SP Oriental [WB] The Age of the Samurai (vote for what faction each has to be!

What clan should Swadia be?

• Takeda

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Sanada

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Oda

• Tokugawa

• Honda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Azai

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • hojo

• Date

• Asakura

• Mori

• Shimazu

• Tachibana

• Chokosogabe

• Uesugi

• Toyotomi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a quick question. If this has already been asked, I apologize, but why are the Tokugawa and Oda seperate?

shadowarcher said:
they are both in different families therefore they are seperate
and the most important part right after Shingens death the Tokugawa launched an assault while the Oda were still fighting the Azai. when the Tokugawa took a couple of Castles from The Takeda clan then they know that Shingen is dead then tokugawa informed Oda the Nobunaga Oda has send a unit of teppomen(riflemen) and then the Tokugawa-Oda allaince fought together at Nagashino(1575).

And we got a server for the mod. the Server is Called Sanada_Clanserver on that server every weekend will be AOTS mod and monday,tuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday will be Native.

looks like someone knows there japanese history i only know a bit (i played on shogun total war i know not the best place to get information but it was a fun game with a bit of historical accuracy)

you want to get information about japanese history ?
read here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_period
Japanese history is a long long story( 35000 AD ---> now) so it can take you long long time to read and remember :mrgreen:

The Azai clan (浅井氏, Azai-shi?) was a line of daimyo (feudal lords) during Japan's Sengoku period that was based in Ōmi Province (present day Shiga Prefecture). The Azai clan, along with the Asakura clan, opposed Oda Nobunaga in the late 16th century. They were defeated by him at the Battle of Anegawa in 1570, and all but eliminated when their home castle, Odani Castle, was taken three years later.

1573 during that time Both Nobunaga Oda and Tokugawa send scout and were tinking Shingen is death Shingen Died in 1573.
they didn't knew if Shingen was dead or not so they moved Carefully Both Odani castle and the Asakura Castle were taken in 1573 i personally dont believe that,what i do believe is that Asakura Castle is Taken in late 1573 then the war with just the Azai that maybe held out for 1 and a half year. and please remember that Shingen Marched on the Capitel in 1572(not sure correct me if wong) it defeated the Tokugawa army cant remember the battle correctly,but Tokugawa withdrawn and got more troops. and awaited Shingens move.

Hey, I was making a similar mod, except a lot less historical. I'm not saying mine has ninjas that shoot lasers or anything, but it's a bit relaxed as far as factions and accuarcy goes. Do you think maybe we could cooperate with each other? If this gets big enough I may join your project.

I don't have much, only some pieces of armor and then most material from Onin no Ran. You can see some screenshots here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,4489.3150.html

Tiberius said:
Hey, I was making a similar mod, except a lot less historical. I'm not saying mine has ninjas that shoot lasers or anything, but it's a bit relaxed as far as factions and accuarcy goes. Do you think maybe we could cooperate with each other? If this gets big enough I may join your project.

I don't have much, only some pieces of armor and then most material from Onin no Ran. You can see some screenshots here:

mmm i got a couple of questions:

1. do you have permission from the Onin no ran mod?  2. Some of there armors are nice what armors do they got(clans like)?
3.What clans do you got?          4.if you have permission then maybe we could join each other(i could make an other template file for the Mori).

5. we got other unit names :razz:              6. I see many of your units and clans that got the wrong colour, for example the uesugi were White,Takeda(shingens warriors) were red. right i am an idiot here, some of the lords of Takeda had black armor my bad but those are not Shingens units. aswell as the uesugi i believe.

7. are you focussing Multiplayer/singleplayer

Btw are you an art artist? we could use some art help.

btw those cigarettes you were talking about was the special unit of the Shimazu those were giants things and they ah nvm.

Goldsparow said:
i can give you info of these three clans
Oda clan
Tokugawa clan
Hojo clan

just pm me if you need :wink:

you got to be kidding me.:razz: finally someone who knows alot about Hojo.:smile:

1) Not yet, but I wasn't gonna release anything until I got it. I guess it's kinda careless on my part, but oh well.
3) I didn't feel like adding more than 6 factions so far, so I only have uesugi, takeda, hojo, mori, shimazu and oda.
5) Yeah, the names I have right now are kinda templates since I need to do some research
6) True, like I said I wasn't gonna make something historically accurate or anything. Most of my knowledge regarding colors and banners comes from Shogun Total War after all :razz: (for example, uesugi kenshin's bishamonten banner being used as the uesugi banner instead of the uesugi crest)
7) Since I don't know anything about making scenes and maps, I was gonna make a MP mod only, unless I happened to learn how to do them. If anything, I was gonna make a new map, but no new scenes.

And no, unfortunately the only thing I can do is simple re-skins like the ones you can see in the pics, but no modelling or anything of the like.

Tiberius said:
1) Not yet, but I wasn't gonna release anything until I got it. I guess it's kinda careless on my part, but oh well.
3) I didn't feel like adding more than 6 factions so far, so I only have uesugi, takeda, hojo, mori, shimazu and oda.
5) Yeah, the names I have right now are kinda templates since I need to do some research
6) True, like I said I wasn't gonna make something historically accurate or anything. Most of my knowledge regarding colors and banners comes from Shogun Total War after all :razz: (for example, uesugi kenshin's bishamonten banner being used as the uesugi banner instead of the uesugi crest)
7) Since I don't know anything about making scenes and maps, I was gonna make a MP mod only, unless I happened to learn how to do them. If anything, I was gonna make a new map, but no new scenes.

And no, unfortunately the only thing I can do is simple re-skins like the ones you can see in the pics, but no modelling or anything of the like.

ok i tell you what the samurai modteam has, 8 Clans(can make a nineth):
Hojo
Shimazu
Takeda-Sanda Allaince
Oda
Tokugawa
Uesugi
Date
Tachibana

Currently the only armour we got is the armor from the hidden chests,so if we got permission for the Onin no Ran then we can work together,btw are the banner from the onin No ran aswell?

Yukimura_Sanada said:
Tiberius said:

Hojo
Shimazu
Takeda-Sanda Allaince
Oda
Tokugawa
Uesugi
Date
Tachibana

Currently the only armour we got is the armor from the hidden chests,so if we got permission for the Onin no Ran then we can work together,btw are the banner from the onin No ran aswell?

No, I've made the banners myself.
Also, since I've been having trouble dealing with the coding part of my mod (and I don't know if I have enough time to make the whole thing myself), I've decided that I'm better off offering my help to you into making this mod, so if you're okay with it, I'm willing to help in any way I can. I'll ask around the Onin No Ran forums for permission so we can use the things I've already made, and I can make some new reskins if you need them. I can also try to do stuff like banners and UI, and of course, alpha testing.

HopitKonsta said:
lol, this is so funny :lol: I once did a mini-mod whats name was Age of Samurai.... :mrgreen:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49622.msg1282059.html#msg1282059
yes, funny eh :razz:
maybe i change the name to Samurai wars or somethign of the like.

Tiberius said:
Yukimura_Sanada said:
Tiberius said:

Hojo
Shimazu
Takeda-Sanda Allaince
Oda
Tokugawa
Uesugi
Date
Tachibana

No, I've made the banners myself.
Also, since I've been having trouble dealing with the coding part of my mod (and I don't know if I have enough time to make the whole thing myself), I've decided that I'm better off offering my help to you into making this mod, so if you're okay with it, I'm willing to help in any way I can. I'll ask around the Onin No Ran forums for permission so we can use the things I've already made, and I can make some new reskins if you need them. I can also try to do stuff like banners and UI, and of course, alpha testing.

cool that you made the banners yourself(really all my banners that i made look meh meh).
Could you send me the banners then i can get em ingame or can you tell me how you included the banners ingame?
do you got steam?
and thank you for asking permission,Could you do a few reskinslike the Ashigaru units etc.
Welcome aboard :smile:

Tiberius said:

Excelent work dude. Oni no Ran guys let the project die but I am happy that you brought back those smoking hot textures to warband. Can you retexture them in order to look like warband textures? It would be great.

Tiberius said:

Haha Tiberius, some of those screenshot names made me laugh, "black samurai, representin'" and "haters wanna hate"
especially when listening to 50 Cent - Poppin' them thangs  :lol:

on topic: thems some nice armours, although some of the weapons looked a little strange in terms of their size.

Yukimura_Sanada said:
cool that you made the banners yourself(really all my banners that i made look meh meh).
Could you send me the banners then i can get em ingame or can you tell me how you included the banners ingame?
do you got steam?
and thank you for asking permission,Could you do a few reskinslike the Ashigaru units etc.
I just modified the banners_kingdoms.dds file, here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jz0nmzj5zjd

my steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nack210

And yeah, I guess I could make a few more re-skins. Do you think these can work for the ashigaru?
mb10-1.jpg

mb17-1.jpg

mb28-1.jpg

mb_warband2010-07-0116-47-11-54.jpg

Derra said:
Excelent work dude. Oni no Ran guys let the project die but I am happy that you brought back those smoking hot textures to warband. Can you retexture them in order to look like warband textures? It would be great.
Well, I've been trying to improve them in any way I can, and I've managed to give them things like bump and specular maps (so they can shine and look properly when being hit by light), but I'm not sure I can make them look as good as the ones from warband. I guess they look good enough, though. The problem are the models, because I can't make or modify them and I have to use these outdated ones.

ShlurpleZePurple said:
Haha Tiberius, some of those screenshot names made me laugh, "black samurai, representin'" and "haters wanna hate"

on topic: thems some nice armours, although some of the weapons looked a little strange in terms of their size.

You mean like those cigarrete-looking clubs?

Tiberius said:
Yukimura_Sanada said:
do you got steam?
I just modified the banners_kingdoms.dds file, here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jz0nmzj5zjd

my steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nack210

And yeah, I guess I could make a few more re-skins. Do you think these can work for the ashigaru?
mb10-1.jpg

mb17-1.jpg

mb28-1.jpg

mb_warband2010-07-0116-47-11-54.jpg

Derra said:
Well, I've been trying to improve them in any way I can, and I've managed to give them things like bump and specular maps (so they can shine and look properly when being hit by light), but I'm not sure I can make them look as good as the ones from warband. I guess they look good enough, though. The problem are the models, because I can't make or modify them and I have to use these outdated ones.

ShlurpleZePurple said:

You mean like those cigarrete-looking clubs?

i thought of 3 different types of ashigaru, like in singleplayer Peasants(basic ashigaru armor like the pictures you have shown,then AShigaru medium armor,then Epic Ashigaru heavy armor.
so those ashigaru could work well for the base ashigaru.

Tiberius said:
Alright, I'll see what I can do. I doubt ashigaru would get "epic" armor, though. :lol:

Ashigaru had Heavy armor because later the warlords realized that AshigaruTeppo were THE new weapon so then they began equiping the Ashigaru.

Back
Top Bottom