SP Fantasy [WB] Stormlight mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Ragid313

Recruit
Hey I am planning on making a mod based off the Stormlight series by Brandon Sanderson. I have been playing around with a few things, but I realized that I didn't have a really set plan at the moment for how much of Roshar I want in the mod. So I figured I would go ahead and ask on this forum about what I should include. So basically I have a few questions.

1. How big should the map be/should it encompass the entire map presented in "The Way of Kings"?

2. Which/how many factions should be included?

3. How to handle the war in the shattered plains?

One idea I already have for number 3 (side note: I do want the time period to be roughly the same as "The Way of Kings") was to maybe have a faction named "Elhokars army" or something like that and have the high-princes be the vassals and have each of their war camps be castles, with Sadeas and Dalinars war camps along with Elhokars "palace" be towns, and then have the actually kingdoms in alethkar be ruled by the people they left behind so that the highprinces lands back "home" can be at war with each other without it affecting the war in the shattered plains.

Ragid313 said:
I get that but I am just asking for ideas. Sometime some outside opinion can help

start small with the map and number of factions/items you can. Learn from that and grow you mod as you can over time. If you are new and try to create something huge... that will likely just be another mod that never saw the light of the day.

Quality over quantity
Gameplay depth over quantity

You will do so many mistakes... Have so many issues... Break so many things... So going slow is the safest way.

Yes exactly, I don't want to be too huge, but I want to get peoples opinion about what is kind of the "basic" map/faction level that won't leave too much out.

Very curious about this since I recently started reading the books and I really enjoy them. Have you done anything at all so far with this?

There are so many elements that I just don't know if it's possible to do In warband. I'd love to see it happen though. Do you think you'd be able to include shard blades (appearing) and redoing the currency system entirely? Then as you mentioned the shattered plains, where you'd pretty much have them all connected to work with permanent bridges. There are the chasms themselves, which would almost have to some kind of "drop" that nobody can pass over.

I think if you are seriously undertaking this, start with a few factions. All the High princes from Alethkar then maybe Parshendi to start out. Maybe as a goal to unite all the high princes by submission could be the goal, and when the map is conquered, that would trigger the Everstrom and Parshendi uprising etc.

Anyway those are just my thoughts. I honestly don't know how I would undertake this project if I did it myself, so best of luck good sir.

Back
Top Bottom