MP Fantasy [WB] Solgaard Roleplay

Users who are viewing this thread

shokkueibu

Knight
jqnl8x.jpg

OFFICIAL TRAILER.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuFnZDpypb8
[url=http://sol-rp.com/forum/index.php]Our Forums.
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SolgaardRP]Our Steam Group.
Solgaard Roleplay is a soon to be released native server.

Backstory:
The map:

Solgaard is a resource rich Island in the Alai sea, between Jumne The Nordic Homeland, and the Calradian Kingdom of the Nords. The island was discovered by Jarl Balder 'Arn' Drakensrok, who originally colonized the lowlands of the island, creating a harbour. Though attrition from the pirates that plagued the land had driven him to abandon the harbour and set hold on the highest peak of the Island. There he stayed when Lord Constantine Rust and Lord Aaron Windfell were sent from Calradia upon hearing of the island to colonise it. Lord Constantine occupied the harbour as he was first to arrive and Lord Aaron moved for the opposite end of the Island. Though there was a large conflict between the two previously mentioned lords, resulting in a ferocious battle which was held on the coastline which ended in a white truce between the two, crippling them both rather heavily.

Years later to the present, all three of the noble families have thrived into bustling holdings, living off eachother's trade and cooperation. The lands that Constantine holds has the only port, and the most fertile land for farming. The Lands that Lord Aaron holds, is the most rich in timber, and the Lands that Jarl Balder holds, has the most minerals and stone. All of the nobility are independent amongst themselves, following no banner but their own, having abandoned their Calradian big brothers. They found no reason to stay under their banner as they only sent Calradia wealth, so they may fight amongst themselves. Knowing that Calradia is too busy with their wars at home, they would not send armies to reclaim their territories off the main land. This is where the story continues.

Features List:

[*] Naval Battles, working ships that can be purchased.
[*] Storage carts which are pullable by horses and people.
[*] Working siege weapons.
[*] Spinning windmills.
[*] Economic-system which provides a balanced roleplay for all the players.
[*] Vast amount of detail in objects such as fireplaces, candles, small items such as apples and plates. Everything to make the ambiance feel warm and real.
[*] The ability to write on ingame 'parchment' and give it to someone.
[*] Working jobs such as miners, lumberjacks, blacksmiths, merchants, farmers, ect where you can actually gather the materials and create the items ingame to make money instead of just roleplaying the job.
[*] Every tree, flower, rock, wheat, fish etc is part of the economy-system and can create new things out from it.
[*] Possibility to sleep in the bed rather than just standing on the bed pretending that you are sleeping.
[*] A Pirate faction. Pirates that controls the sea, plunder docks and travel routes by ship.
[*] A realistic hunger system.
[*] Four different factions with individual strength and resources, e.g Nords have the minerals to create swords and the pirates have ships to be purchased but also unique items from distant lands, therefore interaction between factions are crucial for everything to go around.
[*] Deathmatch - No battlegroup or anything similar. If you get ambushed you are sure to be unaware of it.
[*] Chests which are able to store items.

Screenshots:

Vandaris looking over the Drakensrok:

The Rust keep:

Drakensrok feasting hall:

Puppet show cart:

Execution ground:

Merchants stall:

The Dancing Goblin ground floor:

The Dancing Goblin second floor:

The Staffteam:
http://sol-rp.com/forum/index.php/topic,995.msg9009.html#msg9009
DEVELOPERS:

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063347955]
Phoenix: Project manager, mapper, graphical designer.
Achilles: Project manager, mapper, project secretary.
sHocK: Scripter, website administrator.
Kroshnir: Scripter, website administrator.
Jur: Scripter.

PROJECT ADMINISTRATORS:

Holgard: Roleplay administrator, lore author.
Tenthshadow: Roleplay administrator, Head website administrator, beta testing manager.

PROJECT MODERATORS:

Ayleth: Roleplay moderator, PR-manager. Forum moderator.
Septimus: Roleplay moderator, forum moderator.
Protex: Roleplay moderator, forum moderator.
Chadyo: Roleplay moderator, forum moderator, Teamspeak-manager

Contact us at:
[email protected]

Signatures

Code:
[center][url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,263306.0.html][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2h7khp2.png[/IMG][/url] [/center]

Aye it does.
Everything is done server side, but we will have the option for players to download a seperate mod for enhanced feature / gameplay.

Looks awesome but what will this take to run since it's a full open map and such. Overall could you explain in a short paragraph what this mod is, haven't looked at warband mods or the role play so I don't know what it is. Could you compare it to an mmo except on an open world M&B map.

[*] Our developers have come up with ways to sort the FPS lag because of the vast amount of interiors of the rooms which are placed. I play on a very bad laptop and it is easy enough for me to run and to fight on, ect.

[*] It is very similar to an MMO but on an open world M&B map but unlike roleplaying on MMO's we have admins and moderators to control what goes on so we don't get instances of people trolling, metagaming (Using knowledge that is not available to their character to give them an advantage) or powergaming (maximising the power the player wields e.g being undefeatable). While making it a controlled enviroment we will still give the players alot of freedom to make choices of their own and to create up their own plots/storyline for their characters. For example, if they wish to desert a certain house and join another or if they want to start a rebellion against nobility.
If this hasn't fully answered your question, I apologise.

Since it's not mentioned in the features: How will (re-)spawning work after a ko? Similar to wrp?

As for differences to casual MMO's, mainly it's that "farming" will not be an option to enhance your wealth (no idea what exactly they will implement there, but all the beta testers claim the economy does actually work on it's own. I , for once, doubt this btw).
The second important difference to casual MMO's is the concept of the "character kill", meaning in effect that if your character is not just beaten down lightly, but severly injured or harmed otherwise, he might die permanently, disabling you to play him/her again.

Respawning after being knocked out will be similar to WRP. You will respawn with low health. But as for more indepth stuff like people looting items from you whilst you are knocked out, we have been discussing this but have not come to a permanent decision, but we have an idea that there will be some minor effects afterwards like you are slowed for a while, if possible.

Looking great! How will HP on ships work out, and will the siege weapons be something that need to be set up server/scene side or dynamic? What can they destroy?

Overall very excited, and I understand the need for a degree of secrecy pre-release. Kind of with Semi there on the eco-skepticism though, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

Ayleth said:
I personally dislike drop on ko, since it encourages people to beat others down for loot, instead of figuring out what they actually want from the victim.
On the other hand roleplayed looting needs to be possible, I swear I had tears in my ic-eyes everytime I ordered to dump a corpse in the river with their good , almost new boots still on their feet, which my peasants or soldiers could have always needed :mrgreen:

Sceptisism is always good because then theres always the possibility you'll be blown away when you see the actual product.

[*] We are still discussing how the HP will work on the ships but we know they are fully sailable.
[*] We will probably allow users to use the ballista through chat commands so that they won't need to download an addon persee. But we are still discussing it. Or rather, we are still judging for the best way both performance and gameplay wise which is the same status we are on with what they will be able to destroy.

And I totally agree with you Knüppel. Its very unrealistic looting 16 loafs of bread after shooting someone whom is standing fifteen meters away :wink: We will take this into consideration, thank you ^^

Ayleth said:
And I totally agree with you Knüppel. Its very unrealistic looting 16 loafs of bread after shooting someone whom is standing fifteen meters away :wink: We will take this into consideration, thank you ^^
Hehe, I had problems exactly the different direction: Getting robbed as baker, trying to offer the guy my bag with 20ish bread verbally and via /me, he keeps beating on me to loot coins that I hadn't on me :lol:

also,
:shock:
Just wow. Will you also have like fixable/movable siege ladders or bridges ready on the map? (so that people can play sieges with less then three weeks ooc preparations)?
I really don't like to admit this, but mentioning assault artillery makes me want to try it out right now :razz:
Mainly excited for what you will be able to damage with it (Obviously other people, but with the right calibration and ammunition a Ballista could also be used to bring down pretty much any wooden structure)

DarthTaco said:
Wow...just wow. Word's can't explain how happy I am right now! A mod where I don't have to message an admin "I can haz assassinate pl0x!". You've made my life gents.

Never thought we'd see a Native RP server on this end of that argument, did'jya?  :mrgreen: Too true, though, and a step in the right direction overall.

DarthTaco said:
Wow...just wow. Word's can't explain how happy I am right now! A mod where I don't have to message an admin "I can haz assassinate pl0x!". You've made my life gents.
finally no more tickets to execute wannabe murderers that was caught :smile:

On a totally unrelated sidenote, I now do believe the economy will work after I got to hear a few very interesting and promising details. Believe me or not :lol:

Back
Top Bottom