SP Musket Era [WB] Sands of Egypt

Users who are viewing this thread

dia151

Knight at Arms
Mod is dead, here's a link to all the files done so far, including module system. Use whatever you want freely.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66498078/Sands_of_Time.rar

modprojlogo_by_gazda1-d5bx3gq.png

Behind this flashy name "Sands od Egypt", stands a mod project I decided to work on in my free time. My most recent fetish, in terms of historical periods, is napoleonic era, and everything near it. As you all know, with every Napoleonic mod, there's always the same question circling around, and that question is Ottoman empire. I myself, out of all factions and cultures in the said era, have the biggest flare for exactly that faction, Ottoman empire. But, unfortunately, there is no Ottoman empire in any napoleonic mod for warband. And that exactly is the reason why I decided to make on, mix business with pleasure, you might say.​

About
Mod is set in Napoleons Egyptian campaign, as simple as that. It will be a total conversion, so to speak, featuring changes in all game aspects, from map icons, to battle formations. Starting year will be 1798 and factions will include: French republic, Ottoman empire, Mamluks and Bedouins. Since I'm a sharebear, everything I make, I will release as open source. Also, as I progress with development,  I'll update this thread with more info, more pictures, and even more unnecessary flashy graphical interface, cause you know my moto, If you gonna sell ****, at least pack it nicely.

Factions
fench_by_gazda1-d5bx96u.png

ottoman_by_gazda1-d5bx95y.png

mamluks_by_gazda1-d5bx96h.png

bedouins_by_gazda1-d5bx97a.png
France                                    Ottomans                                  Mamluks                                    Bedouins

Troops
France
Militia, Line infantry, Fusiliers of Line, Grenadiers of the Line, Chasseurs, Chasseurs a Cheval,Heavy Cavalry

Ottomans
Peasant Levy , Beylik Janissary, Azzars, Nizam-i-Cedit Infantry, Palestinian Auxiliaries, Cemaat Janissaries, Bashi Bazouks, Deli Horsemen, Circassian Cavalry             

Mamluks
Mamluk Levy, Mamluk Auxiliaries, Mamluk Cavalry, Mamluk Heavy Cavalry

Bedouins
Bedouin Levy, Bedouins, Camel Warriors, Camel Gunners

Features

• Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment v0.92
    • Splitting a troop type into 2 divisions
    • Volley Fire
    • Formations
    • Battle Continuation after player death
    • And many more
  • Freelancer v.1.5
    • Playing as a regular soldier
    • Earning promotions
    • Regular salary
    • And many more
  • New campaign map
    • Map of all vital areas of napoleons egyptian campaign
    • New map icons including landmarks
    • Overall texture improvement
  • New scene props
    • Complete conversion from medieval to napoleonic era scenery
    • Scene props will include everything from battlements to tavern cups
  • New Items
    • Lots of historically appropriate items
    • Everything from horses and camels to arms and armors
  • Other features
    • General graphical improvment
    • New musket animations
    • New terrain borders
    • Building encampments on world map
    • Many useful miscellaneous scripts

Team

dia151 - Coding, Modeling, Texturing, Mapping, Scening

As you can see I do everything. I can do everything by myself, but If there were more of us, development would go a lot faster. So if you wanna help a bit, or join my cause contact me and ill get you something to do, you just say what you can do.

Progress

I cant give you exact percentages, but I can always try to describe it in words. Ottoman armors are close to being finished, just some officer armors and I'm done. Map is also very close to being complete. Some coding stuff is done, some not. After finishing ottomans, Ill focus on french. Shredzorz has made excellent 18th century uniforms, they are a bit out of date for this mod, but require only minor model changes and some texture changes and thats it. 

This is the place where I'll post screenshots of finished work(if I don't get too lazy)

1111_by_gazda1-d5c0le0.png

1112_by_gazda1-d5c0ldt.png

1113_by_gazda1-d5c0lde.png

1114_by_gazda1-d5c0ld2.png

1115_by_gazda1-d5c0lcv.png

1116_by_gazda1-d5c0lcn.png

1117_by_gazda1-d5c0lcb.png

3332_by_gazda1-d5ccezu.png

312312_by_gazda1-d5cdvu4.png

rendermuskettwo_by_gazda1-d5femrw.png

renderhats_by_gazda1-d5femsz.png

renderboots_by_gazda1-d5femuf.png

renderarmors_by_gazda1-d5femvd.png

mb27_by_gazda1-d5femvk.jpg

mb26_by_gazda1-d5femvn.jpg

mb_warband_2012_09_20_09_44_55_27_by_gazda1-d5femvx.png

mb_warband_2012_09_20_09_44_45_86_by_gazda1-d5femw4.png

mb_warband_2012_09_20_09_41_36_81_by_gazda1-d5femwd.png

mb_warband_2012_09_20_09_39_56_30_by_gazda1-d5femwp.png

mb_warband_2012_09_20_09_37_22_56_by_gazda1-d5femx3.png

mb_warband_2012_09_20_09_33_51_17_by_gazda1-d5femxf.png

mb_warband_2012_09_20_09_33_25_20_by_gazda1-d5femxx.png

wwaddaw_by_gazda1-d5fenq5.png

#4 wip

18meinfantrydeligne_by_gazda1-d5g9dik.png

terf_by_gazda1-d5gs783.png

mappics_by_gazda1-d5jcrq6.png

openbrf_2012_10_28_21_35_41_93_by_gazda1-d5jcrkb.png

openbrf_2012_10_28_21_35_47_81_by_gazda1-d5jcrk2.png

Liking the look and sound of this.

However, I will say (though, of course, I am not modeler or texturer myself) that the texture of the musket posted looks curiously flat and artificial.

Good luck :grin:

I know there is one of the Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment version which have ripple fire ( i aso think it has Fire by rank) it would be awesome if you added those :grin:

since theres new 1.153 compatible wse released, ill most certainly add latest pbod(it has real battle deployment and lots of other cool features that can only be achived with wse) instead of the current 0.92., ofcourse, once cabadrin ports it to latest wse

all the soldier uniforms for the ottomans are done, only officer stuff remains, but Ive taken a detour and gone to finish wepons for ottomans

a musket from yesterday
3332_by_gazda1-d5ccezu.png

3331_by_gazda1-d5ccezy.png

Cozur said:
Musket looks a bit too oiled, maybe saturate it a bit? Love the other models.

now that you said it, i think i see it myslef

so i reworked the yellow steel and wood parts and result is this

312312_by_gazda1-d5cdvu4.png

Back
Top Bottom