SP Fantasy [WB] Tadroth in Flames

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rNGRMzy.png

Information
Tadroth in Flames, is a fantasy modification set in the world called "Tadroth". At this point there are three major factions who controll parts of the world. These are the Gildorians, Thagons and Republicans.
Tadroth in Flames will provide a world based around the Medieval age and later including muskets/guns and more historical and as well fantasy equipment.

This modifications lore is selfmade and still a massive W.I.P, wanting to try a complete different setting compared to my latest modification (Bellum Imperii - Ceased development due to loss of HD without backups  :facepalm:).
For this reason, there is to be expected that there are some not logical aspects in both the lore as the mod itself. During the development progress I naturally hope to improve on any aspect to create the best possible outcome: A enjoyable, stable and finished modification.

The mod makes a massive use of OSPs, made by the many brilliant modders in this community. Please take note of that, I will merely create the lore, put everything together and create the scenes.
Any help in terms of advice or suggestions will therefore be greatly appreciated!

The mod is currently still a heavy WIP, both the lore as all the gameplay aspects still need a lot of work, for that reason is there at this moment no release date estimate and neither will be there one for quite a lot of time. This also means that this current thread still misses aspects/information. The Republic is for example a placeholder name till I find a more suitable one. Therefore you can see that there is neither much details about the faction known yet considering it's still WIP. Please stay tuned, and it will all be made clear and updated in the future.

A feature list will follow shortly!

Previews

90gpjDE.png
97635A832DBBCDA3E50DCFD3441431C37E8C3872
378A0088047C640CED374F5076DD794CEE0BDCF2
ED2CB740A9EE30BFDB15271D2682DFAC6099FEE2
(Note# These especially are WIP, as the connections between torso/armor and boots need to be fixed)
652FC31006E3DCAB27335A13F771E888F442ADAD
1C33464352EE6EEBD66FAE158A36A1156A7D609D
29D50CB9876706DDC91CDAF7CE0B231238038808
F65B5B9805999B7FD84266019108CC256FAAEA34

Polls

Yes both! - 11 (73.3%)
Yes! But Trolls only! - 0 (0%)
Yes! But Orcs only! - 3 (20%)
No! - 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15
Voting closed: August 11, 2015, 10:36:01 AM

Factions

VCGiBca.png

Faction Details
Faction Leader: King Dawkin
Former Leader: (KIA) Emperor Tibout
People: Gildorians
Capital: Whitehaven
Major Towns: Summerhold, Eastfell and Rosewick
Cultural background: Medieval (Western)
Lore Background
Note# This lore has definitely not been made by a professional writer :razz: Please take in mind that first of all, various stuff couldn't make sense and secondly that its put together by a non-native-English speaker. Grammar and spelling mistakes could therefore come forth. If there's something that doesn't make sense, please do state it so it can be adjusted!

It’s the 9th age.. The year is 8427.

The Gildorians controlled in the past an empire that oversaw vast amount of lands that lengthened from the West all the way to the East, bordering in the south the feared Desert, and the north by the Icelands.

However, several decades ago, the Thagons, a feared people that lived beyond the desert, crossed the desert and entered the unaware and ill prepared Empire from the South. A great war soon raged on, as the Empire struggled to maintain their Southern provinces, various battles were fought against the Thagons. Each and everyone of them lost, and the casualties kept on rising for the Empire...

It was only when Dimdale the far most biggest and capital city of the Southern provinces fell by the Thagon invaders, that the Emperor decided to muster an army at Whitehaven in order to rush to the South and engage at once with the Thagons.

The current so called king of the Thagons, Erethral who was a well battle tested king, decided to cross the great river in the East. With as purpose to attack the Emperor while the Imperial troops weren't at full strength.

At this point, it looked like nothing would stop the Thagons in completely taking over the Empire.

However, at the decisive Battle of the River Crossing, The Thagons could be pushed into a full retreat back to their new capital Dimdale. This battle however, had proved to be very costly. Many men found their grave, including the Gildorian Emperor Tibaut and the Thagon King Erethral. Leaving both the Empire as the Thagons with a new ruler.

It was soon clear, that both sides were unable to undertake any major actions. The Empires manpower was highly drained and not only that, but it has just lost it’s Emperor.

The Thagon situation wasn’t much great compared to that. It to had suffered great losses, however the loss of their King, who gave a purpose to these invasions had as well perished in the battle. Of course the formers king son, and their new king. Was still aiming for the conquest of the rest of the Empire.

However he decided that further conquest at this point could very well bring it’s own people in danger. As they now as well had the so called Republic as their neighbour in the North-West. This meant that they could ill afford to fight an all out war in the Northern provinces in the Empire. So, both the Gildorians as the Thagons agreed on starting negotiations. The Gildorians had to completely hand over the remaining lands in the South. By this the Empire lost all it’s provinces that were beyond the great river. This however was a price they were willing to pay. As this would mean that the land could finally be at peace. And restorations of both manpower as the economy (which both had suffered greatly) could begin.

The loss of so many land however got the king and his council decide that it was rather appropriate to change back to a realm status of a Kingdom, instead of an Empire. This was ofcourse not just because the loss of land. But also to preserve what remained of the former Empire. Keeping the Emperor title would form a possible threat to the Thagons, who they at this moment could ill afford to anger. As that could well mean the end of the Gildorian civilization.

So henceforth, there would be two kingdoms. To the North of the Great river, there would be from now on the Kingdom of Gildor, with Dalwin as it’s new King and to the South the Kingdom of Thagon with Svagrior as it’s king.

What followed was several decades of an uneasy peace. As the Kingdom of Gildor is recovering slowly, talks have started in the royal court about war... Reconquering the lost lands, avenging the late emperor... Regaining prestige....

Ys19Rdr.png
Faction Details
Faction Leader: King Svagrior
Former Leader: (KIA) King Erethral
People: Thagons
Capital: Dimdale
Major Towns: Waerham, Misthall and Snakefall
Cultural background: Barbarians (Viking/Eastern)
Lore background
WIP

n9bFVT5.png

Faction details
wip
Lore Background
WIP
[td]      [/td]

[size=18pt]Credits
Al Mansur
Willhelm
thick1988
Narf of Picklestink
mr.master
Full Invasion 2 Dev Team
The Bowman
k0nr@d
dia151
Jaakko
SacredStoneHead
Sauron_mate
Yamabushi
Tumajan
Lor Dric
Kovas
proud
pino69
iggorbb
bogmir
dejawolf
Lucas_the_Benevolent
La Grandmaster
Shredzorz
BrustwarzenLenny
Nexons
Jojjo
Andragorn
amade
xenoargh
Mackie
cow7488
stevendinav
drakharoch
Waewulf
Pino
Spak
Llew
Totsk
"Crusaders Way to Expiation Team" : For their amazing 2D Art
If you see content in previews or other material that's from someone not in this list, please mention it so I can add him. Always a chance that I forgot someone!

Thanks for taking a look, leave a comment behind with your thoughts/suggestions/advice! And please do note that everything is still very much WIP and will be developed over time.​

Sal_TheConqueror said:
Very cool design liking it so far , best of luck !
Thanks mate!

Antonis said:
(secretly watching from the shadows)

Looks amazing Gokiller! Those Republicans see to bring guns into knife fights, eh?  :razz:
Sneaky you! Yeah... Luckily I didn't do any balancing to the pikemen. So the pikemen ended up killing all the bandits. :lol: They saved the day for those musketeers!

Thanks though!

It's always fantastic to see original fantasy settings come to life. Yeah, Middle Earth, Westeros and a galazy far far away are nice and have amazing mods, but I really, really like mods like this. Original, novel and making use of their own material.

Antonis said:
It's always fantastic to see original fantasy settings come to life. Yeah, Middle Earth, Westeros and a galazy far far away are nice and have amazing mods, but I really, really like mods like this. Original, novel and making use of their own material.
Yeah I'm these days also more in favor of the mods that are based of lore/stories made by the mod creators themselves instead of basing it off a book or something. As some people can really be creative and the end product ends up wonderfull. Just have to see how this will work out though. :razz:

But yeah, glad you like it. :smile:

Froi said:
Looks great, can't wait for more screenies!
Thanks! More screens will surely follow!

Antonis said:
Eh, I'm sure it will be fine. You are certainly creative, the only thing I fear is lack of spare time to work on the mod.  :smile:
Haha yeah, that might be a tricky one. But I'm sure I'll manage haha.

fladin said:
Nice idea to reduce the number of factions to 3 = more centers (and power) for every faction = very difficult to eliminate them
Good luck
There probably will be a couple of more factions. However they will be minor ones though.
And thanks.

Bellum Imperii was great, i'm sure this one will be as great if not much better. And original lore, too.
I'll be keeping my eyes on this mod  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom