SP Dark Ages [WB] The Northern Fray - A singleplayer viking mod

Users who are viewing this thread

tansvanio

Sergeant Knight at Arms
The Northern Fray

Welcome, people of taleworlds to my last project I have been working on for the last couple weeks. I dont wanna spend a big deal making a pretty and nice thread about the mod until I have finished it but I decided to release some information to get your hopes up and release some of the content I have been working on.

"The Northern Fray" is a singleplayer viking themed mod for warband. I have decided to create a viking mod after noticing there was none for singleplayer. I would also like to state that the famous "Brytenwalda" served as an inspiration and it is one of my favourite mods, however my goals are for a scandinavia cultural set and not a set of christian, celtic, british cultural set. In the northern fray there is no talk about the christian god... The crows of Odin are the only ones who roam the sky.

It is also of equal importance to state that "The Northern Fray" will take place in a fantasy land of my imagination, even tough the cultures have heavy scandinavian influence and most factions were inspired by real norse clans. This is an age of vikings.

There will be 6 factions in the game with the following names:

- The Yngling Clan
- The Plyeng Tribes
- The Skjöl Clan
- The Wulfang Clan
- The Völseng Clan
- Kingdom of Northrel

The Cultural Set

Well, basicly there is gonna be a clash of 3 different cultures. In one side you have the viking clans, traditional viking sociaties each with its own pros and cons. On the other side you have the Kingdom of Northrel, this is a big faction that is trying to conquer the other viking clans. The Kingdom of Northrel is still heavily viking influenced however it is trying to evolute into a more medieval culture leaving the ways of the viking behind. In the middle of all of this you have the Plyeng Tribes, these are snow nomads despised by both sides and caught betwean the fight, however they might just strike back...

Factions:

Kingdom of Northrel:

So as stated before, The Kingdom of Northrel has its roots in a viking society however it is more advanced and is ready for a cultural leap over into new technology. The kingdom as decent infantry, weak archer levies, but able to flood the enemy with arrows within a small to medium range if employed in the right numbers. The best things about the kingdom are probably its evoluted cities and castles, mostly made of stone and its imported horses from the southerlands. The Kingdom of Northrel is the only faction to have the new weapon of cavalry, even tough its only light to medium cavalry. Will this new weapon bring victory to the kingdom? Or will this foreign nonsense be defeated by the power of the old ways... its up to you to decide...

Here is a troop tree (do forgive my paint skills)

Credits:

- Tansvanio, creator of the mod.
- Dejawolfs viking pack

I thank you kind sirs for the dedication. I will try to post one more troop tree tomorrow. It is kinda what im focusing on at the moment. After all the troop trees are done I will probably release an alpha so that people can help me balance the items and troops. After that I will make a new map and after the map I will be adding new content and features :razz:

This kind of reminds me of an old M&B1 mod called "Roots of Yggdrasil". Any connections? Will the map/units/items be fantastical? I did notice though you said this was in a fantasy world.

Yes, it will be something like that mod. I remember I loved playing it eheh.  I write this medieval novel for myself (nothing fancy) and the setting will be in one of the regions I imagined. It will be a land with mostly snow, some areas with green pastures, some areas with trade acess to the south. I aim for a realistic setting making the clans fight for the resources.

EDIT: The map will be fantasy becouse I will be inventing it. The items and all the rest will be realistic, so no flying valkyries mounting a tiger. If anything you will get a couple rare items like "Sword of Odin" or something along those lines.

tansvanio said:
Yes, it will be something like that mod. I remember I loved playing it eheh.  I write this medieval novel for myself (nothing fancy) and the setting will be in one of the regions I imagined. It will be a land with mostly snow, some areas with green pastures, some areas with trade acess to the south. I aim for a realistic setting making the clans fight for the resources.

EDIT: The map will be fantasy becouse I will be inventing it. The items and all the rest will be realistic, so no flying valkyries mounting a tiger. If anything you will get a couple rare items like "Sword of Odin" or something along those lines.

Sounds lovely. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom