SP Fantasy [WB] Rise of the Undead (total conversion mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

First release of the mod is up, this is an alpha and test version with many limitations and things left to do, there will be bugs and unbalances, keep that in mind.

New trailer by Mount & Blade Gaming :wink: I'll soon release a patch that will change armor rating for some of the Undead armors especially the higher tier ones this shall make higher tier troops much more resilient and also player (basically the original values, hopefully I'll not make them too op xd).

NEW rebalance patch: Improves armor rating for Undead higher level armors, helms and boots, also to some shields and improves their hit points by a lot for the higher tier ones. Some tweaks to troops equipment, also increases slightly Devourer of Worlds damage. It also fixes the player relation within the faction so that now player feels fully integrated in the faction. As you can see in this screenshot: 100 relation/Loyal while before it was 12 relation/Accepting on start of the game. Also the starting "money" amount changed to 50k and better units in starting party. As with the old patch all factions start at war with each other. Copy/paste all files in this folder to Rise of the Undead v0.1 alpha and replace.

Rise of the Undead v0.3 alpha RELEASED

Changelog:

Still an alpha and test version but shall be much more playable and enjoyable. Swapped Cavalry and Drows recruitment and all recruitment cost adjusted, nerfed higher tier Undead armors a bit and Devourer of Worlds is more balanced, the 4 smaller kingdoms are allies as how it was before the patch, when starting as Nehebkau you'll now have an npc in party which you can replace the default minister with, fixed/edited some stuff in Ordo Serpens castles interior, replaced all castles using siege towers with destructible doors castles, edited pretenders stuff, renamed all lords, ladies and some mercenaries.

For next version I'll look into add a new alternative start that will be a wandering Spectre eager to join the Undead legions, you'll be able to join the armies as a Shadow Knight and then Upgrade to a Dread Knight ^^

You should create some good order determined to fight the undead with priests or something like paladins, it can be a new faction or just a faith based order with units available to the existing factions....i know this mod is about evil wining but they need a "nemesis" i think.

Laizenbh said:
You should create some good order determined to fight the undead with priests or something like paladins, it can be a new faction or just a faith based order with units available to the existing factions....i know this mod is about evil wining but they need a "nemesis" i think.

There are already "Holy Knights" that the other factions recruit as mercenaries and that are their best units. And anyway remember the Undead faction come out of nowhere so they weren't expected :wink:

Guys I really need feedback on game balance that's the most important. Is it too hard, too easy or just right? Need to know if I got it right or if I still need to spend time on this.

Ok, i've played for some time today...fist of all i liked the soundtrack a lot, now about balance:
1 - I think that skeleton infantry need more PS for its upkeep cost.
2 - Drow unit has 2 PD and no PS, it is a infantry unit right?
3 - All the lords move too slow didnt they?
4 - Skeletons seens to be the most weak unit type,they should be more cheap i think.
General feedback:
1 - That scythe like lance has a swing damage listed but didnt has the move(that would be insanely cool).
2 - Raiding villages should give some skeleton troops for the player.

That is it for today. :party:

Really love this mod. Very impressive work. Love the maps (World, Battle, Towns, and Fortresses), the sounds and music, wonderful terrains and landscapes, the sounds and voices, and just about everything. I play PoP, and Phantasy a lot, and now I have a new favorite. I am puzzled about a few things, and cannot find much discussion, explanations, or FAQs to help out. For instance, only once in about 20 levels have I gotten any loot from a battle (2 shields), despite adding skill points. Also, there seems to be no companions, tavern-like settings, or uses for captured prisoners.  Can anyone point me towards answers, since I can find very little about this great mod anywhere?

Why have I expected fresh meat? I should have expected from the title that this is the necro posting thread.

Back
Top Bottom