SP Fantasy [WB] The Conquerors of Coultchorn v1.1 Beta (Discontinued)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi

Is there any video, more than the trailer on the first post?

bentguisarme, your mod is hard but amazing...
I try to translate it in french, if you allow me?

Thank you.

Invading army dude spotted standing still in the north west corner of the ocean with 600 troops, they're enjoying it I guess, can't get to unstuck them

Any news about this mod recently? I want to start playing it, but feel like an official release is just around the corner!

Edit: stupid autocorrect

Found one of the Heroes and couldn't help but think: "Where have I seen him before?" And just realised. The avatar of bentguisarme.

Also, not all Vigil spawn with weapons. Or they're spawning with a weapon and the wrong ammunition, I can't tell.

Yo!  Is this still going well or nah?  Really love the idea and lore. The fact that there is FREELANCER.  Brilliant! 

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a while. A combination of anxiety, being burnt out, and dealing with a big move for college made me not want to work on the project any more. I actually still can't quite muster up the courage to look up feedback on the mod, I'm just so nervous.

Anyways, it's still alive, it was just on hiatus, I just downloaded the old module system on my new pc and I'm gonna pick up from where i left off all those months ago. I've also got my student's copy of 3dsmax I want to play around with, I feel like I've relied too much on other people's assets (and while I do credit them and I love all the content creators whose work is currently in the mod) and as such the mod's being held back by my inability to model weapons and armor for the factions that would fit into the idea I've got of them in my head. So an art overhaul is something I really want to pursue.

Apart from that, I've got a new companion interaction system in the pipeline, religion and random events are gonna be things, and general bug fixing and all that. I don't have a set timeframe for this and it could just be bannerlord comes out as soon as I make any progress. But yeah, in the coming months I'll hopefully have more to report. Again, sorry for the inactivity!

bentguisarme said:
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a while. A combination of anxiety, being burnt out, and dealing with a big move for college made me not want to work on the project any more. I actually still can't quite muster up the courage to look up feedback on the mod, I'm just so nervous.

Anyways, it's still alive, it was just on hiatus, I just downloaded the old module system on my new pc and I'm gonna pick up from where i left off all those months ago. I've also got my student's copy of 3dsmax I want to play around with, I feel like I've relied too much on other people's assets (and while I do credit them and I love all the content creators whose work is currently in the mod) and as such the mod's being held back by my inability to model weapons and armor for the factions that would fit into the idea I've got of them in my head. So an art overhaul is something I really want to pursue.

Apart from that, I've got a new companion interaction system in the pipeline, religion and random events are gonna be things, and general bug fixing and all that. I don't have a set timeframe for this and it could just be bannerlord comes out as soon as I make any progress. But yeah, in the coming months I'll hopefully have more to report. Again, sorry for the inactivity!

Good luck with everything.  From what I can see, most players have very positive things to say about your mod.  I hope you get a chance to complete it the way you envisioned.

Hey guys, sorry for not being active these past few months. I just want to preface this with an apology to everyone who's been waiting for an update, I could use the excuse that I have a busy schedule but I should've made the time to say something.

I'm no longer working on this mod and I won't be picking it up again. I just, sadly, don't have the motivation or the time to give this mod the love it needs. A big thank you to everyone who's supported me and stuck with Coultchorn even in its dead state, as well as everyone who's offered their help in its development!

I'd like to keep this brief so, uh, thanks for being understanding, folks. Love you all!

bentguisarme said:
Hey guys, sorry for not being active these past few months. I just want to preface this with an apology to everyone who's been waiting for an update, I could use the excuse that I have a busy schedule but I should've made the time to say something.

I'm no longer working on this mod and I won't be picking it up again. I just, sadly, don't have the motivation or the time to give this mod the love it needs. A big thank you to everyone who's supported me and stuck with Coultchorn even in its dead state, as well as everyone who's offered their help in its development!

I'd like to keep this brief so, uh, thanks for being understanding, folks. Love you all!

That's too sad  :sad:

Can you please try to remember from which OSP you took the mail and lamellar armor that shows in these two pictures? Or maybe you made them? In this second case, may I have your permission to use them in my mod? Cheers.

bentguisarme said:
Wicklands
Led by Brenin Aneirin Kadwalladar
Once exploited by Crymnand, they seek to rise to prominence.​
Finest bowmen in the land.
hxt8cmj.png

taund8c.png
[/s]

mike56 said:
bentguisarme said:

That's too sad  :sad:

Can you please try to remember from which OSP you took the mail and lamellar armor that shows in these two pictures? Or maybe you made them? In this second case, may I have your permission to use them in my mod? Cheers.

bentguisarme said:
Wicklands
Led by Brenin Aneirin Kadwalladar
Once exploited by Crymnand, they seek to rise to prominence.​
Finest bowmen in the land.
hxt8cmj.png

taund8c.png
[/s]
Those are from the XIII Century Eastern Europe pack by Max_Marksman and Vankod as well as The Last Days OSP:smile:

Just wanted to stop by and say a huuuuge thank you for making this mod, it's one of the best warband mods out there, in my opinion at least.

I'm very sad that this is no longer developed, I had a lot of fun playing this mod and conquering the entire map! Anyways, props to you sir and best of luck.

Such a shame. This mod is on par with the Prophesy of Pendor, Perisno and many other mega mods. I just tried it yesterday and got so hooked that I was on the verge of over sleeping and calling out for work. It has a giant map, many announcements with sound effects, crazy units and parties that plague the land. Its got many of the features of the Floris mod and Diplomacy. Its a great loss to the community.

The mod is extremely tough on new characters so importing a character from other modules maybe necessary ( although I believe on of the regions is for a new low level character). There are some glaring flaws like bandit parties not ever being attacked by other parties, the bald headed female faction members that's a result of the author focusing on serious bug fixes.

I know that this mod is discontinued but my hope is that the author can allow the mod to be open so that the community can continue some of the work in this mod. I can't believe the author has discontinued this mod in the state that it is in!

Here's a mod that makes tweaks to the module.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6278?tab=description

It fixes the bald hair issue for the female lords. Now they all have individual faces and hairstyles.
And another tweak makes the factions on the world map act in a more balance and natural way. Now hostile parties and non-hostile parties will interact and have conflict rather than all the hostile parties chasing the player and ignoring caravans and farmers.

Now this mod is more playable.

Back
Top Bottom