SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

What Future Features Do You Want Most With CIA?

• The Introduction Of Freelancer

Votes: 66 22.4%
  • TWOTSK Style Artillery

Votes: 61 20.7%
  • Varied, Obsolete And Foreign Mercenaries

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • New Era Friendly Fortresses and Naval Battle Scenes

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • Era Friendly Tournies,Hunting And Gambling Features And Other Ways To Make Money

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Older Gun Powder Era Weapons And Clothing For Sale

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • More Unique NPC and Bandit Factions To Fight And Recruit From

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • A Modified or Updated UI, Menu Art and Updated Lore Friendy Notes and new Officer Banners

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Modernised Main Settlement Scenes

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • The Additions of Mid 19th Century Early Victorian Content

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • NPC Musicians That Provide Bonuses With The Standards

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the AV software that comes with your computer? If you don't have that, then just try running as admin. (Left click the Warband shortcut, then select "Run as administrator")

In this day and age AV software and a good firewall is a must.

If anyone has had experince with working with Freelancer in general, him Frenzied up in IM.

Status update time, fellows!

Dusk Voyager recently cooked up a script for us that'll allow battlefield musicians to play actual music!

The script is functioning as expected with out any obvious negative side effects. We're currently in the process of putting together some fife and drum songs that'll echo across the battlefields, so not only will Calradia be dominated by vibrant uniforms and cultures, it'll also be alive with battlefield cadences, giving some added atmosphere to a battle.

If any one can make us some fife and drum cadences, we'll be glad to use them!

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
Status update time, fellows!

Dusk Voyager recently cooked up a script for us that'll allow battlefield musicians to play actual music!

The script is functioning as expected with out any obvious negative side effects. We're currently in the process of putting together some fife and drum songs that'll echo across the battlefields, so not only will Calradia be dominated by vibrant uniforms and cultures, it'll also be alive with battlefield cadences, giving some added atmosphere to a battle.

If any one can make us some fife and drum cadences, we'll be glad to use them!

We're all willing to take suggestions via YouTube videos, just as long as people aren't speaking and it isn't a band demonstration too.

Hi.
I believe I found a bug in this mod. If your character has 3 points in Inventory Management and you ask a non-companion unit to see their equipment, anything you have on the bottom of your inventory will disappear permanently. I haven't tried on level 4, but I know that it doesn't happen on lower levels.

I also want to congratulate the team for the great job you've done so far with this mod. Keep up the good work!  :smile:

Huehue said:
Hi.
I believe I found a bug in this mod. If your character has 3 points in Inventory Management and you ask a non-companion unit to see their equipment, anything you have on the bottom of your inventory will disappear permanently. I haven't tried on level 4, but I know that it doesn't happen on lower levels.

I also want to congratulate the team for the great job you've done so far with this mod. Keep up the good work!  :smile:

Well uh, that is quite a strange bug. I'll forward the information to Frenzied so he can get this fixed.

And thank you, I did the least amount of work though haha.

Hi and well done guys so far this is the most playable Napoleonic Era SP mod ive found, the uniforms might not be the best looking but its more than made up for in general good game play . Minor bugs are to be expected and only 2 things did i find disappointing,

1. no kneel function as yet tho i hope maybe its on the cards

2. the crazy accuracy and load times of firearms

as to the second point i reworked the accuracy by lowering pistols, raising muskets and adding an accuracy and reload penalty for weapons with bayonets (added weight on the end causing barrels to sway and gets in the way of the hand when charging the barrel). i gave rifles a boost but balanced it out with a higher load time. i also gave higher stats for special weapons such as scoped rifles, dueling pistols and officers pistols.

play testing of it so far seems to have improved the game experience no end and might be worth you considering doing something similar

so once again great job, keep up the good work and i look forward to more updates :smile:

There's a lot right with this mod but then again there's a lot wrong. Mainly map icons, interior and siege scenes and lords are still carrying around medieval armor. These things really break the immersion for me.  Hopefully you all will address these issues in time. These things are certainly time consuming but they also make a good mod great.

@ Trapp, we have no intentions of changing any more weapon stats, in fact we've nerfed pistols and carbines recently to make things more balanced. But you are welcome to fine tune the mod to your liking, however, I will not spoil the mod for people that like the challenge the poor accuracy of firearms creates with out making the game unfair.

@ RoboSenshi, the map icons, interiors and sieges will be changed eventually. However, Lords and medieval armour? We have removed all medieval weapons and armour, and changed all of the vassal's equipment in Beta 2.0, unless there are still lords wearing native equipment, if that's the case, could you write down their names so I may fix it?

Not a problem. Next time I'm playing and I see some I'll take a screenshot and PM you.

Btw what are you planning for the sieges? Also have you considered making contact with DrTomas to obtain the scripts necessary for implementing cannons and artillery?

I've contacted Dr. Thomas about other things, but I have asked if he'd some scripting for us too, which would include the cannon script, as well as the regiment script. I haven't received a response though.

Status update time, ladies and gentlemen!

This isn't exactly good news. After much testing, the musician script has proven to be fairly broken to say the least, so I have chosen to remove it, *however* musicians will still be in-game, but they just won't play any music, instead they'll be providing players with a stat buff, along with other "regimental staff", such as officers, standard bearers, surgeons and various others.

More information can be found in the Imperial Age manual when it is release with Beta 3.0.

About the "crazy accuracy", well it's an issue of gameplay balance - the firearms aren't really enjoyable for soldier-player, but I value this mod for something completely different: it gives reason to play as commander, standing on the hill and from there moving around those lines of ants in the distance - and current accuracy make for some really tasty line battles, being the average taken from misfires, human psychology and people actually shooting at their enemies, not generally in their direction. They're just ridiculously inaccurate when taken as single weapon, but work well in formation.

Will there be something handy to make officers, standards and alike always take position in the middle of infantry line or is it too much to ask for?

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
I've contacted Dr. Thomas about other things, but I have asked if he'd some scripting for us too, which would include the cannon script, as well as the regiment script. I haven't received a response though.
That's unfortunate. Btw what regiment script are you referring too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom