[WB] [S] Twilight of The Sun King (Old Topic. Enjoy as a historical archive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
Congratulations on the release. I'm downloading it right now. It'll be the first time I've played Warband in quite a while.

Thanks Doc! It's still going to need polishing but we wanted to get it out now and go to open development! :smile:

Auldman said:
The mod will be released very soon. I am about 75% certain it will be within the next 7 days.
You're such a tease... :razz:

Downloading now, can't wait to give it a whirl! :grin:

Tcherski said:
w-w-wha downloading what ?!

First page :smile: Read the guide for downloading 1257 as they use the same SVN system. After the guide there is a link to download the SVN. It's not difficult. Takes a few minutes (took all of 20 seconds for me to download Tortoise the other night) and I found the download and installation much faster than through rar or zip.

FinnishKnight said:
So there will be an rar download mod tomorrow

Yes. Afton's planning to do one. But I really do suggest trying the SVN and it's how we're going to do updates from here on in. If the rar goes up tomorrow it will be the last one we do.

Ooops I keep forgetting it is already Sunday morning here and in Europe so "tomorrow" really, hopefully, means sometime later today for the rar version.

Loving the mod thus far! My Bavarians have already conquered a hell of a lot of French Generals in combat. :wink:. But a few suggestions...

I was ambushed by bandits in a Polish town when on the way to the marketplace, but there were bushes everywhere so I could only kill 1 of 2, I had to reload and just not go to the marketplace there. It was night and I couldn't find them. Perhaps enable the backspace menu during those engagements, regardless of how minor?

Also, I've noticed all of Sweden's recruiters try to give me the equivalent of Caravan Guards, I believe. This intended? I was a vassal of Sweden on the character in question, if that matters.

Windbusche said:
Loving the mod thus far! My Bavarians have already conquered a hell of a lot of French Generals in combat. :wink:. But a few suggestions...

I was ambushed by bandits in a Polish town when on the way to the marketplace, but there were bushes everywhere so I could only kill 1 of 2, I had to reload and just not go to the marketplace there. It was night and I couldn't find them. Perhaps enable the backspace menu during those engagements, regardless of how minor?

Also, I've noticed all of Sweden's recruiters try to give me the equivalent of Caravan Guards, I believe. This intended? I was a vassal of Sweden on the character in question, if that matters.

Ah thanks! Still some things for us to tweak and work out as we go along. I am sure Tomas will have a more in depth answer later. I was playing as Britain most of today but I plan to start some Swedish and Russian chars soon to get that side of it and look at things. The benefits of SVN are that as we update and fix things you guys get to be testers as each fix and change comes along. I hope when we get our board to be able to announce when updates we make will require new games (not all updates will but when we put in major things like new factions it certainly will) and when they won't. I am off to bed now. Everyone have fun! :smile:

Ah but before I do I'd like to thank the members of the team past and present. We got it out there! Be proud of that!

Ah, so the SVN automatically updates? That's awesome! Gonna make downloading stuff much easier. :wink:.

I must say, the quality of the uniforms is absolutely great. I love the weapons too. The Cane Sword is the weapon of sirs. :lol:

Love the mod so far. One question, will you be able to give the ottomans a special unit for the cannon operator as it feels out of place with a janissary line side by side with wigged men in overcoats manning the canons.

Lots of crashes when trying to access menus in towns. Not sure if it's trying to load ANOTHER bandit ambush (please no) or if it's loading all the awesome items. Also, Dutch Double Barreled Carbine has one barrel. Might want to look into that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom