SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

What Future Features Do You Want Most With CIA?

• The Introduction Of Freelancer

Votes: 66 22.4%
  • TWOTSK Style Artillery

Votes: 61 20.7%
  • Varied, Obsolete And Foreign Mercenaries

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • New Era Friendly Fortresses and Naval Battle Scenes

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • Era Friendly Tournies,Hunting And Gambling Features And Other Ways To Make Money

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Older Gun Powder Era Weapons And Clothing For Sale

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • More Unique NPC and Bandit Factions To Fight And Recruit From

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • A Modified or Updated UI, Menu Art and Updated Lore Friendy Notes and new Officer Banners

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Modernised Main Settlement Scenes

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • The Additions of Mid 19th Century Early Victorian Content

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • NPC Musicians That Provide Bonuses With The Standards

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Liliburlero is already the Alvion Combat theme (Along with Garb of ol' Gaul), and Black Bear is the travel theme, I think they already have enough music, haha. Thanks for the suggestion though.

What we really need is a proper graphics artist, to help us with some napoleonic regimental flag style banners and a few elements with the UI.

Since I posted my above strategy guide, I have discovered (been informed) that there is a guide packaged in the download.  If you look in this mod's folder, you should find a PDF called Nova Tacticum.  It has a more in-depth discussion of formations.  If it's not too much trouble, could the mod team mention that in the opening post?  Otherwise many people don't know to look for it.

omeganaut said:
Since I posted my above strategy guide, I have discovered (been informed) that there is a guide packaged in the download.  If you look in this mod's folder, you should find a PDF called Nova Tacticum.  It has a more in-depth discussion of formations.  If it's not too much trouble, could the mod team mention that in the opening post?  Otherwise many people don't know to look for it.

Oh thank you for reminding me, I put it up recently on ModDB but never added it in the OP of the thread.

In case you need an idea for a new faction.

Meji Empire

A Japanese inspired faction, has a long standing relation with the Kessick Khergit Hetmanate as loyal enemies. Most of their troops are from the Boshin War era, so.. Not those sengoku samurai dudes.. But modernized troops you know  :lol:. Their location may perhaps on a new island or as a neighbor to the Hetmanate.
+ Well trained Infantry
+ Have powerful samurai officers
- High upkeep
- Their lords are prone to defecting (their emperor is disliked by most of their vassals  :lol:)

Oh and btw, this is a very very nice mod.. It's becoming one of my favorite :mrgreen:

We have a Japanese Empire style and a Chinese Empire style faction in concept already worked out, along with Native American, South American, Balkan, US Colonial and a few city state Euro style ones planned.

Plus we have two factions we didn't release in the last update as Frenzied needs to find his creative mojo in tooling them out.

The problem is thus, the team is more or less a one man band (I write fanfiction and beta test, barely code any of the stuff) and the time being we really need to do more than just keep adding faction after faction.

If we had a bigger team at our disposal with several coders, we could pretty much make this mod an awesome thing. But until people volunteer for now we're pretty much working on improving what we have to a certain degree. 

:wink: ideas for sarranids...

:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/janissary-period-cavalry/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/napoleonic-ottoman-janissary-corps-uniforms/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/early-ottoman-army-uniforms-1800-till-1826/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/ottoman-army-artillery-till-1832/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/ottoman-bekci-watchmen-1800-till-1840/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/barbary-wars-ottoman-lybia-us-marines-allies/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/ottoman-army-water-carriers-1800-till-1918/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/transition-from-janissary-to-ottoman-new-model-army-1807-1826/
:arrow: http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/persian-iran-qajar-dynasty-army-navy/

found a few bugs at Portmoth...

qWWNmYv.jpg

SEpPke.jpg

8CeDSdU.jpg

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
That is why theres a need for unfied lore for all the mod having calradia.
I see.. Bannerlord, Warband, Nova Aetas, and Calradia Imperial Age lol

SeanBeansShako said:
Oh my god, it makes me want to help you guys.. Sadly I don't have any skills in modelling, texturing, or even coding :oops:

@ Matiss_Veinbergs, that'd be fairly impossible, each of our mods have taken different routes in the lore, take, for example, the Vaegirs being made Prussians mixed in with Russians, and the Khergits being Cossacks with Polish and Tatar influences, whilst almost all mods that take place in the future Calradia keep them relatively similar to the cultures that inspired them (Even though they're usually unified and split up again inbetween the 1250 and 1XXX in most backstories.)

@ Froi, that's a nice offer, but no.

@ Matmohair1, I know of most of the bugs, a lot of bugs popped up out of nowhere, even when things seemed alright (to me at least) during my own play tests.

Might as well give you guys a status update: Things have slowed down again, I was supposed to be starting work this week, but all I just want to do is this:

s3pRs5r.gif

I want to get this next update out to you guys ASAP, but I've encountered brick wall after brick wall. I've fixed most of the major bugs related to troops, and I'm planning to redo the scenes and fix the broken ones once I've regained my drive. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

At least bannerlord should. That would also historiclly go as one of the base lores of he, expanded by modders and community. Imagine your word in some books.

SeanBeansShako said:
We have a Japanese Empire style and a Chinese Empire style faction in concept already worked out, along with Native American, South American, Balkan, US Colonial and a few city state Euro style ones planned.

Plus we have two factions we didn't release in the last update as Frenzied needs to find his creative mojo in tooling them out.

The problem is thus, the team is more or less a one man band (I write fanfiction and beta test, barely code any of the stuff) and the time being we really need to do more than just keep adding faction after faction.

If we had a bigger team at our disposal with several coders, we could pretty much make this mod an awesome thing. But until people volunteer for now we're pretty much working on improving what we have to a certain degree.

I'm more in favor of a focused mod instead of one with lots and lots of factions, but maybe I'm thinking too much in terms of the historical Napoleonic Wars and adding factions based on nations that weren't involved seems unnatural to me.

Some questions/bug reports:
  • The upkeep of the Vaegir Fusiliers is the same as the next unit (Vaegir Jaegers). Since I don't see anything special about them, I assumed this is a bug.
  • Dalantian Jaegers seem to have very high proficiencies for their tier. I believe they have similar stats to Dalantian Tyrolean Jaegers, but I'm not sure. Is this deliberate?
  • Swadian Dragoons are common in war parties but they seem to be unavailable from the regular tree. Do you have any plans for them?
  • Talking about Swadian Dragoons, it seems that their uniform and all similar uniforms make women's torsos invisible.
  • Are you going to make shoes available in stores? I found that gaiters don't clip has much, but I'd still prefer to wear shoes.

I do want to agree with Huehue on the factions.  If you faction isn't specializing in something unit-wize, you probably don't need it.  While I understand how neat it is to have an analogue for everything, more factions isn't always better.  Based on my experience on the troop trees, some factions just don't bring anything to the table but distance and slight differences in equipment and training.  Plus, as you mentioned above, a faction can represent more than one country.  The Swadians seem perfect to represent Imperial France as well as Austria.  The Rhodoks already have highlanders, so they might as well cover Britain as well.  The Nords are already the Nords, and can represent your Scandinavian countries.  That leaves two new factions with something to contribute representatively so far.  Its not that I don't love the creativity, because I really do its just that sometimes creativity gets in the way of other important things like focus.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter.  Feel free to use it or lose it, as it is your mod, and I will still play it anyways.

In other news, I've got the first troop tree ready! :!: :!: :!: :!:

I’m gonna put in a section on my opinions of each faction’s troop tree and how it compares to others right here, but I’m gonna wait until I have gone through all the native factions at least so I have a basis for comparison.  Until then, here’s the technical view on the Khergit-Kessick troop tree.

Khergit Tribesman -> Kessick Pikeman
V
Kessick Steppe Infantry -> Karzakh Musketeer -> Eral Bowman
V
Kessick Registered Horseman -> Kessick Cavalry of the Line
V
Khergit Light Lancer -> Kessick Officer -> Kessick Color Officer
V
Kessick Hetman’s Palace Guard -> Kessick Great Host Hussar

l3oa5mx.jpg
xBEqRGV.jpg
M7S6ggG.jpg
aB7akTq.jpg
ywvDymI.jpg
OkSAeln.jpg
bp8R9qA.jpg
Ov8AElN.jpg
q3vx0Hv.jpg
jCSliKY.jpg
3QG4RBP.jpg
yI87DgO.jpg
YTAOVoq.jpg

Notes for players:  After the Registered Horseman, all units are mounted, mostly on sumpter or saddle horses.  Only the last line and the color officers have hunters or Khergit coursers.  The basic recruit is decently equipped, although I would recommend not even trying the pikemen.  The Eral Bowmen are unique as an upgraded bow unit, but they are great at skirmishing due to high accuracy and rate of fire despite lower damage (24p, 99 acc. 90 sp.).  Registered Horsemen and Lancers are weak without any firearms, so be cautious with them and upgrade out quickly.  The last line has steel shields, which could even stop a few bullets, although not every bullet.  Most firearms are the Calvary Musket (110p, 35 acc., 35 sp.), which will still 1-hit almost anything and is equivalent to most lower-tier muskets.  Tribesmen and Hussars carry carbines (100p, 30 acc., 60 sp.), and Palace Guards and Officers carry good pistols(95p, 40 acc., 40 sp.).  Most troops carry sabres as well.  Lancers (obviously) and the Palace Guard carry lances.  Aside from having an officer and a spare and avoiding pikemen, I'd spread your upgrades around.  If you are recruiting a multi-national force, the Bowmen and the Palace Guard/Hussars are the place to go, depending on what you are looking for. 

Finally, tactics. When fighting against them aim for the torso. Use pikes or at least bayonets against their inevitable charge, and meanwhile try to hit their infantry with your cavalry without engaging their cavalry.  Try to avoid engaging in any prolonged melee, as they almost all carry sabres and know how to use them, while their fire-arms are less powerful than other faction's equipment.  When leading a Khergit force, I would set up your infantry where the bowmen can snipe and the rest can support and protect them, and meanwhile circle the enemy clockwise with your cavalry so they can shoot while moving and hopefully avoid many casualties.  Continue until you can charge a small group of them, and then repeat.  Even their excellent cavalry will lose head-to-head with infantry in any straight-forward engagement. 

Light Lancers have broken Proficiencies.  80 1-hand and 0 everything else when they only have lances.  Some small continuity errors in upgrades, but only major from Musketeer to Bowman and from Steppe Infantry to Registered Horseman.  Also wondering why only 2 units have any Horse Marksmanship (Line Cavalry and Officers) and why their horses don’t improve much or specialize much  If its because they are poor, they are known for their horses around the world, so the horses should be good at least.

Also, if the pictures are a problem, I wouldn't mind any advice about making them less screen-stretchy.  I used Imagr

We aren't planning on a major faction expansion anytime soon, as at the same time these concepts were being explored we were considering a second continent (Ancia being the sort of land bridge between them) but with the terrain reversed (desert bottom, mountain plains, and forrest going up the middle to the top) and to be honest with the amount of time and lack of a bigger team it is a pipe dream.

Rest assured even in concept though, these factions are more than just 'European dudes with slightly different hats'. The whole point really was going a bit more well, exotic with some of them but still keeping in the general theme of late 18th/early 19th century look and feel.

More weapon vaeiety would improve the game a lot. I foundmyself having found thebest pistol,balanced elite scimtar andthe steel shield in first three weeks. And i hadnt changed them at all. Not even armour.

Well, tech wise we've hit the ceiling with the late gun powder era stuff. Do you want slightly older gear dating back to what is considered the 16th century? do you also want more visually different looking civilian/custom weapons for sale?

The addition of the more exotic 2nd continent factions would have brought a few more different style melee weapons to the fray too.

I'm trying to convince Frenzied to be a bit more liberal with padding out the shop with more of the TWOTSK assets since we've been given permission now. Maybe you guys can help ;p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom