SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I usually play as Infantry so that means Gondor and on the off chance  that  I wanted to play as a cavalryman I would still play as Gondor because their regular cavalry looks awesome,but then you have the Swan Knights from Dol Amroth which are on a whole new level of looking badass. So basically you will never see me as playing Rohan (not a fan of nordic looking stuff anyway).

Turambar87 said:
Oh, hey!  You're using the models I made for the Gondor Soldier Overhaul mod!  :grin:

How much work goes into re-rigging stuff from Medieval 2?
We aren't anymore mate, sorry. Hence why you're not in the credits list. The models are brilliant though, and I am greatly enjoying using your mod in Third Age Total War!

Jacob123 said:
Jarvy you will post here when it's released right? It's just that I don't use your forums :razz:
Sure thing. I have internet back now so I'll be posting here more often.

Daethikus said:
This mod looks wonderful, really professional looking, great job!
It seems like all the great mods are WiP, lol. When this comes out though, I am totally clueless as to if i'm going to play as a Uruk or a Man first, taking over the world as a badass Uruk-Hai with those cool ass swords, or being a normal guy, defending against endless hordes of hideous monsters  :razz:

****, I'm impatient, keep up the good work  :mrgreen:
Don't worry about it being WIP - you've come to us just as we're nearing release!

BacCompany3 said:
I used to be full of hope, now I no longer know the smell of TLD air.  :sad:
Woah! You're insinuating that TVS is dead. Far from it. I spend hours every day working on it! We're nearing release actually. I'm just doing initial balancing, then sceneprops, then a closed beta. After that it's just a matter of working through a to-do list (which I will keep you updated on) until it's done!

Jarvisimo said:
Daethikus said:
This mod looks wonderful, really professional looking, great job!
It seems like all the great mods are WiP, lol. When this comes out though, I am totally clueless as to if i'm going to play as a Uruk or a Man first, taking over the world as a badass Uruk-Hai with those cool ass swords, or being a normal guy, defending against endless hordes of hideous monsters  :razz:

****, I'm impatient, keep up the good work  :mrgreen:
Don't worry about it being WIP - you've come to us just as we're nearing release!

Thank god. I can't imagine waiting as long as these dudes.  :lol:

Well the mod's only been in development less than a year, and for a project of this size you're lucky it's not taken three years. It's only because I spend an unhealthy amount of time per day modding that you're getting it so quickly. :grin:

And for those who're worried, fear not - I'll be making TVS for Bannerlord the second it comes out.

EDIT: But where are my manners? Your interest and excitement is really flattering. Thank you very much! :smile: It really means a lot.
Thanks everybody for your continued support! I'm currently working on Minas Tirith. It might take a few weeks, though.

Jarvisimo said:
Well the mod's only been in development less than a year, and for a project of this size you're lucky it's not taken three years. It's only because I spend an unhealthy amount of time per day modding that you're getting it so quickly. :grin:

And for those who're worried, fear not - I'll be making TVS for Bannerlord the second it comes out.

EDIT: But where are my manners? Your interest and excitement is really flattering. Thank you very much! :smile: It really means a lot.
Thanks everybody for your continued support! I'm currently working on Minas Tirith. It might take a few weeks, though.

I am actually pretty surprised, I assumed you have been making it longer, I know another mod thats been wip for 2 years now and still isn't out lol. But for the love of god please continue your unhealthy habit  :lol:

Can't wait to see it! Good luck scene-ing  :wink:

Which reminds me to ask, are there any basic coders here who are up to doing an obscene amount of item balancing?
Currently all the stats of TVS's items are the same (as to speed up coding initially I just copy-pasted and then only changed the code that I had to), and now I'm close to release I need to balance the mod out. Unfortunately that's gonna take a loooong time, time which would be better spent trying to get some basic scenes fixed up for previews. (Such as Minas Tirith, which is immensely fun to make).
So, if any modders have a week or so spare to initially balance TVS's items, that'd be fantastic and I'd really appreciate a helping hand.

Of course I don't need help, but it'd speed me up by a couple of weeks. Mainly because what with finals over the next 3 weeks, I'm now down to about an hour and a half per day modding as opposed to the five hour sessions of last month.

Daethikus said:
Jarvisimo said:

I am actually pretty surprised, I assumed you have been making it longer, I know another mod thats been wip for 2 years now and still isn't out lol. But for the love of god please continue your unhealthy habit  :lol:

Well yes, I suppose that's the advantage of being one of the youngest modders on here (I'm only 16).
In that I don't have to hold down a job/family, so I have a lot of free time.

EDIT: Apologies for the double-post.

I imagined you as some classy-looking 26 year old. Then again, Windy imagined that I was quite a few years older than I actually am as well. Goes to show that if you act mature people will think you're older than them.

Jarvisimo said:
Daethikus said:
Jarvisimo said:

Well yes, I suppose that's the advantage of being one of the youngest modders on here (I'm only 16).
In that I don't have to hold down a job/family, so I have a lot of free time.

EDIT: Apologies for the double-post.

Wow I hate you, only 16? I thought you were some bearded coder like 30 or something. Goddamn only one year younger and you have this masterpiece #envy  :lol: :razz:

Excuse me, since when have I ever acted maturely? :grin:
And, I am British so I'm still pretty damn classy. Unlike those colonial ruffians across the Atlantic.
Just kidding, Americans. Those of you who I have met in real life are some of the friendliest people I've ever had the pleasure to know. Apart from my dad's friend Ian. I call him The Joker, because he NEVER STOPS SMILING. He's seriously the happiest man I know.
Daethikus said:
Wow I hate you, only 16? I thought you were some bearded coder like 30 or something. Goddamn only one year younger and you have this masterpiece #envy  :lol: :razz:
It's my life aspiration to be a bearded 30 year old coder.

if ruffians are across the atlantic and i'm from there but i'm in spain, am i still a ruffian?

does being across the atlantic make me a ruffian? am i born a ruffian if i'm born across the atlantic? does my ruffiness transfer across the atlantic to spain?

does the airline charge me for my ruffiness?

things to ponder...

Back
Top Bottom