• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes , why not ...

I ll think abou it.

A Random Screenshot of th battle icon :

2013-121.jpg

Yeah two crossed rifles , good idea !

It wasn't a sun  , it was an Explosion  :mrgreen:

And for the Battle place ( when it finished) I'll put some dead soldiers , At the moment it's an old white cross ...

Edit : Agovic I've made a Signature specially for you  :lol:
signmo10.png

Can it be fire (burning)? :grin: That would be kinda cool :grin:

And yes, when you come to Montenegro's development send me a PM so I can send you the resources or I can post them here.

If you can make the texture slightly brighter for the rifles and it is perfect. Good luck looking for the other overmap stuff don't forget the sounds!

That's Nikolai I of Russia, not Nikola I of Montenegro. Here's a portrait of Nikola I at his "coronation".

5oVph.jpg

At his early period Nikola I used a Russian general's uniform that he got as a gift from Tsar Alexander II during his education in Russia. He replaced it with a Montenegrin general's uniform in 1868. Due to being shot in the leg in 1876, he stopped carrying the uniforms (probably due to the leg skin not liking tight pants), since then he can be seen in the Montenegrin traditional costume.

As for uniforms... It was standardised kind of Russian uniforms produced in the period 1855-1858, except that instead of the helmets peaked hats (in Montenegro called šapka (ShAPKA)) were used, and the soldiers carried black well-made Montenegrin national hats.

5oXq2.jpg

5oXqx.jpg

5oXro.jpg

5oXs6.jpg

They didn't variate much between the ranks..Generals had those big golden epaulets like Nikola I in his portrait up there.

5oXtE.jpg

This uniform ^^
These were acquired in small amounts ( about 30 of them ) from Russia to serve as a honorary lifeguard batallion that was in the court of Danilo I. They were a personal gift from Alexander II to Danilo I on his last birthday on  May 1860

The soldier's uniform was a standard Russian like infantry uniform of the period with the Montenegrin national hat
slikaCrnogorska-kapa-sa-grbom-kralja-Nikole-28793589v800h600.jpg

Goodjob, now you've got the nationalist post everything about Montronego. Quick say that you won't include it otherwise he will force you to make a major nation of it!

gokiller said:
Goodjob, now you've got the nationalist post everything about Montronego. Quick say that you won't include it otherwise he will force you to make a major nation of it!

Realism all the way... Montenegro in 1860 had a good standing 20k army, a population of some 200k and a treasury full of Russian nobility and French donations. It had no navy though, and cavalry wasn't quite common, though some soldiers used to ride as "dragoons" while most officers had horses.

There was a huge stockpile of ammo and weaponry, specially after the looting on the Turks at the glorious Grahovac battle. The budget allowed for the first real high quality medals to be ordered to be made, mainly in Austria.

Since 1858, the main armaments of the Montenegrin army were a bulk of various weapons built in Russia and Austria, however there were those that were "homemade" by the Montenegrins, they didn't lack in quality, though they weren't mass produced and each one was basically unique. Turkish muskets were also used a lot, while the French donated 2000 rifles (Minies) in 1854. The main armament that is known by name would be the Lorenz rifle and the Minie, some Serbian ones were made in Kragujevac and were bought by Nikola I though I do not have the sources of pictures or what exact models would they be. 

Agovic said:
gokiller said:

Realism all the way... Montenegro in 1860 had a good standing 20k army, a population of some 200k and a treasury full of Russian nobility and French donations. It had no navy though, and cavalry wasn't quite common, though some soldiers used to ride as "dragoons" while most officers had horses.

There was a huge stockpile of ammo and weaponry, specially after the looting on the Turks at the glorious Grahovac battle. The budget allowed for the first real high quality medals to be ordered to be made, mainly in Austria.

Since 1858, the main armaments of the Montenegrin army were a bulk of various weapons built in Russia and Austria, however there were those that were "homemade" by the Montenegrins, they didn't lack in quality, though they weren't mass produced and each one was basically unique. Turkish muskets were also used a lot, while the French donated 2000 rifles (Minies) in 1854. The main armament that is known by name would be the Lorenz rifle and the Minie, some Serbian ones were made in Kragujevac and were bought by Nikola I though I do not have the sources of pictures or what exact models would they be.

Montenegro was a piss poor, unimportant, country, in the outer sphere of balkan politics.

Not that he doesn't want it, he's simply...how to say.....arrogantive about it :grin: Joe...y u doin' this ffs? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom