SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

What Future Features Do You Want Most With CIA?

• The Introduction Of Freelancer

Votes: 66 22.4%
  • TWOTSK Style Artillery

Votes: 61 20.7%
  • Varied, Obsolete And Foreign Mercenaries

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • New Era Friendly Fortresses and Naval Battle Scenes

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • Era Friendly Tournies,Hunting And Gambling Features And Other Ways To Make Money

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Older Gun Powder Era Weapons And Clothing For Sale

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • More Unique NPC and Bandit Factions To Fight And Recruit From

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • A Modified or Updated UI, Menu Art and Updated Lore Friendy Notes and new Officer Banners

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Modernised Main Settlement Scenes

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • The Additions of Mid 19th Century Early Victorian Content

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • NPC Musicians That Provide Bonuses With The Standards

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to have lords have bigger partiy size? You know, to make things a bit more fun.
I followed this tutorial
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=36638.90
But it didn't end quite well, ai lords have around 20 drummers lol.. I thought they should have more infantry
btw, here is a screenshot of me roleplaying as a sarranid general  :grin:
NT8CbG3.jpg

Actually, seanbeansshako, thats exactly i want. I dont care ifits too late for, but at least there will be cheaper alternative, if you make modern weapons a lot more expensive.

^@Sean Bean's Shako  I wouldn't mind having some more shields, although not a ton.  Especially for low-tier units such as the sarranids, or cavalry like some of the Kessicks, a wooden shield would make sense.  Also, if there was anyway to adjust what the armor shops sell, as it seems wierd for the shop in Suno to have a fine selection of Ancien, Gottemark, and Dalandtian gear and hardly any Swadian.  That being said, with mass-production starting up, there is going to be more uniformity in the level of gear available, and most professional soldiers wouldn't really change gear or have any need to (unless you are in backwards russia) until a new gun becomes standard issue.

^@Khivalrous Bear  I have only adjusted the battle size, yet I've fought a colonel that had 25% of his force comprised of musicians and color officers.  And of course my ally charged all his cavalry in anyways and got slaughtered.  But anyways...

Now that I've figured out how I want to do these, I'm on a roll.  Sarranids up next.  I'm gonna get the wierd troop trees out of the way first. 

(Blurb comparison goes here)

Sarranid Peasant Worker
Bashi-Bazouk Warrior Bashi-Bazouk Bowman
Janissary Pikemen Desert RiflemenSipahi Lancer
Janissary Musketeer Princes Nazim-i Cedid RiflemenMamluke Old Guard
Slave MasterEmperor's Nazim-i Cedid Guard Nazim-i Cedid Cavalry
OfficerBattlefield Musician
Color Officer

6N1q6ob.jpg
QeZnhPj.jpg
oaQKcLH.jpg
4vMWZBq.jpg
YAaaUeQ.jpg
4qOoj9e.jpg
8mC3BlP.jpg
SFqriAR.jpg
itBkv9g.jpg
NjUGsbx.jpg
eS71Iwu.jpg
GbeJEfb.jpg
ITaMBg0.jpg
Yi8hiny.jpg
L18dZKr.jpg
sxuEc7Q.jpg

Notes for the Player: The Sarranid troop tree starts out rather slow.  It takes at least two upgrades for any unit to gain fire-arms.  However, the elite units are really good.  The officers are probably the best armored officers, and are all-around well equipped.  Aside from how hard it is to get them, and how they lack a cavalry officer, I would recommend their officers to any multi-national force.  Furthermore, the tree seems somewhat non-sensical to me at this point.  The Slave Master is twenty levels lower than the Janissary Musketeer from which it upgrades.  To me, it looks like the Slave Master should upgrade directly from the Peasant, and the Bowman should instead upgrade from the Warrior.  The pay scale supports this argument, and most of the skills do too.
Anyways, the Sarranids lack any Jaeger-type rifles.  Yet all of their musket infantry is equipped with a top-rank musket, and they can use it (200p, 45 acc, 40 sp.).  The bowmen are mostly limited by their proficiency(80), carrying a nomad bow(21p, 99 acc., 94 sp.)  Scimitars are the preferred side-arm of almost everyone.  Plus Sarranid armor is generally stronger than most other factions, and they also have good hand-to-hand ability and consistent athletics across the board.  Their cavalry is good, all of them but the top tier has shields but not fire-arms.  The Riflemen look slightly better than the Emperor’s Guard, but mostly in melee.

Is this really how this tree is supposed to look?  If you were to take my earlier suggestions, it would align the tree more closely with most other factions.  The Musketeer to Slave Master upgrade is really strange.  Also look at the Old-Guard upgrade to the Nazim cavalry, as their stats don’t have continuity and the proficiencies are the same.    I might also add a cavalry officer, as the Sarranids surely would have high-grade officers leading their cavalry from horseback.  Otherwise, the Sarranid troop tree really emphasizes the modernization effort and corruption while still being balanced due to the power of top-tier units.  Good Job!

I have two things to say:
1. Great job on breaking down sarranids and showing that it was worth for me to put 100hrs in that campaign
2. Firearm quality. ASAP.

Updated with fire-arm stats for both Sarranids and Khergits.  Rhodoks are done, posting!

Rhodok Militia
Quartermaster National Guard
Non-Commissioned OfficerBattlefield MusicianLight InfantryFusilier of the Line
Officer ChasseurHighland Grenadier of the Line
Colour OfficerIntelligence OfficerHighland ChasseurGrenadier Guard
Republican Voltigeur

E3tb6tp.jpg
W1hLs2M.jpg
dHDflCc.jpg
SftcWi2.jpg
1p2m8qf.jpg
2IX2N7m.jpg
9z6d9DU.jpg
0O66kIK.jpg
rcLI70i.jpg
kARkaGD.jpg
8NBHAPN.jpg
1AiMfE0.jpg
lXI2nto.jpg
vobMFMh.jpg
Jwk9TBi.jpg

Notes to the Player:  First of all, the only mounted unit in the entire roster is the Intelligence Officer.  Now they are the only faction with no real cavalry (the nords got some, and every new faction has some).  However, they do have strong infantry, and with cavalry being weaker in this period, the only issue is the difficulty of chasing down routed foes, map speed, and lords charging into the enemy solo.  Their preferred side-arm is the broadsword, which is superior to most other 1-handed weapons.  Their officers are normal (Pistols: 85p, 32 acc., 45 sp.), excepting no cavalry officer, except their colour officer is cheap compared to others.  From the Militia to the Light Infantry and Fusiliers, they use old muskets with bayonets (200p, 40 acc., 30 sp.)  The grenadiers carry Broadswords and Geinsteins(200p, 45 acc., 40 sp.), with the guards also having grenades.  The Chasseurs have the same loadout, while the Highland Chasseurs have an RDM rifle(120p, 80 acc., 50 sp.) and the Voltiguers have snipers (150p, 90 acc., 30sp.).  They do lack head armor across the board, and few have good torso armor, plus low HP.  Rhodoks have decent troops with good equipment, actual athletics skill, and melee capabilities.  Grab their Colour and Intelligence Officers because they are cheap (at least for now)  Great for filling out your army!

I found the iron pants I mentioned earlier: one of the Rhodok Fusilier uniforms has +100 leg armor.  Also, I noticed that one of the flags is named “Regimenatal” with an extra A, and it seems to be across every faction I’ve examined so far. There is hardly any change in stats between the Non-commissioned Officer, the plain Officer, and the Colour Officer.  Check out the Throw proficiency, as I think the wrong grenadiers have them Otherwise, this tree seems fine.  Good job!  P.S. In the course of my campaigning, several companions seem to start with no fire-arms skill.  I would guess it just wasn’t added in.  Mareaux and Anna Bethe suffer from this among others.

Reguarding the notes, we've long fixed the many bugs reported here or in the group/Mod DB profile. Frenzied is working a few things out at the moment which is why it has been quiet on that end.

But one of the things he's got on the back burner is a image related faction soldier tree thingy for the factions.

It would still be useful for some people (like me) who like to plan stuff outside of the game.  And the pictures conveniently have all the stats for each unit, so I don't have to describe all that.  And I was hoping at least some of the bugs were being fixed, but I want to be thorough just in case you haven't noticed one before.  The fact that this mod is one of my top three out of every mod for 1.15x versions (I tried them all at least a bit.  Pendor and Light and Darkness are the others, each for different reasons) means that I want to help you make it as awesome as possible, which is why I'm writing guides in order to make the game more accessible and share it with more people.

It's faction guide time!  Next up: Swadians

Swadian Landwehr
Quartermaster Musketeer of the Line
Non-Commissioned OfficerMusicianGrenadier of the LineLight Infantry
OfficerCavalry OfficerImperial GrenadierJaegerHussar
Colour OfficerIntelligence OfficerImperial Grenadier GuardImperial JaegerRoyal Guard Cuirassier

zVi3D0x.jpg
vZQw52e.jpg
gv0oqAV.jpg
FmWV5bA.jpg
8tKdnSP.jpg
eeAsze4.jpg
cv22wqy.jpg
Uq2nM4g.jpg
d91751h.jpg
JeA5CYZ.jpg
jkfcwJ2.jpg
mnnHSLd.jpg
vNtgy94.jpg
cbqgsJS.jpg
Xi8RsPf.jpg
P6DGO2L.jpg

For the Player:  The Swadians are relatively balanced with somewhat weaker line infantry and rather strong melee cavalry.  Going from left to right on the table, the foot officers are weak due to having weak pistols (70p, 30 acc., 40 sp.) weak swords, and weak stats.  The cavalry officers are a little better in stats, and they have a much better sword, plus they are mounted on coursers or hunters, though they still don’t quite measure up to the other faction equivalents.  Their line infantry starts out with a Model 9 musket with Bayonet (120p, 40 acc., 30 sp.), which seems to be shorter than other bayonetted muskets.  Its only when they reach Imperial Grenadier that their equipment upgrades to a Haringoth (200p, 45 acc., 40 sp.), a short sword, and a grenade (watch out!).  Right now, the Guards have no power throw while the previous troops have 3, so if you want grenades, stay at that level.  However, their line infantry does not have outstanding stats. The Light Infantry replace the Model 9’s bayonet with a short sword, but they are barely an upgrade from the musketeers.  The Jaegers replace the musket with the Praven Rifle (120p, 80 acc., 40 sp.), and the Imperial Jaegers have really impressive stats with 7 athletics and 21 strength.  Their cavalry is great; they all come on hunters, have good swords, stats, and in the Cuirassier’s case, the best armor in the game.  However, the hussar has the same weak pistol as the officers, yet the powerful hussar sabre.  Cuirassiers replace those with only a Cuirassier sword, which is not as good.  Overall, other than strong melee cavalry and decent jaegers, the Swadians have little to recommend them

The stats of the non-commissioned officer and regular officer seem strange and they don’t progress normally.  It also seems weird that non-commissioned officers and commissioned officers receive the same pay.  The light infantry is not an improvement over musketeers, merely a re-arrangement of their stats. The Dragoons don’t seem to be a part of this upgrade tree, yet they seem to match the hussars: is this intentional? Finally, the Cuirassiers lose strength and a hit point from when they were hussars, which seems weird.  That’s my comments, I’m out!

I'm gonna finish the native factions first, but does anyone have any additional factions that they particularly want to see the troop tree for sooner?

Status update time, lads!

So, firstly I want to say that we have a new team member! Frederik is our modeller and texturer, I sure hope he's for the long-run, secondly, I also want to show off a new addition to Imperial Age's armoury! We chosen to name it the "Winhelm & Schutz Revolving Flintlock", a fine new invention from Swadia!

Jckcs8z.png

RnQVzWD.jpg

I may also make a musket version in the future.

I'd love for us to simply adjust the tournies to a modern setting with 18th century version of the item sets and gear, complete with a new scene.

Have you thought about varying the possible load-outs based on which city is hosting the tournament as in native?  It seems to me that the equipment would vary more by faction.  The Sarranids and Khergits probably have similar load-outs to native, while I can see Swadians and some of the new factions sticking to either wax-loaded pistols or fencing.  Also, if bare fists were possible, I'd give those to the revolutionaries, it makes sense to me that way at least.

Well, we considered that as well but I do think my way is easier really. We've added several new factions to the mix and it might be tricky now trying to give them all a unique set of stuff to do.

I'd be happy with just up to date looking areans, and modern classes using rusty and obsolete gear.

Hi there, i've recently downloaded this mod, I haven't gotten around to playing much, but I noticed that some banners aren't showing up properly. They appear to just be black, not all the banners are showing up like this, but its just a few of them. Any idea?

EDIT: Nevermind, i've sorted it out.

I know that it's not an issue of this mod but it applies to all mods and maybe to original MB.
But I ask it here because I started playing this mod.
Is there any way to block all those popup messages, related to war declarations etc... that pop up constantly disrupting gameplay and forcing to dismiss them?
They are very very annoying.

P.S. Maybe there are some bugs in the faces of woman companions. Sometimes they appear of different skin respect to the body and the face is not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom