• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

[WB][S] Game of Thrones

Currently viewing this thread:

joell267

Recruit
All of us fully understand that you have a real life and that must come first, we also get that modding is hard and that by doing it you are doing us a massive service and a favour. But the fact still remains that it was promised by the end of September, obviously nothing can be done about it now and it wouldn't help  to rush it but all these comments are just because people are disappointed. Try not to make promises you can't keep. All the best to you good luck with the mod and irl 

P.S
how will the targ faction work? invasion later in game?
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Higgings said:

Yup. Gotta love posts that start off dripping with obsequious sniveling and then segue straight into entitlement.

Joell267, when "promises" from professional game devs are so frequently unfulfilled I'd suggest not getting too invested in timetables set out by part-time modders.
 

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
joell267 said:
Try not to make promises you can't keep
Christ what is this preschool, he owes you nothing, you have paid for absolutely nothing and will be receiving something completely for free. Most likely the only reason he gave a release date is to stop all the pestering questions asking for one - it is usually a complete estimate anyway and I would say in the vast majority of cases it is never met. This is why modders dont give release dates.
 

FeralCrazed

Sergeant
Man, I already know this mod will be awesome, can't wait for the release.

Besides the new factions, items, and scenes. What other features will be on here? I can't seem to find a feature list or some kind of overview anywhere.
 

joell267

Recruit
La Grandmaster said:
joell267 said:
Try not to make promises you can't keep
Christ what is this preschool, he owes you nothing, you have paid for absolutely nothing and will be receiving something completely for free. Most likely the only reason he gave a release date is to stop all the pestering questions asking for one - it is usually a complete estimate anyway and I would say in the vast majority of cases it is never met. This is why modders dont give release dates.

Him owing me something( which I know he does't "by doing it you are doing us a massive service and a favour.") has nothing to do with it he gave his word and failed to live up to it, are you saying I can't be disappointed? Just because you want his **** doesn't mean you need to fight his battles, and in this case there was no battle you just made a fight out of thin air so you could appear to be a hero!
"This is why modders don't give release dates." but he did and then he didn't deliver!
"it is usually a complete estimate anyway" then why didn't he say I think or It might be out in September, he said it as fact!
Finally I was in no way dripping with obsequious snivelling but I needed to make sure that he knew I understood his situation.
 

Parrot

Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
Making a claim about the features of a finished product is different to creating a list of potential features that may or may not be in a product that is under development.
 

joell267

Recruit
La Grandmaster
I just noticed that you yourself are a modder working on the reckoning mod, so as I have no interest in your mod (not due to quality it looks fantastic but I am just not a fan of the zombies) can I ask why you and indeed all modders actually do modding if you just seem to begrudge anyone who enjoys or has expectations for your content? would you rather nobody plays it, or that people do play it and tell you it's good even if they don't think so? Cozur (a clash of kings) and yourself are prime examples of this. If you make a product don't you want peoples honest opinion, so that the product can be bettered?

and just think I am not entitled to any mod that anyone makes, but I am entitled to anything expect things when they are promised.
 

Lofar

Regular
WB
@joell267

You're bringing unnecessary negativity into this thread of a project 3 years in the making. GoldEagle took control and is ushering this mod through its final stages. If he has some real life responsibilities he needs to attend, have some respect and let him do so - HE is entitled to it.

joell267 said:
Just because you want his **** doesn't mean you need to fight his battles, and in this case there was no battle you just made a fight out of thin air so you could appear to be a hero!

You realise La Grandmaster is a former team leader for this mod? Again, have some respect for the actual contributors please.

joell267 said:
but I am entitled to anything expect things when they are promised.

Firstly, *IF* someone personally gives you their promise, I hope that you aren't naive enough to expect them to always 100% deliver. If so, I'm afraid that life may have some disappointments for you in store.

Secondly, I can't find anywhere that GoldEagle actually promises anything. There's this :

GoldEagleMNE said:
Thats right. Very soon the beta will be avalible.

But that is in no way definitive.

Try a little patience with the rest of us. It'll make the delivery all the sweeter I promise.
 

Bloodraven

Sergeant at Arms
joell267 said:
Just because you want his **** doesn't mean you need to fight his battles

Just because you can't help but thinking of dicks doesn't mean you have to act like one.
 

FeralCrazed

Sergeant
Parrot said:
Making a claim about the features of a finished product is different to creating a list of potential features that may or may not be in a product that is under development.

Majority modders tend to have to have a feature list of what they at least already included in the mod without the sense of false promise and usually a progress or wishlist of other features they want in the mod. Seeing the commonality use of this, I highly doubt that is so.

Regardless, glad to see this last switch mod team is taking this mod to fruition. You can tell by the scene and armor models lots of hard work was put into it by many teams as this progressed. Good luck finishing the rest of what is left.
 

joell267

Recruit
"we are recruiting and it will be released this month" posted in September by goldeagle
the point of a promise/ giving your word is that you don't break it, no I don't expect it to always happen but as I have said does't stop me from being disappointed (so when you say unnecessary negativity I disagree and feel that it is completely warranted)  especially when I have been waiting for it for 2 years.

oh and btw I didn't want to cause a fight I had a message for goldeagle and other people took offence where really none was intended, do you guys only read the parts of the comment that have criticism in it. I made it clear that I understood he has a real life "you have a real life and that must come first,"  "good luck with the mod and irl" did nobody read those parts?
 
It is because that most people that were hanging around this forum for longer period, myself included, got allergic to post along the "you haven't kept the promise" lines. Not so long ago Pioneer's Guild had to withstand wave after wave of fresh and old users badmouthing and acting generally like assholes in L'Aigle thread because of such "broken promise". Hell, La Grandmaster had to go through it with his own mod not so long ago, just because he opened up a bit toward community and shared his expectations about modding progress - not even in his own thread.

So people are just jumpy about it, same goes with release date questions.
And, frankly, I'm more afraid of mods that keep promised release date. Too many of them knelt under weight of bugs.
 

Parrot

Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
FeralCrazed said:
Parrot said:
Making a claim about the features of a finished product is different to creating a list of potential features that may or may not be in a product that is under development.

Majority modders tend to have to have a feature list of what they at least already included in the mod without the sense of false promise and usually a progress or wishlist of other features they want in the mod. Seeing the commonality use of this, I highly doubt that is so.

Regardless, glad to see this last switch mod team is taking this mod to fruition. You can tell by the scene and armor models lots of hard work was put into it by many teams as this progressed. Good luck finishing the rest of what is left.

I think you missed who my reply was aimed at :razz: I was saying that it's perfectly alright to list what you plan to do, but claiming your finished mod does one thing when it does another is false advertising.
 

FeralCrazed

Sergeant
Parrot said:
FeralCrazed said:
Parrot said:
Making a claim about the features of a finished product is different to creating a list of potential features that may or may not be in a product that is under development.

Majority modders tend to have to have a feature list of what they at least already included in the mod without the sense of false promise and usually a progress or wishlist of other features they want in the mod. Seeing the commonality use of this, I highly doubt that is so.

Regardless, glad to see this last switch mod team is taking this mod to fruition. You can tell by the scene and armor models lots of hard work was put into it by many teams as this progressed. Good luck finishing the rest of what is left.

I think you missed who my reply was aimed at :razz: I was saying that it's perfectly alright to list what you plan to do, but claiming your finished mod does one thing when it does another is false advertising.

Oh god, I'm sorry. The wording was just slightly confusing.  :oops:
 
I don't see a big issue with Joell's statement. It definitely could have been worded better but the post's overrall friendly tone told me that he wasn't being one of the self entitled brats we see often on this board. We modders often choose to say nothing about release dates or give a very broad one which is very clearly stated to be subject to change because we know failing to meet a release date will disappoint people. As someone who has made the mistake of giving a specific release date for a mod, I don't see anything wrong with a fan suggesting to not make promises that can't be kept. That's not being self entitled, that's giving advice which, if followed, can only improve the relationship between a modder and his followers.
 

joell267

Recruit
Thank you rigadoon, well moving on from that I was looking at an old forum where a new tournament system was said to be in this mod. Is that still happening may I ask? it sounded good but this was back in 2011 so I don't know if you scraped the idea.
 
Top Bottom