SP Fantasy [WB] The Conquerors of Coultchorn v1.1 Beta (Discontinued)

bentguisarme

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Comrade Crimson said:
Would you like custom voice overs for your project?

I am a semi-professional voice actor; and I offer my services to non-profit projects free of charge.

https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson

I've voiced in a lot of Warband projects, like North and South and Sayazn, Fires of War, Perisno, and others.
I'm familiar with that voice! For now, the mod is sort of in a lull as school work and the recent release of fallout 4 have taken up a lot of my time, but I'd love to discuss with you some possible pieces of voice work I'd like done sometime!  :mrgreen:

The Defender said:
i'm getting an error in opening the module in the c++ and closes in the setting data
Pretty sure you're not supposed to open the module in c++! It's in python, see. Have you read the documentation? If you're still not sure how to modify the module I'd suggest heading on over to the Forge with any concerns you may have. I wish you luck!

 

The Defender

Sergeant
Best answers
0
its giving me that error when i try to play the module xd it load up to the textures and when goes to setting data it gives me that
 

u768

The Defender said:
its giving me that error when i try to play the module xd it load up to the textures and when goes to setting data it gives me that
When you start warband exe. Go to Configure > Video. And put on "Load textures on demand". That should solve your problem.
 

Comrade Crimson

Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
bentguisarme said:
I'm familiar with that voice! For now, the mod is sort of in a lull as school work and the recent release of fallout 4 have taken up a lot of my time, but I'd love to discuss with you some possible pieces of voice work I'd like done sometime!  :mrgreen:
Yeah man, just send me a message when you got time and are interested in me voicing stuff for you and I'll get it in right fast.
 

makedonce

Veteran
WBM&BNWWF&S
Best answers
0
I have enlisted myself in some king army to have some better start. I am doing quite well, i am on day 70 with 7 enterprises started and a whole bunch of acres bought.All in all love this mod so far.
Is there a posibility to increase my framerate when i watch my king lurking arround the map? - it seems that i have some frame drops( from 120 to 25 ), otherwise its very stable mod.I wonder if this can be writen in python it will be much more stable and bug free.
I have another question if you don't mind. I am now max rank in troop tree, will i be promoted furthermore like in some special forces or something?
 

Comrade Crimson

Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
Also, I am an avid script writer and lore type of guy so if you need dialogue to be wrote and ideas for factions, characters, etc. I am a pretty good source dump of ideas and other creative mind poopery like that.

 

bentguisarme

Sergeant
Best answers
0
makedonce said:
I have enlisted myself in some king army to have some better start. I am doing quite well, i am on day 70 with 7 enterprises started and a whole bunch of acres bought.All in all love this mod so far.
Is there a posibility to increase my framerate when i watch my king lurking arround the map? - it seems that i have some frame drops( from 120 to 25 ), otherwise its very stable mod.I wonder if this can be writen in python it will be much more stable and bug free.
I have another question if you don't mind. I am now max rank in troop tree, will i be promoted furthermore like in some special forces or something?
The Freelancer mod isn't my creation, but if I could take a peek and make some changes to improve performance and add special promotions, I would like to do that. What's in the works now, however, is just some bug fixes and the implementation of a basic framework for a religious relations system.

Comrade Crimson said:
Also, I am an avid script writer and lore type of guy so if you need dialogue to be wrote and ideas for factions, characters, etc. I am a pretty good source dump of ideas and other creative mind poopery like that.
Lovely!  :smile: I'm happy to hear that you're a writer-type as well! I'd absolutely love to discuss some lore stuff with you soon. I've been swamped with finals this week so I haven't done too much with the mod but as soon as break hits development will kick into high gear once again I hope!
 

Vaeya

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Just thought I'd drop in my two cents and say a huge congratulations for making a wonderful mod! It's nice to have something which plays with a bit more of the Brythonic/Goidelic influence too, and isn't afraid to drop in some other faction! I think troop balance might be a little off (sorry if this has been said to death...) but I think that may be mainly due to some archers (Wicklands mid-tier bows, I think) not having any side-arms, and archers (on both sides of the battle) often just switching to melee weapons even when the enemy is miles away. Otherwise, really, really good stuff!
 

bentguisarme

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Vaeya said:
Just thought I'd drop in my two cents and say a huge congratulations for making a wonderful mod! It's nice to have something which plays with a bit more of the Brythonic/Goidelic influence too, and isn't afraid to drop in some other faction! I think troop balance might be a little off (sorry if this has been said to death...) but I think that may be mainly due to some archers (Wicklands mid-tier bows, I think) not having any side-arms, and archers (on both sides of the battle) often just switching to melee weapons even when the enemy is miles away. Otherwise, really, really good stuff!
Thank you so much!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I appreciate the kind words! The outpouring of support and positive feedback makes developing this mod an extremely satisfying experience for me.

I'm aware of the balance issues thanks to all of the lovely people who've played my mod and shared feedback with me. I'm very excited to start working on the mod again once school eases up! Balance tweaks as well as a slew of bug fixes and added features are what's in store for the next major update.  :grin:
 
Best answers
0
Mod looks great, can't wait for the full release! Any tips/tricks to make the first few months of this game easier? Start is absolutely brutal (good brutal though) Again, thanks for the good mod and keep up the good work!
 

Kjertesvein

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Vaegir Luchnik said:
Mod looks great, can't wait for the full release! Any tips/tricks to make the first few months of this game easier? Start is absolutely brutal (good brutal though) Again, thanks for the good mod and keep up the good work!
Tournaments give 20 000 if you win it all with full bets. That's pretty massive. 

You can exploit the game by going to the neutral island. The legendary sword trader sell items for very cheap, and buys item for full price. You can basically trade, and re-enter the shop and trade the same items. Trade, exit, reenter trade. Rinse repeat and you got a whole armory of master swords.

Don't spec into Trade in this patch, because if you buy the "chest of gems" for 15 000, you'll only sell it for about 500 or so, so I would not put any point in that. The only exception is going to the salt mine. Buy for ~150 and sell it at a town for ~250 which is pretty nice.

:smile:

Hope that helps.
 

Kjertesvein

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Bug report:

Archers are critically bugged in your mod. It seems after restarting this siege 7 times trying to see what's going on: It's as if once an enemy approach of about 10-30 meters from the archers, almost all archers switch to melee or refuse to use their bows. Cross bows are for the most part fine, they shoot like normally, but archers are broken.

Fairly similar thing happening in field battles, but since sieges are inherently more close quarter the effect is drastically more noticeable.

Save game of 1.1 beta just before my first siege defense: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6baFjETxO8_MF9BRy0wWmJpdkU/view?usp=sharing

Pictures ingame. Notice: Observe the "combat text": archers use of melee weapon, even tough I give archers command to fire at will. A few archers who are very far from combat some times use their bow, other times they don't.
http://imgur.com/dGnQzzz
http://imgur.com/a/mTzlM

Other mods, you'll see archers consistently fire, pressing up against each other on the battlement to get their arrows out, but here they are completely docile and do nothing. I think it has to do with proximity, but I can't say for sure.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Swapped out all my master archers for crossbowmen of similar rank and number of men. http://imgur.com/a/Kftnx Complete night and day difference.
 
Best answers
0
Kjertesvein said:
Bug report:

Archers are critically bugged in your mod. It seems after restarting this siege 7 times trying to see what's going on: It's as if once an enemy approach of about 10-30 meters from the archers, almost all archers switch to melee or refuse to use their bows. Cross bows are for the most part fine, they shoot like normally, but archers are broken.

Fairly similar thing happening in field battles, but since sieges are inherently more close quarter the effect is drastically more noticeable.

Save game of 1.1 beta just before my first siege defense: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6baFjETxO8_MF9BRy0wWmJpdkU/view?usp=sharing

Pictures ingame. Notice: Observe the "combat text": archers use of melee weapon, even tough I give archers command to fire at will. A few archers who are very far from combat some times use their bow, other times they don't.
http://imgur.com/dGnQzzz
http://imgur.com/a/mTzlM

Other mods, you'll see archers consistently fire, pressing up against each other on the battlement to get their arrows out, but here they are completely docile and do nothing. I think it has to do with proximity, but I can't say for sure.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Swapped out all my master archers for crossbowmen of similar rank and number of men. http://imgur.com/a/Kftnx Complete night and day difference.
Have you checked the troop in the troop trees? Might be that they don't have  enough power draw
 

bentguisarme

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Kjertesvein said:
Bug report:

Archers are critically bugged in your mod. It seems after restarting this siege 7 times trying to see what's going on: It's as if once an enemy approach of about 10-30 meters from the archers, almost all archers switch to melee or refuse to use their bows. Cross bows are for the most part fine, they shoot like normally, but archers are broken.

Fairly similar thing happening in field battles, but since sieges are inherently more close quarter the effect is drastically more noticeable.

Save game of 1.1 beta just before my first siege defense: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6baFjETxO8_MF9BRy0wWmJpdkU/view?usp=sharing

Pictures ingame. Notice: Observe the "combat text": archers use of melee weapon, even tough I give archers command to fire at will. A few archers who are very far from combat some times use their bow, other times they don't.
http://imgur.com/dGnQzzz
http://imgur.com/a/mTzlM

Other mods, you'll see archers consistently fire, pressing up against each other on the battlement to get their arrows out, but here they are completely docile and do nothing. I think it has to do with proximity, but I can't say for sure.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Swapped out all my master archers for crossbowmen of similar rank and number of men. http://imgur.com/a/Kftnx Complete night and day difference.
Thank you so much for the bug report! I was on a little bit of a holiday hiatus and now I'm back into development. If I'm totally honest, though, my inexperience limits me as to how much I can do about this bug as of now. I'll have a looksee on the forum and try and figure out what might be causing the issue, hopefully it's within my ability to correct. Difficulty hasn't stopped me in the past, though!  :smile:
 

Savhos

Recruit
Best answers
0
Mod looks promosing, enjoying quite a bit. Factions look fresh and even though it feels a little bit of a copy paste from many other famous mods it's still fun too play.

Hope you come up with some unique stuff, that'll make the mod great! I really enjoy the diversity of bandit parties, since killing them, or at least trying too, is what I'm doing at the moment.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
I wonder if the archers issue that Kjertesvein wrote about has to do with the formations and formations AI stuff from PBOD.  I have noticed in my own mod that crossbowmen seem to be more disciplined in regard to standing their ground and firing crossbows than archers.  They are treated the same in the scripts in terms of distance from enemy but do seem to behave differently.  It could possibly have something to do with reloading speed.  Since archers reload more quickly, they might be more responsive (overly responsive) to enemies getting close whereas crossbowmen are busy reloading their bows and can't run off.
 

vodajsci

Recruit
Best answers
0
Hi, I have to say that this is one of the best mode for Warband I have ever played. Congratulations!!
My question: Is ready the continuation of the task Upon Mammon given by Oengus? I have finished more times the part1 but have no idea how to go forward ... ? I can´t  find any hide out over whole map. :shock:
Thanks for your excellent work.  :grin:
 
Best answers
0
This is the kind of mods I am looking for. The Diplomacy, possibilities, more type of men, new characters. I will wait patiently for the official release. Good luck on the project. And great job so far. :smile: