[WB][S] Fires of War, A Greco-Persian War mod, old thread, kept for history

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, man, I understand. But I made this UI. I played between many different varieties(inculding blue/black, yellow/black and orange/black) before ending up with the red/black scheme.

If that makes you happy, are you okay with using it because the look alike? If not -although I don't have to- I will use another one for a next patch. I used only OSPs and out team's work(Lionstrong, ComradeCrimson etc) in this mod, with only three exceptions: A part of rgcotl's texture, which I mentioned, Guspav's scroll models and the sling animations. Trust me, if I intended to use your work, I would of course contacted you to get permission!

But as I said, if you're not happy, we can always use another button and such interface. :smile:

well technically
raw uses UI as separated addon (with could be aplyed to any mod by the users)
so the best solution if you want legally use it you just need to paste dl link of it.

What about the situation Antonis asked me some things i did and i gived him permission for thems
but he newer asked about UI Joub did and i have no arguments here.

I understand sometimes it is hard to get the idea what is legal and what is not.
for example some things is so simple that you just need to get idea how somene did something and you just by haveing the idea could type exactly the same code. With automatically looks like stealing.

Thank you rgcotl for understanding the situation. I ask for permission, to use something, whatever this is. If it looks like stealing, I truly apologize, but it's not.

To give an example: I am developing a mod about all Europe in 270BC. That means factions like Rome, Carthage, Brittania and others.
Recently, I contacted Dion of the Romae Bellum mod to tell him that, because both our mods use the Mundus Magnus OSP map and have amny factions the same(like Roman Republic, Carthage, Gaul, Germania and others). I made othe factions like the Ptolemaci Egypt, the Seleucid and Iberia, but for those same factions, the map will look identical. Could I place Rome or Athens elsewhere? But at least for those factions, in that part of the map, the 2 mods' map would look the same. Dion of course understood that. But you see the point here?  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom