SP Native [WB] Mount and Blade Warband: Reborn

Users who are viewing this thread

Lionheart2

Veteran
XvOJU.png

https://tw.greywool.com/i/dZUC2.jpg
Picture by Peter Everett, my friend and supporter of the mod.
M&B logo placed in digitally, logo copyright Taleworlds

As the name suggests, Reborn will be a huge mod that totally enhance the game.

Core goals:
-A new character creation system in which the player chooses to focus on the past, the present, or the future. Each focus will change how your character develops.
-A complete overhaul of the entire game. Key aspects of both Military and Domestic affairs will be fundamentally changed.
-The player, the 'chosen one', has conquered the land with ease for far too long. Increase the overall difficulty of the game.
-Stay true to the game. What I mean is, keep and enhance the things that make the game great and protect them. It will be a big change, but the game will still be semi-familiar.

Currently planned(and implemented) features:
-Diplomacy, Formations, FormAI
-Freelancer (with a few of my own tweaks)
-Hundreds of new items
-New and completely reworked troops
-REALISM - improved sieges, killing townspeople, attempting to steal, etc.
-Shady Figure in Tavern. Gives quests like smuggling, kidnapping, extortion, assassination...
-Many Smaller additions such as weapon breaking

Ideas that may or may not be implemented:
-Larger, improved campaign map
-Killable NPCs (New, randomized replacements would be generated)
- Comment any ideas below

P.S. If anyone would be interested in creating the above mentioned larger map, or help the project in any way, I am always open. I would love assistance and YOU WILL be credited as an assistant developer in helping this project come to fruition.

Again, this is an open thread. Please reply with any suggestions you may have. I will poll popular ideas!

What you can do to assist in development (And be credited as an assistant developer! Open source or just for this mod, I don't care):

- Come up with some new companions. Create some dialogue, skills, background. You can submit working code or even a simple Word Doc
- Make an expanded map of Caladria. I know this is a project, but I would love for someone to do this. Should be a quality map, additions should be the same quality as the native stuff. Rhodoks stay in the South, Nords in the North, Swadians to the center east, Khergits to the West, Sarranids to the southwest, Vaegirs to the Northwest (Same as original map) but with more 'wiggle room'. Landmasses to the East for a new Chino-Japan faction, and a small Island to the southwest for a minor faction (possibly Aztec!). Other than that, take whatever artistic liberties you desire.
- Keep supporting the mod and submitting ideas.
- If you wish to join me and become part of a Dev Team, PM me with any skills you can bring to the table.

Development Map

Initial Release
-Diplomacy v4.2 and Formations + AI by motomataru      *Done!*
-New and Redone Items (2000+)                                    *Currently In Progress*
-New and redone Native troops
-Various small additions
-Built on Native

Later Releases
-New Asian faction
-Sub-factions
-Crafting and Trade
-More freedom, randomness, less 'scripted' events
-Built on Initial Release
-More to be added...

Invasions of factions inspired by real factions...such as creating a Japanese Shogunate inspired faction and then using them as a special spawn, similar with Vikings and the like, like they successfully did in POP..
Special troops that serve as bodyguards for important lords and kings on the battle..
And more troops in all Lord parties, no more 60-70 soldier parties, which get their asses kicked time and time again..
No offence meant to you or anyone, just my personal opinion :grin:

JJJaikishan said:
Invasions of factions inspired by real factions...such as creating a Japanese Shogunate inspired faction and then using them as a special spawn, similar with Vikings and the like, like they successfully did in POP..
Special troops that serve as bodyguards for important lords and kings on the battle..
And more troops in all Lord parties, no more 60-70 soldier parties, which get their asses kicked time and time again..

Good stuff. I already have ideas for random events, and invasions could be included in that. There will be minor factions including a Shogunate. There will be plenty of elite troops to choose from who could serve as bodyguards. I may make patrols have 60 to 80 men and Lords have 100-300. Kings may have 250-700 men.

Basttian said:
I Want NAVAL BATTLES where you can actually control the boat, and customize my kingdom troops  :oops:

Naval Battles are not a priority of mine, but customizable kingdom troops may be implemented.

EDIT: There is a lot of Naval stuff on the forum, I probably will add something in a later release.

Alfredthegreat said:
Cool, can you post some screenshots.

I will have some screens up soon, I am currently working on putting the new items ingame. 225 meshes so far just for axes and swords (no LODS) !

Edit: Hell of a lot more than that... My eyes were bigger than my stomach :razz:

BerserkerRezo said:
So why did Steel and Sword die?  :?:

Well several reasons.
1) Development issues: I used the module system for the new character creation but not for the items. Having two stages in development was both buggy and time consuming. I also realized that some new features would be too difficult to implement if I continued on the path that was Steel and Sword.
2) Disorganization: People had trouble figuring out what to download on Moddb. I also did nothing on this forum  :sad:

Don't worry about losing the good things from Steel and Sword. The old version will still be up, and this mod is just a huge improvement.

It seems you enjoyed Steel and Sword. Thanks for your support

Lionheart2 said:
JJJaikishan said:

Good stuff. I already have ideas for random events, and invasions could be included in that. There will be minor factions including a Shogunate. There will be plenty of elite troops to choose from who could serve as bodyguards. I may make patrols have 60 to 80 men and Lords have 100-300. Kings may have 250-700 men.

Amazing Awaiting your mod with a wryly Nordic anticipation :cool:

Lionheart2 said:
Basttian said:
I Want NAVAL BATTLES where you can actually control the boat, and customize my kingdom troops  :oops:

Naval Battles are not a priority of mine, but customizable kingdom troops may be implemented.

Ok, great to hear that :wink:

So sorry for all of the inactivity but I have been doing much more work on the mod. Unarmored Horses are nearly done and looking great. Much more variety and Medieval realism. The main types:

-Pack Animals: Donkeys are cheap but have a difficult of 11, making them unridable. Mules can be ridden but suck. Useful to increase party speed.
-Saddle Horses: Basic versatile horse
-Rouncey: Common horse used in combat by everyday soldiers
-Destrier: Muscular, heavy horse, slower but more sturdy. Built for a knight.
-Coursers: Nimble and quick, classic Mongolian horses.
-Camels: Slower but stronger than horses. Horses are scared of them. Great for anti-calvary operations

Others also exist, Arabian horses, etc. but I don't want to give everything away.
Sea travel OSPs look amazing and will probably be implemented in the future.
Screens will be up soon!

Hey, if you add freelancer plz remove cheat ability. Every time you leave your lord you can get one reputation and some faction reputation. It can be abused. I think you shold be more time with your lord to get reputation. And cant leave and join again with some lord next day.

I think enemy lords should be killable and maimeble. like, remove fingers, hands, eye or something. What give handicapped stats ands skills. If injury is too big lord or player can die. Also there shold be quest to plot take over power or make other power smaller. Like make lords angry with each other and so on.

zincra said:
Hey, if you add freelancer plz remove cheat ability. Every time you leave your lord you can get one reputation and some faction reputation. It can be abused. I think you shold be more time with your lord to get reputation. And cant leave and join again with some lord next day.

I think enemy lords should be killable and maimeble. like, remove fingers, hands, eye or something. What give handicapped stats ands skills. If injury is too big lord or player can die. Also there shold be quest to plot take over power or make other power smaller. Like make lords angry with each other and so on.

thanks for alerting me to the "cheat". I will at least remove the faction rep bonus. Killable Lords will be a difficult task but it is something that may be done in the future. "Maiming" lords, lowering their stats, is a great idea I hadn't thought of. I like it

Back
Top Bottom