[WB][S]Europe in Flames : Old main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oy, lads? Shouldn't  PIKES be used by INFANTRY PIKEMEN? Not for the Cavalrymen. There are LANCES for the CAVALRY.  :facepalm:

But if some Musketeer units are absent of bullets, that is disturbing.

@ Chaplain - I was referring to some posts by Jatynski on like pages 4-5 of this thread (end of December), where he mentions what Patch 1.1 would "fix," and later said not to use it (and pulled the download links).

@ Mike56 - Well, Thanks!  That was helpful information.  I'm still new to this game, and have a lot to learn already just concerning playing it.  Too soon to consider any serious modding, and the instructions on the Modding Forum are overwhelming.
I'm not ready to get into Python and compiling and all the stuff.
I figured this would be some simple "go to line 200 in text file AAA and change the "1" in field yyy to "0" or something.
But I don't want to have to learn how to build an automobile, just to change a flat tire.

That said, "Morgh's Editor" is just the ticket.  Hopefully, this will help others as well as me.  Thanks again.
[Surprisingly, there are apparently SEVERAL "Pikes" that need to have the "No Horseback" box checked ...]

DARoot

@Hemiola

1.1 version was a fail, you are right. I fixed the knew bugs but others appeared, and i had to delete the download.

I prefer to work in the new version, and maybe in the future, the "short version" will have a new patch.

The matter with pikes, as Mike said it's easy to fix with Morghs.

Thx for your support.

New Features for EIF EnEx

New Military system:

The new military system regulates many functions that affect to the player and troops.

Recruitment:
If you don't join a faction, you only will able to recruit farmers from villages and mercenaries.

You can join a faction as mercenary (same than EIF 1.0): for renewable 30 days periods, or as a Lord. You'll able to recruit militia from villages (of your faction) and mercenaries.

note: Only mercenary cavalry is avalaible. No artillery.

Ranks:
There are eight military ranks, based on renown and leadership: soldier, sergeant, captain, major, colonel, lt.general, general and field-marshall.
Each rank regulates the size of the player's party, and are independent of belonging a faction or not.

If you are a Lord of a faction, having a fief and if your rank is captain or higher, you can form a regiment.

Regiments:
Regiments let you to have access to new features: the artillery, faction cavalry, and recruit profesional volunteer soldiers from villages (the normal troop tree). The sergeant major at your HQ will give you new options: form and name your regiment, give you staff troops and train your new recruits, etc.

Staff: now you can recruit standard bearers; they will encourage your troops in battle and gives regiment troops a litle morale extra daily bonus. Military chaplains will add a bigger morale bonus, but they are weak and can die easily.

note: faction cavalry and artillery avalaible.

Combat Improvement Buildings:
Both the player and AI now have avalaible the Combat Improvement Buildings, as Military Academy, Shoot range, stables, etc, wich improve the combat abilities of troops.

Military Medals and Awards:
Some achievements will give you medals and awards, increasing your renown and honor.

Other features:
Now villages have a Manor hall's scene, and you can place your court/HQ there. Also, villages has manageable garrisons.
Foraging skill implemented.

Ingame examples :smile:

New presentations (not finished yet)
2i09avq.jpg

f381ax.jpg

Campaign Map
15rlcw6.jpg

Village Menu
b4yy5u.jpg

Confessions System

A simple religion mini-mod is also implemented.

At the creation character menu, you must join a confession: (Your choice will affect your relations with the factions).

Catholic
Protestant
Orthodox
Muslim

A cleric character will be placed at the Capitals, and you can interactuate with him, giving you the options of grow or decrease your relation with that faction/confession.

If you create your own kingdom, you will must select a confession for it aswell.

Thanks you very much Redleg  :grin:

The MS is finally ended; now i'm working with the visual part. Hope the release will be ready soon.

Tally-ho, Jatynski!

1. Well, if you ask, you could add more revolts and uprisings of the Unwashed Masses, both in towns and villages, XVII century was rich on that )

2. Some kinda of improvements for management in PC's fiefs, like manipulation with taxation and inner policy in your towns and villages;

3. More Wheel-lock pistols, carbines and muskets with several barrels;

4. Some effects on battlefield,  like burning objects and smoking holes in the soil;

5. French Royal Musketeers (OVER9000 SWAG LEVEL) VS. Richelieu's Guardsmen; (I.e. these troops for France)

6. Add Ponies! Wait, what? Nah, fugget' 'bout this point;

7. New PC's icon on the Campaign map, with hat (+plume) and fullplate;

8. Oh, add new Companions, like:
    Vlad Tepeş (a.k.a Dracula, which is hiding incognito of course, and he needs blood. Which is why he has temporary became a soldier. Blood on the battlefield is flowing like a river, so there's no need to spend hours seeking open windows for night)
  Cossack Mamai (Ukrainian folklore hero, big time operator and sharpshooter, big cheese from Sich);
  Fedot the Strelets (muscovite deserter soldier, hero of Russian fairytale);
  Diego Alatriste (a.k.a Captain), (c) is 4 Arturo Pérez-Reverte)

9. Random events (like fire in your fief, thief in camp, epidemic in your army,)

10. Cardinal Richelieu as French vassal (or even Claimant), I'm interested in that guy almost as in Cromwell.

Oh, Jatynski,  btw, about the new Campaign map, does it possess territories of Mediterranean Sea, Italy, Greece and Northern Africa?
(That's simply question,  not the proposal for adding them)

Oh, right, now I remember,  what else I wanted to ask:

11. Perk system?
12. Could you add some landmarks to the campaign map? Like windmill,  fences, fields, roads beneath major towns, lighthouses on the shores and ships on the high seas? Like all that stuff was in Europa Universalils III-IV. Nothing of real value,  just for beauty.  :mrgreen:

Chaplain said:
Tally-ho, Jatynski!

1. Well, if you ask, you could add more revolts and uprisings of the Unwashed Masses, both in towns and villages, XVII century was rich on that )

2. Some kinda of improvements for management in PC's fiefs, like manipulation with taxation and inner policy in your towns and villages;

3. More Wheel-lock pistols, carbines and muskets with several barrels;

4. Some effects on battlefield,  like burning objects and smoking holes in the soil;

5. French Royal Musketeers (OVER9000 SWAG LEVEL) VS. Richelieu's Guardsmen; (I.e. these troops for France)

6. Add Ponies! Wait, what? Nah, fugget' 'bout this point;

7. New PC's icon on the Campaign map, with hat (+plume) and fullplate;

8. Oh, add new Companions, like:
    Vlad Tepeş (a.k.a Dracula, which is hiding incognito of course, and he needs blood. Which is why he has temporary became a soldier. Blood on the battlefield is flowing like a river, so there's no need to spend hours seeking open windows for night)
  Cossack Mamai (Ukrainian folklore hero, big time operator and sharpshooter, big cheese from Sich);
  Fedot the Strelets (muscovite deserter soldier, hero of Russian fairytale);
  Diego Alatriste (a.k.a Captain), (c) is 4 Arturo Pérez-Reverte)

9. Random events (like fire in your fief, thief in camp, epidemic in your army,)

10. Cardinal Richelieu as French vassal (or even Claimant), I'm interested in that guy almost as in Cromwell.

Oh, Jatynski,  btw, about the new Campaign map, does it possess territories of Mediterranean Sea, Italy, Greece and Northern Africa?
(That's simply question,  not the proposal for adding them)

hi there

About your ideas:

2/ Fief improvements implemented. The managing is provided by the Diplomacy features.
3/The full WFAS arsenal is now avalaible. Matchlock, Wheellock and Miquelets muskets and pistols, and a lot of coldarms.
4/Good idea, i will do it.
8/Alatriste is implemented already.
9/Good idea, i will think how implement something like that.
10/Richelieu already implemented as french lord.
11/What do you mean about "perk" system?
12/I already add some kind of that, but it's a good idea anyway.

Map includes (south area) northern Italy, Balkans and east of Spain.

EduBr said:
Jatuynski,you could add  Pope Paul V and a tithe system to the mod?

Hi
I was doubting about to include Pope Paul, couse i dont want to add any new faction. Maybe as a visitor court character, i don't know.

About a new vassal title system, i was considering it. But the MS have a lot of scripting and have a lot of stuttering, and i want to simplify it to the maximum.

Jatynski,  once I've heard that M&B Caribbean has the heavy Perk system with various effects, when you are buying perks each level,  the higher perk - higher price of perk points, etc.

But right now I've thought that now perk system is not that good idea, Snowbird folk make it terrible buggy, plus you said that you want to simplify it. So, yea, let's remove the Perk thing from wish list  :facepalm:

Wow this mod looks awesome.

I will wait for the enhanced version to try it, I just had a question, can we still make our own faction later in the game and be the leader like in vanilla M&B Warbands?

Thank you for your work and I can't wait to experience the Enhanced version :grin: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom