MP Fantasy [WB] Solgaard Roleplay

Users who are viewing this thread

New updates!

Update 1 26/8/2013
[quote author=Achilles]
Hello guys!

I am making this post to inform you all that we are now back with the Dev Logs, to keep you updated on what we are currently working on and about development points we finish throughout time.
Since you are probably already aware of SRP's conversion to a Mod, it should be fair to keep you informed about the progress we are doing in re-adapting everything we had done previously into a Mod from day 1.

Thank you all for bearing with us this whole time!

With love,
Achilles
[/quote]
Update 2 12/9/2013
[quote author=Achilles]
Hello everyone!

Firstly I want to apologize for the long time it took before we made our 1st entry. The reason for this is because I live in a neighborhood where people apparently steal the main internet provider cables to retrieve the copper and sell it. This happened shortly after I made my last post about the Dev Logs being back, since then I had no access to the internet and so that is why I disappeared for so long.
Today's lesson 1: Copper is a valuable metal.
Today's lesson 2: Internet does not function without cables.
Today's lesson 3: Anyone carrying a cable will be shot on sight by Achilles.

Now lets go to what everyone has been waiting for! Our first entry!
Although we have been working on many things simultaneously, we have been focusing more on the character management, which includes the graphical presentations of it, the database interaction functions and the different categories that will be represented under each character a player owns.
Once inside the character management panel, a player will be able to view how much gold the character has, the character's faction, standing, the deeds that the character holds for ships or houses (we will talk about these in more detail on a different entry), and the possibility to delete the specific character chosen by the player, creating a new fresh slot for a new character.
A player will be able to own up to a maximum of 5 characters.
Not everything of which was talked here about the character management is completely finished but we expect it to be finished soon and functioning properly.

We will be posting entries more regularly from now on, so stay tuned!
With love,
Achilles
[/quote]
Update 3 24/9/2013
[quote author=Achilles]
Hello all!

We have finally finished the character management functions & presentations, and everything is now working properly regarding that.
With that being said, you will probably be happy to know that we are now working fully focused on the chat system.
This will be a very interesting feature since we will bring something not yet seen in other mods, or at least that I know of.  :smile:
What this is, is a completely customized chat window where you will have all the comfort, caviar and champagne to roleplaying like a boss, while no longer being annoyed by the huge spam of the OCC chat among other things you could choose to not see. What we are aiming for this chat system is for the possibility to choose between 4 different tabs which you can switch depending on what you wish to see.
Local - Will display all the messages being spoken by the characters near you, all the event messages, whisper messages, shouting messages and emotes.
OCC - This will display only messages from players who wish to speak out of character, from the whole server.
Events - The events tab will display every event message, from the actions you perform in game, world events happening to your character and server messages.
Help - Help is for people who are new to the mod or people that have any questions, which will be answered by admins or other regular active people willing to help other players.

We have actually been working for some weeks on this customized chat box system already, so we are expecting it to be finished very soon.

See you soon!
Achilles,
with a bit less love than the previous entry, because I haven't paid the rent yet.
[/quote]

Not decided. Here's another update!

Entry #5
Achilles said:
Hello once more!

I come to inform you about our progress!
Shock has been kidnapped and and so all the donation money has been directed for his ransom, however the criminals who kidnapped him were kind enough to let him use their internet to keep SRP development intact.
With that being said, I am proud to inform you that we have finished the chat box system and that now we have started working on the inventory system.
The inventory will consist in a menu where you can choose between 4 different panels: Equipment, Inventory, Deeds and Map.
We are currently working on the inventory and equipment categories of this Inventory Menu, which will allow a person to organize their items in the backpack, however they wish their items to be sorted, and it will also enable so that players can quickly drag and drop items into their equipment slots.
I wont be talking much about the deeds and the map categories in detail since we can not yet guarantee the features we can offer with these. But as we finish working on the Equipment & Inventory and proceed with the other categories, we will speak on these with more detail.

We have been discussing among the staff team and we though about the idea of releasing SRP as soon as we had all the fundamentals finished which includes: The chatting system, the inventory system, the character management, basic resource gathering and basic item crafting. If this was to be applied, only 2 more of these aspects are needed to be finished before the release.
We would be very grateful if you could put some input related to this in your replies, whether you agree with the idea or disagree.

With love,
Achilles

PS: I have'nt rob Shock, so it's have'nt been me. ))

The first official ingame screenshot of the roleplay server- now guess what it is :mrgreen:
BsDhvBW.png
Not everyone has this luxury, though.
nbExVc3.png

It doesn't work on 1.158?
And, uhmm..  When will the server be on?
Also, the forums doesn't work.. It keeps giving me the "Oops.." error.

is it just me?
Give me link of the forums, I might be trying the wrong one.

delavaskez said:
It doesn't work on 1.158?
And, uhmm..  When will the server be on?
Also, the forums doesn't work.. It keeps giving me the "Oops.." error.

is it just me?
Give me link of the forums, I might be trying the wrong one.
http://oasisteam.eu/srp/index.php

Back
Top Bottom