[WB][S]Europe in Flames : Old main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pretty severe problem. I joined the Holy roman empire (first time I played the newer version), then tried to recruit the propper militiamen, but I still only got the normal farmers which you can upgrade to mercs. I then went on to form a regiment, which worked, but after that I still couldnt recruit anything but special cav, musicians, etc. the default regiment stuff.
Any fix/help for that? Am I just getting something wrong?

MrMundy said:
I got a pretty severe problem. I joined the Holy roman empire (first time I played the newer version), then tried to recruit the propper militiamen, but I still only got the normal farmers which you can upgrade to mercs. I then went on to form a regiment, which worked, but after that I still couldnt recruit anything but special cav, musicians, etc. the default regiment stuff.
Any fix/help for that? Am I just getting something wrong?

Hi there
Here you have an explanation  for your problem :smile:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,343096.msg8406326.html#msg8406326

Ah alright! Thanks a lot, I got it now. I was just realy confused because the post on ModDB didnt mention you actully need to build a manor.

Also, why do pikemen dont have...well..pikes?
And musketeers (atleast 60% of them) not have firearms?
I already saw that in 1.0 and It stopped me from playing the mod.

MrMundy said:
Ah alright! Thanks a lot, I got it now. I was just realy confused because the post on ModDB didnt mention you actully need to build a manor.

Also, why do pikemen dont have...well..pikes?
And musketeers (atleast 60% of them) not have firearms?
I already saw that in 1.0 and It stopped me from playing the mod.

Pikemen have pikes. But often they use mainly the sword, that's right. It's about the engine. Only solution is to get out them the swords.

But .. musketeers? They work properly. I never seen any problem with firearms.

The_Hussar said:
If the advanced orders worked properly you could have ordered the pikemen to use polearms only so they will be forced to fight only with the pike...

The Advanced Orders worked fine in my previuos tests. I will investigate why the hell they don't right now.

In other order of things:
I'm making  a hotfix patch for the next days with the most of the bugs you are reporting.
A few are more complex to fix and shall wait untill the 2.0 version; same with the sugestions about the map, etc,

For me, a lot of musketeers simply dont have firearms, atleast with the holy roman empire. (didnt get around testing the ofters)
Nevermind which order I give them, half of them will not get out their firearms, hell, I dont even know if they have any at all.

SwVmc.jpg
Also, I cant get the Pikemen to get their pikes out, even if I tell them to do so with the menu, which is a bit of a cluster**** right now.

This is most likely because the troop was incorrectly added. A unit won't be guaranteed to have a ranged weapon unless it is specifically marked as a ranged unit, I believe.

MrMundy said:
For me, a lot of musketeers simply dont have firearms, atleast with the holy roman empire. (didnt get around testing the ofters)
Nevermind which order I give them, half of them will not get out their firearms, hell, I dont even know if they have any at all.

SwVmc.jpg
Also, I cant get the Pikemen to get their pikes out, even if I tell them to do so with the menu, which is a bit of a cluster**** right now.

You were completly right: i forgot to mark with tf_guarantee_ranged and tf_guarantee_polearm the Imperial and Union troops.

Both are marked now with that flags, hope it works at the new patch.

Hey friend! Great mod!
I was just wondering if the recruitment system is fully or even partly implemented.
I noticed that regardless of whether im a mercenary for a specific faction or not, i cant recruit militia, yet only farmers.
Also, when i joined an army, specifically of the faction of Britain, i when we attacked some random looters, the battle was looped after we won placing us against 0 looters until i would click desert or revolt.
This seems to have completely impaired my ability to recruit a normal army.
An answer any time soon would be great, thanks in advance buddy

saurus99 said:
Hey friend! Great mod!
I was just wondering if the recruitment system is fully or even partly implemented.
I noticed that regardless of whether im a mercenary for a specific faction or not, i cant recruit militia, yet only farmers.
Also, when i joined an army, specifically of the faction of Britain, i when we attacked some random looters, the battle was looped after we won placing us against 0 looters until i would click desert or revolt.
This seems to have completely impaired my ability to recruit a normal army.
An answer any time soon would be great, thanks in advance buddy

Hi there:

ABout the recruitment system, yes, it's fully implemented; you have to read the post where it's described how it works.

About the other issue: yes, i know it, and it's a bug from Freelancer. Only occurs when you are in the army of a NPC lord.

I'm looking for a solution to this bug right now but at this moment i'm unable to find any, but get out Freelancer of the Mod  :oops:

Hello there, my friends

In 1 hour will be avalaible for download at MODDB the Beta 1.1 version of EIF2.

What's fixed over B1.0?

-Broken scenes of Merchant Quest repaired
-Broken scenes of Scandinavian Villages repaired
-Athletics requirement for mount horses (no more)
-Bug with the Sign as Mercenary, which allowed to sign several times in a row, earning easy money  :fruity:
-NPc "Gambler" on towns, repaired
-Horse Archery skill changed to Horse Shooting
-Polish Lords' military prefixes deleted to avoid confussions with the own EIF Military Ranks
-Fixed the problems with sounds of deaths, etc.
-Fixed the problems with music
-Map borders enlarged for allow to better zooming  at the ends of map

Also:

-Farmers now level up to Levies, with a "low tier" level up, for easier starts.
-Battle-Minimap added to all battle mission templates.

Due i'm unable to find the problems with Freelancer (can't leave the battlefield, etc), the dissapearing of the battle messages (damage, kills, the "battle won", etc), and the other red spam, i decided to left this version as Beta 1.1, for the people who want to have Freelancer, Diplomacy and POBD. Hope i can solve the issues with this version in the future.

I have to think about to port EIF2 to a fresh MS with ONLY the main features, as the Military System, Medals, Artillery, etc, and maybe some news i have in mind, and possibly expand the map to Italy, Greece, North-Africa...

Or jump to XVIII Century ...  :roll:

So, the EIF Series will stay as follow:

EIF 1: 30 Years War (only) v1.0
EIF 2: XVII Century Wars - EnEx Beta 1.1 (with Freelancer+Diplomacy+PBOD)
EIF 3:  TBD

saurus99 said:
Sorry about neglecting the post, it was somewhere in the middle of the thread and i didnt notice it.
One other thing i noticed, but am not sure if it is on purpose or not, is that after i enlist as a mercenary for a faction, i cant do tasks and such for lords, making it somewhat difficult to improve my relation with them. Am i missing something? or is this a sort of bug?
Thanks in advance, great job on the mod, im enjoying it quite a lot. Keep up the good work!

Thx for your compliments  :grin:

Yes, when you sign as Mercenary, your controversy don't allow you to make missions for the Lords of the faction (first days), simulating than as mercenary, they can't trust in a stranger who can change of band next month  :fruity:

Can you make two types of mercenary contracts? Like, one is standard, month-long and one lasts half a year or something, but you receive basic equipment at start, so it would replace Freelancer? Freelancer is weird itself, I still can't understand why would anyone like to be led around the map by AI's silliness and half of the time I see it in mod people give each other advice how to cheat relation and equipment with it :razz:

But seriously, if you sign a mercenary contract and keep your party compact (or restrain yourself to NPCs for some extra flavour), you can roleplay simple soldier no problem. 'Accompany' function for lord's parties is there and you're not tied to single moron that can never leave his town in extreme case. Warsword also had to drop Freelancer due to amount of bugs it caused, L'Aigle never incorporated it and people moaned about it lacking, even if there was a system that replaced it. The only problem is that you don't receive gear and have to buy one yourself, that's why some stuff could be dropped on your head just in case.

Do not look here said:
Can you make two types of mercenary contracts? Like, one is standard, month-long and one lasts half a year or something, but you receive basic equipment at start, so it would replace Freelancer? Freelancer is weird itself, I still can't understand why would anyone like to be led around the map by AI's silliness and half of the time I see it in mod people give each other advice how to cheat relation and equipment with it :razz:

But seriously, if you sign a mercenary contract and keep your party compact (or restrain yourself to NPCs for some extra flavour), you can roleplay simple soldier no problem. 'Accompany' function for lord's parties is there and you're not tied to single moron that can never leave his town in extreme case. Warsword also had to drop Freelancer due to amount of bugs it caused, L'Aigle never incorporated it and people moaned about it lacking, even if there was a system that replaced it. The only problem is that you don't receive gear and have to buy one yourself, that's why some stuff could be dropped on your head just in case.

Not bad idea, i shall think about it  :wink:

Do not look here said:

Freelancer lets you feel the truth of that era, when you're not the lord, and, for example, could never be them.
Any new mod without freelancer on, an hour of the game, sent straight to the trash...

Dear, Jatynski
Or you can make a start with a selection of games players rank as mods Hispania 1200 (amazing mod - with unofficial patch) and SoF.

Need music for Flanders, Germany, Poland and Russia?

itruvor said:
Freelancer lets you feel the truth of that era, when you're not the lord, and, for example, could never be them.
Any new mod without freelancer on, an hour of the game, sent straight to the trash...
Really? Cause to me it looks more like it gives you a shot of cash that you don't have to waste on recruiting some scrubs, leveling and feeding them and very good gear fairly easily as long as you're willing to dance around the map in fast forward. I simply don't understand why some mods decide to focus first on integrating freelancer (which always seem to be rocky road with mods that do lots of changes to Native, especially regarding recruiting soldiers), while the feature of mercenary contract remains the same - no benefits except you get to participate in war and receive laughable cash for it. Seriously, only thing that freelancer does is giving you items and lots more cash for a mercenary contract - and then forcing you to stick around single lord. I'm yet to see a player who doesn't reap benefits of 'freelancing' for an easy start into lordship, but if you're such person then nice to meet you and sorry for generalizing.

Many playeres enjoy Freelancer, there is a reason mods often get ranked down (by the community) for not having it.
I would love a proper implemention of freelancer in this mod, plus a working Formation AI (which might, or probably is, seeing some of the features already in the mod being a lot more complicated), to then enlist into an army as a pikeman to fight in a big sized battle.
In mods in which I can be a ordinary footman, I love to enlist into armys.

BTW; there is a reason this propably wouldnt work: Muskets seem a bit...too strong right now.
PS: Why did you switch the formations, etc. (aka. the fire and sword command menu)? The one now works even worse, rendering you unable to see anything from the menus.

I find mods getting ranked downed simply because not having in particular one simple game mechanic absolutely hilarious and funny. On the contrary, overusage of the same material brought over nothing in regards to the creativity and original projects, one would rather have more unique features than integrating what is being done before over a hundred times and definitely not by his hands. Quality is not so easily provided with shortcuts from every corner.

Besides, Freelancer is an uncompleted project. Yes, the pack allows you to do roleplay from such a clever aspect of gameplay, yet it does nothing in regards to complete the experience and bind it to the game we already know. No idea how one can fool himself thinking he experiences something unique while it is only appeal to the eye and nothing more than an illusion. (No offence to any sides, just making my point.)

I much prefer Silverstag's implementation of Freelancer myself, but think be best off with just adding an option that lets you instantly become a mercenary. I believe 1257AD has it and makes a more interesting option compared to Freelancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom