SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shimmler said:
Wernicke said:
I would collapse bearings such seemingly thick robes in a country warm as Dorne. There must be something special to these queer men!

Have you never seen bedouins?
That's the most effective way of keeping your body safe from dehydration.

They're also manly.
BTW, they look great.

Wernicke said:
Shimmler said:
Wernicke said:
I would collapse bearings such seemingly thick robes in a country warm as Dorne. There must be something special to these queer men!

Have you never seen bedouins?
That's the most effective way of keeping your body safe from dehydration.

Truly? How does that work, then?

“As a young person, I could not understand why the Bedouin wore all these layers of black clothing while it was 49 °C with no shade, nor why their tents were black. I was staying in a British white canvas tent, wearing shorts and khakis. Then I realised that the Bedouin were protecting themselves from ultraviolet. They were also holding in their moisture. The average Bedouin lives on a litre of water a day; I was living on 19 litres a day.

http://www.abelard.org/news/science04032…

To put it simple - they sweat, but the moisture doesn't evaporate, but is absorbed within inner layer of clothes that keep the skin wet.

Remember Tusken Raiders from Tatooine? Exactly the same principle.

:roll: - http://www.militarysunhelmets.com/2012/british-army-spine-pads

001jdo.jpg

Sudan1898-M.-Barthorp-War-on-The-Nile.jpg

Spine-Pad-with-snap-fittings.jpg

large.jpg

249d2afbba.jpg

101.jpg

Indeed, if these men had to live on a liter of water a day then a shower or bath would be an excessive luxury. They still had hygiene... probably more than the average European peasant  if we compared respective lifestyles in the Middle Ages. The more wealthy Bedouins would have been able to afford perfumes.

I wasn't quite certain about sand baths, but if you insists. And of course as an ethnic group they are still around, but I did not know if we were considering them through the ages or only in comparison to their European counterparts in the Middle Ages.

Shimmler said:
The only smell that worse than that is the stench of this off-top. Seriously, stop with that now.

Going off topic is hard to control, but Shimmler is always there keeping an eye out for them :wink:

Btw Guys, any fun facts or news with the Mod? something intereseting to keep the people happy? :wink:

Kaampper said:
Shimmler said:
The only smell that worse than that is the stench of this off-top. Seriously, stop with that now.

Going off topic is hard to control, but Shimmler is always there keeping an eye out for them :wink:

Btw Guys, any fun facts or news with the Mod? something intereseting to keep the people happy? :wink:

I've actually done a lot of different things (and still doing more) to add more immersion and atmosphere to Warband and our mod specifically, hopefully hiner will include some of my accomplishments in the upcoming preview :smile:

Art of Justice said:
Kaampper said:
Shimmler said:

I've actually done a lot of different things (and still doing more) to add more immersion and atmosphere to Warband and our mod specifically, hopefully hiner will include some of my accomplishments in the upcoming preview :smile:

Is there room to ask question about what is coming in the mod here? or is that not relative to ask here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom