SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The statue is awesome and the banner is good, but I don't like the wood texture or whatever it is. I'm talking about the texture on the actual flagpoles of the banner. It's fugly.

LegionaireR said:
Tully Banner Prop

Dragon Statue
a great work. :grin:
hiner said:
Ya Lonewolf is making leaps and bounds. Really inpressed with his progression and even more so with his maturity to handle positive criticism.

Thank you, I really appreciate your thoughts.

Lux said:
The statue is awesome and the banner is good, but I don't like the wood texture or whatever it is. I'm talking about the texture on the actual flagpoles of the banner. It's fugly.

My friend, don't forget that a screenshot reduces the quality of the texture, furthermore the bump couldn't be added in the modelling program that this screenshot was taken, so you can expect a little more realistic wood texture in the game. Thanks for saying your opinion though.

hiner said:

[size=14pt]Sorry for the double post.  But it's time to post this week's preview, finishing up the Martell's Tier 1 troops.  As well as a couple of props made by LoneWolf.

Enjoy.

Dornish Marauder
2013-02-03_00001_zps422c9c64.jpg

2013-02-03_00002_zps2c0c9797.jpg

2013-02-03_00003_zps58b58386.jpg

2013-02-03_00004_zps4297fbae.jpg

2013-02-03_00006_zps48306133.jpg

Dornish Skilled Huntsman
2013-02-03_00007_zps3d38f71b.jpg

2013-02-03_00008_zps96f5263d.jpg

2013-02-03_00009_zpsea8e268d.jpg

2013-02-03_00010_zps25a3e37c.jpg

2013-02-03_00011_zpse1d4ba0b.jpg

I didnt know martells were desert people :grin:

themightytemplar said:
I don't really like the dornish skilled huntsman armor, it looks like there are tyrell roses on the robe.

Are Tyrells the only one who can use roses? Besides it's decoration here, not a sigil. And tyrell's sigil is yellow rose on green.

Shimmler said:
themightytemplar said:
I don't really like the dornish skilled huntsman armor, it looks like there are tyrell roses on the robe.

Are Tyrells the only one who can use roses? Besides it's decoration here, not a sigil. And tyrell's sigil is yellow rose on green.

Yeah, but it is a little Tyrell-ish...

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Shimmler said:
themightytemplar said:

Yeah, but it is a little Tyrell-ish...

In what way?

They are yellow roses, same as the tyrell's, and although the robe isn't green, it reminds me of the tyrell sigil.
Besides, it seems strange for dornish troops to wear robes decorated with roses because
1. they live in a desert, and as much as i know, roses aren't common in deserts.
2. the rose is the sigil of the tyrells, and martells and tyrells don't have a good relationship with each other, so why should martells let their troops wear the sigil of their rivals ??

themightytemplar said:
They are yellow roses, same as the tyrell's, and although the robe isn't green, it reminds me of the tyrell sigil.
Besides, it seems strange for dornish troops to wear robes decorated with roses because
1. they live in a desert, and as much as i know, roses aren't common in deserts.
2. the rose is the sigil of the tyrells, and martells and tyrells don't have a good relationship with each other, so why should martells let their troops wear the sigil of their rivals ??

But there are roses in the desert
http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Wardh-Taifi-the-Fragrant-Rose-of-Arabia-50.html
"The suburbs of Taif and its valleys Huda, al Shafa, al Ghadeerayn and Wadi Mahram, are known for cultivation of this rose, which creates more income than the cultivation of vegetables or crops"

If there are roses in Saudi Arabia, why not in Dorne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom