SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art of Justice said:
-Excluded pretenders from the game.
-Changed Marshall title to Hand of the King one.
-Isn't the hand of the king the (president) of Kings Landing and that king?
-I assume you mean Claimants...
But if i might ask, the Asoiaf Wiki shows there are banned 'houses' and nobles from some factions.. is there a possibily of their uprising?

Kaampper said:
Art of Justice said:
But if i might ask, the Asoiaf Wiki shows there are banned 'houses' and nobles from some factions.. is there a possibily of their uprising?

Hand of the King is second in command in (any) kingdom. Since the Great Houses are at war and believe their heads their true and only lieges they will have their own Hands.
Yes, claimants.

As for uprisings...Unlikely. Even a certain Great House is barely managing to do this, and you speak of some banned minor houses...

Art of Justice said:
Kaampper said:
Art of Justice said:

Hand of the King is second in command in (any) kingdom. Since the Great Houses are at war and believe their heads their true and only lieges they will have their own Hands.
Yes, claimants.

As for uprisings...Unlikely. Even a certain Great House is barely managing to do this, and you speak of some banned minor houses...

Lol just brainstorming :grin:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Hand_of_the_King  you were right.. though i understand why i thought it was just from Kings Landing :grin:

Art of Justice said:
It has been quite a while since my last progress report. So here it goes.

-Completely reworked factions coats of arms.
-Added quite a few things to make the mod more immersive: towns & castles & villages night ambient sounds, tavern ambient sounds, player enterprise ambient sounds, townsmen in taverns (currently WIP), more townsmen/villagers in towns & villages, townsmen in castles (currently WIP), villages day ambient sounds, castle day ambient sounds (currently WIP).
-A lot of text fixes (missing periods and other syntax, spelling mistakes, meaningless replies, obsolete "--" symbols almost everywhere in the dialogues etc.).
-Currency set to stags.
-No more will you read Calradia anywhere in the game (Westeros/the Seven Kingdoms/the realm).
-Minor cosmetic changes (removed Native loading screen, Native hints, Native irritating tutorial boxes etc.).
-Fixed mismatched and mistaken troops names.
-Reworked/fixed village elder boat purchase dialogue.
-Reworked/fixed port master ship purchase dialogue.
-Completely reworked tannery scene.
-Implemented elite companions.

Most of this has been implemented with the help of Legionaire, La_Grandmaster and guys over at Q&A.

Love the update. And no, I certainly don't mind helping with any language issues you might have. :smile:

Kaampper said:
is this a Warrior itself as in the game, or just your character with the armor on? (as i dont know the lore) i do assume those dornish will be light/dark coloured skinned?

It's explained in either A Clash of Kings or A Storm of Swords that there are three different types of Dornishmen, each with different physical traits. There are light-skinned Dornishmen as well as dark skinned Dornishmen, and etc.

Been doing some reading. I thought I saw somewhere a set of banners available to the player, but I don't recall where, and when I was looking over the images of all the different banners being used for NPCs, I recalled a minor irritation I had with Warband: somebody in the game has a duplicate of your banner. You're not quite unique.

So I was wondering if this had been addressed - like I said, I THINK I saw somewhere a set of banners that was limited to the player, but I can't recall where.

And I was wondering, as well, if it might not be too much trouble to include a banner creator. Allow a couple dozen different symbols which can be manually placed (to allow for things like two crossed blades, etc), and four or five standard background styles (solid, quartered, etc), and a color-picker. Done. Granted, I couldn't really do any of that myself, but it doesn't SOUND overly complex...

<.<;

Anywho, just a thought. And maybe it's come up sometime in the last 450-something pages, but HOLY **** THIS IS A LONG THREAD!

okashiikessen said:
Been doing some reading. I thought I saw somewhere a set of banners available to the player, but I don't recall where, and when I was looking over the images of all the different banners being used for NPCs, I recalled a minor irritation I had with Warband: somebody in the game has a duplicate of your banner. You're not quite unique.

So I was wondering if this had been addressed - like I said, I THINK I saw somewhere a set of banners that was limited to the player, but I can't recall where.

And I was wondering, as well, if it might not be too much trouble to include a banner creator. Allow a couple dozen different symbols which can be manually placed (to allow for things like two crossed blades, etc), and four or five standard background styles (solid, quartered, etc), and a color-picker. Done. Granted, I couldn't really do any of that myself, but it doesn't SOUND overly complex...

<.<;

Anywho, just a thought. And maybe it's come up sometime in the last 450-something pages, but HOLY **** THIS IS A LONG THREAD!

If by any means this will be implemented, it will not be in the first release.

there are a lot of good ideas to make a perfect mod, but at first we need to Finish the mod before we can even think about further ideas like this.

okashiikessen said:
Just wanted to voice it, see if it might make the wishlist.

But yes, get it playable first. We can wait for the spit-shine.

I think (and hope) that when the basics are done and the mod is alpha-released, we will make a Suggestiond and Ideas Sub-topic. but it is not this day! 
LoTR quote :oops:

okashiikessen said:

<.<;

Your best bet would be to check them again and save duplicates images so we can find them fast.

Epicrules said:
Yeah, also, this mod probably won't get a sub-forum here on TaleWorlds, seeing as it's... well, illegal. Intellectual property laws and stuff like that.

Big deal... If they deny us, we'll have our own forum somewhere else.

matmohair1 said:
:roll: Intellectual property is nothing but an illegal & corrupt business scam
by the same crooks who are trying to camodify everything from metaphors to electrons
if there already is a mod sub-forum on TWC - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721
then why cant there be one here too!

Taleworlds has seperate rules about that stuff than TWC does.

I can't seem to find the thread that explains it, though. But it's also why TLD can't have one, TVS can't have one, and so on. I have no idea how Ranger's Apprentice got away with it.

Edit:

Art of Justice said:
Epicrules said:
Yeah, also, this mod probably won't get a sub-forum here on TaleWorlds, seeing as it's... well, illegal. Intellectual property laws and stuff like that.

Yes, that's the common solution to that problem.

Epicrules said:
matmohair1 said:
:roll: Intellectual property is nothing but an illegal & corrupt business scam
by the same crooks who are trying to camodify everything from metaphors to electrons
if there already is a mod sub-forum on TWC - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721
then why cant there be one here too!

Taleworlds has seperate rules about that stuff than TWC does.

I can't seem to find the thread that explains it, though. But it's also why TLD can't have one, TVS can't have one, and so on. I have no idea how Ranger's Apprentice got away with it.

Edit:

Art of Justice said:
Epicrules said:

Yes, that's the common solution to that problem.

Pressed its claim in war, most likely. :smile:

Epicrules said:

In what way is it illegal?
Is a kid drawing on a piece of paper his favorite superhero Spiderman breaks the law?

We are not selling the product - the mod is completely free, and we stated that this mod is based on Martin's novel - so where is t least one thing that is illegal?

People of Western world are so afraid of all this copyright b***it that they don't even know how it works anymore.

It's like how peple are afraid of traffic police in my country: even if they are driving within the speed limits, they still drop the speed once they see a traffic policeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom