MP Oriental [WB][The Ōnin War-Sengoku jidai]

Users who are viewing this thread

BlackNight55

Recruit
                                                                                        :grin:  Hello there. :grin:
                                                          I started the project about civil war in Japan in 1467-1477.
EndOninWar.png

For people who don`t know what Onin war is:
Its civil war in Japan that lasted 10 years (1467-1477).
The war initiated the Sengoku jidai, "the Warring States Period". This period was a long, drawn-out struggle for domination by individual daimyo, resulting in a mass power-struggle between the various houses to dominate the whole of Japan. During this long period three individuals emerged who would unite Japan under one rule; they were Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Tokugawa Ieyasu.

Factions planed:                        Weapons planed:
-Shimazu                                    -Katana
-Date                                          -No-Dachi Sword
-Takeda                                      -Flintlock guns
-Uesugi                                        -Spears/Naginatas
-Otomo                                        -Bow and arrows
-Imagawa                                    -Shurikens and trowing knifes
                                                    -And more....

Mod in progress!
images

You can add your ideas :grin: it would be helpful :wink:

So has anything been developed so far or is this more of an idea?

The Ōnin War (応仁の乱 Ōnin no Ran) was a civil war that lasted 10 years (1467–1477) during the Muromachi period in Japan.
A dispute between Hosokawa Katsumoto and Yamana Sōzen escalated into a nationwide war involving the Ashikaga shogunate
and a number of daimyo in many regions of Japan.

029432-1.png

1007_face.jpg
1008_face.jpg

1009_face.jpg
1010_face.jpg

20-3.%20Ming-Ju%20Sun.3.jpg

20-1.%20Ming-Ju%20Sun.1.jpg

Img%20238.jpg

Img%20239.jpg

20-2.%20Ming-Ju%20Sun.2.jpg

shugo.gif

100.jpg

108.jpg

107.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

oyro.jpg

Hi ! sure it's a good idea  :smile: but I'm worrying about something, there's already a released mod about sengoku-jidai named Gekokujo. I don't really know when phlpp has set his mod, but it would be a same that you two guys are making mods about the exact same period  :???:

Though I would rather something placed a bit later within the Sengoku Jidai timeframe, something like this has been a dream of mine for a while now, and I have been just waiting for someone to realize it. I wish you the best of luck and if updates are posted I will watch carefully for what you have next.
Harada said:
Hi ! sure it's a good idea  :smile: but I'm worrying about something, there's already a released mod about sengoku-jidai named Gekokujo. I don't really know when phlpp has set his mod, but it would be a same that you two guys are making mods about the exact same period  :???:

Granted, but a major difference is the fact that this is planned to be multiplayer. Gekokujo is only singleplayer at the moment and although the developer has mentioned a possible multiplayer in the future I have not seen a post about it recently.

Interesting idea.  I am not sure how historical you are planning on making it, but flintlock muskets are not from the period.  From what I understand, firearms were really introduced by Portuguese sailors a half century later (and even then they were the more primitive matchlock muskets and not flintlock).

Though, considering the date of the earlier posts, I am thinking this is actually a necro by matmohair.

Back
Top Bottom