SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Feragorn said:
You'll not be able to make slings, so give any sling units weak bows.

We'll give them stones, ideally with a sling model even though there won't be an animation. Too important for us not to feature given the preponderance of slings ingame.

While I don't know yet how to change the distance of a thrown stone, the distance in vanilla isn't that bad.

You guys know about the Song of Taliesin? I'm 100% sure I saw slings in one of their previews. If their modders are still around you might be able to get them.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,106.0.html

Cruger said:
You guys know about the Song of Taliesin? I'm 100% sure I saw slings in one of their previews. If their modders are still around you might be able to get them.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,106.0.html

as i remember it was just a static object witout animation

probably it is not so hard
but there we need at least 3 people who know vertex animation
who know how to do with a new (rigged) animations
and the one who can do coding things

(if we look at bow animation we can use something very similar
the only problem here is that we need an animation for holding attack "rotation till a moment we throw a stone")

Revan Shan said:
Arrakhis said:
tw I hope u keep the 1257 ad gameplay style

You mean: Everybody goes heavy infantry, you need 5 chops to kill somebody and non heavy infantry gets owned in the first 5 seconds as if they were nude or smth?

no the paper-rock-scissor system
U clearly didnt pay attention what make 1257 ad is the best mod

calvary weak vs spearmen
spearmen weak vs heavy infantry
archers weak vs shield unit

In that case yeah that's the goal. How well I can pull off stat balancing I am not sure of, since I am not a big math guy.

Cavalry are inherently predisposed to be weak to spears, and spears will probably (on top of Ritter's semi formation scripts) get a boost in speed if not damage too - spear breaking will presumably be kept to the AI.

Since Ritter's script allows for and makes sidearms important all spearmen will get a 'sidearm' (Dagger, knife, axe, mace, sword, ect.), but their skill in 1h weaponry will be much lower than the rarer designated melee infantry (Shardana, Israelite sword and board, Takabara, ect.). Such troops will probably get +50 to +75 more 1h skill than a spearman of the same level, and Shardana will then probably get another +25 to +50 for 'ethnic' bonus (since they specialized in swordsmanship).

Armor is going to by nature be rarer in this period, since metal armor was pretty much the realm of the 'elites' or professionals (Kisir Sharruti and Immortals) and there isn't nearly as much of a presence of leg armor, soft armor, or necessarily helmets. I don't think it'll be "unarmored guys die in 1 hit", but you can't expect an unarmored, unshielded guy to stand up to archery fire or melee troops.

On slings:  crazy thought.  They didn't use crossbows in that area of the world at that time, correct?

So you could have slinger animations with vertex animations for loading and firing, or even stave slings.  That would be pretty awesome.

Yeah if someone is willing or able to do a new animation set for it, we can replace the crossbow animations with it.

Bumppah.

So I heard youre looking for sceners? You cant trust me to finish my work, and my attention span is short, but Id be willing to make a few small scenes :wink: If you dont know my work, I can point you to some mods Ive worked for.

Greets there Temuzu. :smile:

If you're interested in a few small scenes, what I think we'd really benefit from would be some grassland villages or forts (or if you're ambitious a city) using the khergit sandstone building material. It'd be for Persia or the Trojans, although if you wait a bit for me to verify it you might be able to work with Lynores' greek buildings (I am pretty sure he gave us permission for them).

Back
Top Bottom