[WB][S] Fires of War, A Greco-Persian War mod, old thread, kept for history

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grin:

Exhibitions_to_mark_2%2C500_years_from_the_Battle_of_Marathon.jpg

Hi guys! The font is indeed very good and I think that it can be used. Thank you, mate. And matmo, as always, amazing pic. I could draw entire toop trees out of it. Thanks! :grin:

In comparison, the newer wallpaper is better(not saying that the previous was not good, though). Also, I like the image with the tiles(not sure how ψηφιδωτόν is called in english, sorry). I may use it as artwork, along with the first image, if it's okay with you. Thanks!

Ok, thanks and as you can see, I have put them already in the first page, in the artwork section. I will most likely use the one you remade for an in-game screen, as well.

And of course, mosaic. I knew but I completely forgot this word. Anyway, it's very good and fits my idea of the mod. Elements of ancient and the past combined with modern thinking and novel ideas. Very good work there!

matmohair1 said:
:grin: how about these?
4ym8.png
I made this one my desktop background

Anyway, what time period did they wear this armor?
016.jpg
Obviously he is wearing a bell cuirass which leads me to believe it would of been worn in the early Archaic period (I think thats when they used bell cuirass' could be wrong though). But I've never seen the armor that is on his feet, thighs and shoulders before which is why I'm confused.

Other then that, thanks for the pictures

It's quite possibly completely fictional. That author is kind of terrible and has a habit of exaggerating, making things up or misusing source material.

:wink: Armies of the Greek and Persian Wars 500-350BC (Wargames Research Group)

:arrow: http://www.scribd.com/doc/29390837/Armies-of-the-Greek-and-Persian-Wars-500-350BC

more Font suggestions & ideas :arrow: http://www.1001freefonts.com/greek-roman-fonts.php

LionStrong said:
Anyway, what time period did they wear this armor?
016.jpg
Obviously he is wearing a bell cuirass which leads me to believe it would of been worn in the early Archaic period (I think thats when they used bell cuirass' could be wrong though). But I've never seen the armor that is on his feet, thighs and shoulders before which is why I'm confused.

Other then that, thanks for the pictures
ZVE208010.jpg

007.JPG

8zmgz.jpg

768px-Bronze_Foot_Guards%2C_The_British_Museum%2C_London.jpg

3uj39.jpg

01-2.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%207%20%3F.%3F%3F%20%3F.%3F.%20%3F.%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F..jpg

Ch1_zpsf1ec6c52.png

etruscan6.jpg

01-1.%20%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%207%20%3F.%3F%3F%20%3F.%3F..jpg

001.JPG

bger.jpg

mh8r.jpg

Oh thank you SO much for making this! The state of single player Warband action in ancient Greek has so far been beyond miserable, thanks to death of the promising Peloponnesian war. Good luck and cheers!

@dinnerblaster: Thanks for your support, I appreciate it!

@matmohair1. Wonderful post. Some very appropriate fonts, now I will have trouble deciding what to use. :grin:
And I really was prepared to read an article, in the link, but I found out a whole book! I will see what bits I an use and everything else that catches my eye, thank you so much!

Quite possibly there were chariot archers(although I guess their use would be very limited) and the model of the chariot is sth that can be done(it's a model, afterall), but I cannot think of a way to properly animate it or how it can be "equipped" to the player. Recently, I took a look in some OSP Elephant models(which would be similar to chariots, because they use the "horse" inventory slot), but they had problems, because the script though of elephants as horses and I'm afraid that the same will happen with chariots. But it's a good suggestion and if I find chariots were used, I will see what I can do and ask for help to make them happen.

Antonis said:
Quite possibly there were chariot archers(although I guess their use would be very limited) and the model of the chariot is sth that can be done(it's a model, afterall), but I cannot think of a way to properly animate it or how it can be "equipped" to the player. Recently, I took a look in some OSP Elephant models(which would be similar to chariots, because they use the "horse" inventory slot), but they had problems, because the script though of elephants as horses and I'm afraid that the same will happen with chariots. But it's a good suggestion and if I find chariots were used, I will see what I can do and ask for help to make them happen.

If you have questions about chariots i suggest you check out http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163533.0.html

I believe they made the chariots work, and i'm sure if you are polite enough they would help you out :smile:

So that fully armoured guy, would he be the one that goes on the far right of the phalanx, since he is the only one whose right side isn't covered by another guys shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom