SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

Users who are viewing this thread

Exactly, there's no reason why they shouldn't. Instead there should be somekind of link between the size of the travelling tribe and the wealth value of the newly founded village. It can be made right ?

I started a Fort map icon, but had to scrap it due to too high poly......

screenshot92201045405pm.png

EDIT: Three new swords I made. Poly count top to bottom: 220, 232, 292 (noble's weapon)

screenshot922010111601p.png

Based the second one from top on this drawing...
829d41c1aa8a.jpg

Based the bottom one on this drawing...
burgund.jpg

Well, I think I have enough to start a texture atlas....

I love them, especially the last one for it's grip.

About the fortress, yes i think that kind has a native problem with the battlements. I suggest you get rid of'em, and keep a high line for the battlements. Then in texture time we use the alpha and black squares to draw them.; afterall it's an icon...it's small

I'm taking a some days pause away from textures, because some new ideas came into my mind and i want to have a deeper look. I updated the first page with a second series of features that real features are not. Those are more ideas that i'd love to introduce for your pleasure but that still need much research with greater modding minds to see if they are applyable to the game. I decided to publish them as well because maybe some of them have been already developed and abandoned or left aside.
If you want to know more or you can help you are welcome to ask  :wink:

Updated first page with factions' list. It's divided in three branches:

Germanic migrating populations: the Vandals, Suebes, Alans and the Visigoths. Then the settled populations, most along the Roman border. Here we find the Thuringians, the Franks, Rugians, the Alemanni, Frisians and Saxons. While the Roman provinces are divided in three, Gallia, Itallia and Illyria; even if i think that in the first release there willl be only two of'em as Italy and Illyria will be merged.

Well, still haven't textured the swords, :sad:

But I worked on this instead.

Based off this pic.....
7eaac70c417c.jpg

About 99% hand painted....

screenshot97201022956am.png

screenshot97201023111am.png

I'm still working on the crest. Here are some pics of the helm ingame without it. I know I ****ed up the normalmap :razz:

mb100.jpg

mb97.jpg

mb99.jpg

And the all important tri count.....928 w/o crest, 1096 with.

And it's my first helmet I completed, so don't laugh :razz:

Why laugh it's really good, however Fraoliva already made one but alternatives are welcome, so players can choose.

Thanks for another unexpected gift btw  :mrgreen:

CounterPoint391 said:
Well, still haven't textured the swords, :sad:

But I worked on this instead.

Based off this pic.....
7eaac70c417c.jpg

About 99% hand painted....

screenshot97201022956am.png

screenshot97201023111am.png

I'm still working on the crest. Here are some pics of the helm ingame without it. I know I ****ed up the normalmap :razz:

mb100.jpg

mb97.jpg

mb99.jpg

And the all important tri count.....928 w/o crest, 1096 with.

And it's my first helmet I completed, so don't laugh :razz:
Looks great, but the normal map is weird and you could use a nail texture. I've made one if you need one. Also the metal plate on the back of the neck needs to be flattened.

It still needs a lot of work. All those rivets need to be completely redone with proper shading. And making an awesome normalmap is just as important as the texture. But thanks for the compliment, :grin:

Hey everybody i'm here to say that it seems my problem with the monitor has been solved.

This evening i'll be the proud owner of a brand new SamsungP2450H and my exile from here will be definitely over.

However my focus on the mod has not been slowed down by the technical issues and while i couldn't keep up my texturing work, i put together some more stories from a friend of mine correcting them to fit the setting and the historical accuracy.

@CP
i forgot to say that the second pics of yours is to me the best one. should be used as an advert because of the scene...

Back
Top Bottom