SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I have happily played mods found here for awhile but never joined up, and I joined with the specific purpose of applauding your current pursuits.  Thanks to all of you, I have wanted a really well done Bronze age mod for soooo long and it appears you are all going to deliver on that.  Looking forward to the release!

haven't been on the forums in a few weeks but just saw the excellent progress....that last armor is beautiful!

eagerly anticipating this mod

Hello to everyone! I am Zander and I am new to this forum. I registered because I saw this wonderful mod which is really realistic and which will give us an amazing experience in Mount and Blade Warband.

However, do you guys know when will it be released?

This mod makes my mouth water!

Appreciate the kind words! And greets Zander and any new posters, welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy it. :smile:

I am afraid we can't give a release date, but I can say with certainty we're aiming to get it at least alpha released as soon as possible and the safest bet I can say is that we'll be sure to release before the end of this year. Beyond that I can't really give a simple specific answer.

Thank you, Sahran.

I love history and to see ancient Egypt, Hittite Empire and Mesopotamian kingdoms included here is a big positive surprise for me. I am also glad you included early Greece.

As far as I know, Mycenae and Troy are included in this mod. But will you guys include Knosos on Crete, all together with palace of Minos?

Mykenai is in both as a capital (And seat of faction leader Agamemnon) and I believe a scene by Kuauik. Knossos is in as the seat of Idomeneus. I'd have considered smudging history to get King Minos and an independent Crete but the martial capacities of Minoan Crete don't really have the weight their cultural wealth do, so Idomeneus and the Cretans are the same dress/troop wise as the other Achaeans. Which is to say a mixture of early Mycenaean (Pikemen with tower shields, heavier boxy chariots) and late mycenaean (more armor present, lighter rounder shields, slashing swords, the javelins widespread in the Iliad). We don't have a scene for the Palace of Minos just yet, I think, given the volume of stuff to do but I'd imagine it'd be possible for the future.

That would be wonderful, I was always impressed by Minoan and other early Greek civilizations.

I am looking forward to some screens of some new work you guys did :smile:

Good luck with everything!

I just watched a few pictures of pyramids you guys created for this mod. I do not want to look like a complaining jerk, but the pyramids created look like today's pyramids do after thousands of years. Ancient Egyptian pyramids (when completed) were covered with marble and had it's tip covered with gold or electrum (mixture of gold and silver), and were usually accompanied by temples, walls and long corridors leading to the entrance to the pyramid.

After the mod is finished, will visiting and actually entering a pyramid be possible?

The pyramids are kuauik's domain, so I am not entirely sure but I think in the future you might be able to. Right now we've got too much priorities to attend to. :smile:

i got a suggestion for chariot, you can make chariot a horse, where the place where the player "mounts" is the chariot, and the horse is infront of chariot rigged, so the player is riding horse which is the chariot and he controls it while he is riding the chariot and can shoot / fight from it?!

Interesting idea, I am not sure how it'd pan out scripting wise. Suffice to say Ritter did establish the chariot script and it's been extensively improve upon by its new generalismo, DrTomas. Main reason we haven't done a fancy video of it is we're busy as bees, I'd rather have all the bells and whistles in with the new chariot cabs and twin-horse setup by alxcruel than our clunky and simple box prototype, and the script is still in progress. However we can say with certainty we've got the chariot script, it works, it looks great and the AI take to it very well with DrTomas' great skirmishing script.

So short of an apocalyptic explosion they will be in the alpha release. I'm not sure by how much but we will probably restrict how many chariots can appear in battle given limitations of the scripting/clipping - so where you could hypothetically have 60 or 70 cavalrymen on a single side in a single battle (vs the same amount on team B) with no problems short of framerate, there's no way in heck we could allow that with chariots without it becoming a ridiculous scene. A ballpark estimate is that no more than 30 or 40 chariots per battle and even that's pushing it. But I can't say by how much or necessarily if we will, just that it's more than likely. And we can try to make it so states that relied more on chariots could field more than those who did less or who had relegated it to a purely shock role (Assyria & Babylon) rather than their entire mounted corps.  Naturally the goal is for every troop type to have a niche

Relatively slim. Didn't see usage in our period (latest sources used are early 5th century for the Persians), and I believe DrTomas said it would be arduous to script, if I recall right.

Oh I see, I completely forgot about the period hahahahahahahaha

I will be glad to see chariots. I guess they will be top tier units right?

Gambino said:
i got a suggestion for chariot, you can make chariot a horse, where the place where the player "mounts" is the chariot, and the horse is infront of chariot rigged, so the player is riding horse which is the chariot and he controls it while he is riding the chariot and can shoot / fight from it?!

That would make it really awkward to steer around since the horse would kinda glide all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom