• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

SP Oriental [WB] The Age of the Samurai (vote for what faction each has to be!

What clan should Swadia be?

  • Takeda

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Sanada

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Oda

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Tokugawa

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Honda

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Azai

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • hojo

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Date

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asakura

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Mori

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shimazu

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tachibana

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chokosogabe

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uesugi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyotomi

    Votes: 1 5.9%

  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Yukimura_Sanada

Master Knight
ShlurpleZePurple said:
I'm sorry to revert back to The Last Samurai again  :roll:, but I noticed something that got me thinking.

Earlier in the week I saw this, Cartread's Deployable Pavise Shield thread.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117391.0.html

Then, I saw this. It's the final battle scene in the movie and if you care to watch it all, you'll notice the archers behind
the large wooden/bamboo barricades.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgppJaKcmic

Now, I might be pushing the boat out a bit here, but if you can have deployable pavise shields, I don't see why you
can't have these babies popping up in front of the ranks of archers. Obviously you would have to get permission from
Cartread to use his idea and turn it into what i've suggested, and i'm not sure if it would be practical in-game having your archers carrying large wooden pallisade barricades on their backs until they decide to put them down (unless it's possible to make a command that can do it for you). Personally, i'm not a modder, and I don't have the foggiest how much work it would take to implement something like this into your mod, but like I said, i'm just putting the idea out there.

again, good luck, I can't wait for this.  :wink:

implenting could be 20 minutes just copying the codes i gues.
permission takes 1 day.
well with luck and permission i can have it ingame in 20 minutes. i am asking permission now.
I can maybe make an command for the bots to Deploy shields for multiplayer it is possible players just need to carry the shield and place it.

i watched it oh man what funny 1:30 i advise to send in small skirmishers first.
Nonsense full attack. then the attack got killed haha.
 
Yukimura_Sanada said:
ShlurpleZePurple said:
I'm sorry to revert back to The Last Samurai again  :roll:, but I noticed something that got me thinking.

Earlier in the week I saw this, Cartread's Deployable Pavise Shield thread.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117391.0.html

Then, I saw this. It's the final battle scene in the movie and if you care to watch it all, you'll notice the archers behind
the large wooden/bamboo barricades.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgppJaKcmic

Now, I might be pushing the boat out a bit here, but if you can have deployable pavise shields, I don't see why you
can't have these babies popping up in front of the ranks of archers. Obviously you would have to get permission from
Cartread to use his idea and turn it into what i've suggested, and i'm not sure if it would be practical in-game having your archers carrying large wooden pallisade barricades on their backs until they decide to put them down (unless it's possible to make a command that can do it for you). Personally, i'm not a modder, and I don't have the foggiest how much work it would take to implement something like this into your mod, but like I said, i'm just putting the idea out there.

again, good luck, I can't wait for this.  :wink:

implenting could be 20 minutes just copying the codes i gues.
permission takes 1 day.
well with luck and permission i can have it ingame in 20 minutes. i am asking permission now.
I can maybe make an command for the bots to Deploy shields for multiplayer it is possible players just need to carry the shield and place it.

i watched it oh man what funny 1:30 i advise to send in small skirmishers first.
Nonsense full attack. then the attack got killed haha.

Yeah, it's cool how the samurai played to that guys weakness, his arrogance.
 

Yukimura_Sanada

Master Knight
yes in the end they got killed :sad:.

anyway the recruiter kit from Hessuu is ingame. and i have asked permission for the pavise shields.
 

SirAndre

Knight at Arms
some screen showing the upcoming shogun total war 2

http://www.devoticustodes.net/forum/showthread.php?p=41703#post41703

Hope it raise up modder spirit and the anticipation of this mod!
 
SirAndre said:
some screen showing the upcoming shogun total war 2

http://www.devoticustodes.net/forum/showthread.php?p=41703#post41703

Hope it raise up modder spirit and the anticipation of this mod!

Holy moley, those're the first shogun 2 gameplay screens i've seen, thanks man.

SHOGUN 2 IS GONNA' LAY THE SMAKETH DOWN! WAY DOWN!
 

Archie

Veteran
Definitely looking forward to Shogun 2  :grin:

On the subject of the pavises, correct me if I'm wrong but I've never actually seen a Japanese shield, or read about them having been used, so I will probably end up using item editor for that one. As for The Last Samurai, it's one of my favourite films but I always felt the last battle didn't seem to sync with what I'd read about Japanese history (I could go on but I'll avoid clogging up the forum with unnecessary pedantry).

Good luck with the mod, M&B has a definite dearth of completed samurai mods (Kengeki apart, which pushes my pc a bit too far).
 
Archie said:
On the subject of the pavises, correct me if I'm wrong but I've never actually seen a Japanese shield, or read about them having been used, so I will probably end up using item editor for that one.

I meant using the same code or w.e (I don't know the terminology, i'm not a modder) as the pavises, but editing the pavise shield into what I explained if you would care to read up the page.. mobile wooden/bamboo pallisade barricades for archers to take cover behind, which can be used in the same way as a pavise shield is.. sorta'.
 

Archie

Veteran
Ah ok. Guess I misunderstood.  :oops:

The camp entrenchment kit (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,81249.0.html) might be of use for that if it's ever released on Warband. Granted it uses wooden spikes rather than pallisades, but it does have the advantage of not having to carry individual pallisade segments (or whatever) around, or have to work out a way to get the ai to use them properly.

 

aragod12

Recruit
hey,Yukimura_Sanada , you should take some equipments of MP Kengeki, a lot of items( weapons, helmets,...) of Japanese, they are wonderful.
link here : http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1769
And when is this mod released ? next month? July? September? or next year? i love samurai very much
 

Yukimura_Sanada

Master Knight
asking permission for Kengeki and the entrechment kit.
i might also ask permission for the use of the Form Ranks kit.

this mod willbe released when its done.

multiplayer is now 50% of the factions done.
but we still need new equipment so Multiplayer will be i think 40% done.
Our moddeler is working on the models(making them and texturing) and that just takes alot of time.
We are still looking for art artists so if your good with photoshop please say so the sooner we get all the clan banners the sooner i can get the banners ingame :smile:.

 

aragod12

Recruit
i have some pics of samurai
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:eek:3YcApQ5QT1rcM:http://img.tamtay.vn/files/photo2/2009/2/10/23/3704031302/4991ab98_300px-samurai.jpg
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:wSls1PD0_GWgbM:http://img.tamtay.vn/files/photo2/2009/2/10/23/3704031302/499451a0_samurai.jpg
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:g3wLr7_e8ITGiM:http://www.realsamuraiswords.com/store/images/T/samurai-swords-masahiro-flower-katana.jpg
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IiezRSoBLYCX4M:http://www.1800hart.com/blog/wp-content/Samurai_3000_Collection_Samurai_MW3000SP1_490.jpg

they can help you a little
 

Yukimura_Sanada

Master Knight
those are really to small.
but dont worry i will ask permission for the Kengeki stuff. maybe add some own Custom armor and then done.

in multiplayer the ashigaru Armor will be as follows:

Ashigaru Conscript armor------Ashigaru Armor-----Epic Ashigaru armor
weak early samurai stages    Normal/Regular armor  heavy Ashigaru armor
 

aragod12

Recruit
the others pics
this armour set is called Oyoroi
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%2812%29.jpg
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%2813%29.jpg
Domaru
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%282%29.jpg
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%288%29.jpg
Haramaki
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%281%29.jpg
Toudei Gusoku
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%287%29.gif
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%289%29.jpg
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%283%29.jpg
http://i1.accvietnam.vn/f/ichizine/s/7/aogiapnhatban%20%286%29.jpg
 

aragod12

Recruit
some pics
http://www.crsponseller.com/images/portfolio/nwn2clothing/samurai_wiremesh.jpg
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss215/tramanh0204/CIMG1759.jpg?t=1248100010
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss215/tramanh0204/CIMG1765.jpg?t=1248100113
http://www.kutchcraft.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/samurai-decorative.jpg
many kinds of sword in this:
http://www.japanese-sword-katana.jp/

do you want some information about ninja or any troops? i can help you
 
I'm not a modder personally, but i've been browsing these forums for a good year or so now,
and i've seen many-a-mod come and go.. I guess what i'm trying to say is, take your time and
make it the best it could possibly be, that will be the difference between a good mod, and an excellent mod.  :wink:
 

aragod12

Recruit
http://translate.google.com.vn/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=vi&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Faikidotenshinkai.com%2Fv4%2Fshowthread.php%3F427-[V%25C5%25A9-Kh%25C3%25AD]-KaTaNa-%2528Ki%25E1%25BA%25BFm-Nh%25E1%25BA%25ADt%2529&sl=vi&tl=en

information about katana
 

Yukimura_Sanada

Master Knight
aragod12 said:
some pics
http://www.crsponseller.com/images/portfolio/nwn2clothing/samurai_wiremesh.jpg
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss215/tramanh0204/CIMG1759.jpg?t=1248100010
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss215/tramanh0204/CIMG1765.jpg?t=1248100113
http://www.kutchcraft.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/samurai-decorative.jpg
many kinds of sword in this:
http://www.japanese-sword-katana.jp/

do you want some information about ninja or any troops? i can help you

some information about the castle names would be nice.
 

Matheus

Knight
Since this is a japanese mod i think you will nedd some inspiration.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pt-BR&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php%3Ftid%3D90492%26extra%3Dpage%253D1&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmount%2Bblade%2Bcn%26hl%3Dpt-BR%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DNhI%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:pt-BR:eek:fficial%26channel%3Ds&rurl=translate.google.com.br&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhg2QDC7sgKC7ezPwN-kZ7fnLmWG6Q

This is the chinese forum for mount & blade (that's exolain why I used google translator). There is some links to download, but It is better to ask for permission.
 
Top Bottom