SP Antiquity [WB] Rise of Rome mod (Looking for Modelers,Texturers,Coders)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigy500

Recruit
Hi this mod is based on the year when the first punic war is just about to begin (264B.C.). We've made good work on the mod have a map and we are starting to put cities, villages, and castles in their correct locations.

Factions:
Roman Republic
Carthage
Sparta
Kingdom of Macedonia
Kingdom of Epirus
Kingodom of Syracusae
Illyria
Seleucid Empire
Egypt
Pergamon
Bosporan Kingdom
Armenia
Pontus
Breton Tribes
Celtic Tribes
Gallic Tribes
Iberian Tribes
Saxons
Angles
Franks
Vandals
Alemanni
Dacians
If anyone thinks I should add a faction or remove one pm me and Ill think about it and let you know.

3d art models:

I need art models for all of the faction especially romans, greek, and carthage so choose your favorite and design the following:

Weapons: (swords, spears, shields, javelins, axes, bow and arrows) no maces and no crossbows

Armor: (breastplate, footwear, helmets, gloves,)

Human models would be helpful

It would also be greatly aprecciated if anyone could design a working elephant with a man mounted on the top that throws spears

Also roman infantry should be designed to throw javelins

Spartan troops should be well awesome

If anyone knows how to make the cities, castle and villages look roman or faction specific from the world map please pm me.

Buildings: If anyone wants to provide roman, barbarian, carthaginian, greek specific buildings it would be appreciated.

Also if anyone nows how to make troops do formations like testudo and phalanx Im not sure if thats in the code or somewhere so if anybody  knows how to do it pm me or send me an email.

If anyone can design scenes such as the streets or castles and send it to me it would be appreciated

Ideas: Section were I say things I would like to see in the mod but don't now if their possible

I would like to make a system where you can go to the tavern or speak with a general and it would allow you to enlist in the army eventually become a general of your own legion and become friends with other legion commanders and make a coup and if you capture rome you become emperor and found the roman empire. This I believe would be like some sort of quest like system.

I also think that you should be allowed to stay as a roman general, serve rome and the senate offers you quest to go fight in these front or go and conquer these lands or return to rome and you should also get a pretty big wage so you don't go poor.

Also it would be awesome if you were a general you were given a piece of land which would be your villa and when you go to it and walk around the scene it would be like your own estate with a house and garden.

Also if you decide to go with any of the barbarian tribes I thought it would be fun if barbarian warband leaders give you quest like loot this village or steal cattle and I also thought that there should be a system like the one I described in rome where you join a barbarian general eventually take over the tribe and lead your people to plunder, burn, and loot anything in you're path.

If anyone thinks any of the above ideas are possible or has an idea of his own and nows how to do it pm me or send me an email.

Anyone who helps in this mod by contributing anything above would have their name in the credits with what they did.

Lead moders (for now): Luigy500 and JGSPRO pm or email both of us with anything regarding the mod make sure you send it to both of us just to make sure we get it and are able to add it and work with it as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading.

I bet you mean the germanics those probably did't exist but all of the other ones did exist around the time I put the german tribes to fill the area and since nobody is qoing to play the game for 500 years I decided to put them so if someone were to recreate the empire it would still be interesting

Wow that's a ambitious modification expedition although I'm curious as to what you can do along with your partner  :grin:. By the way I'm willing to help with scenes and dialog/cut-scenes. By the way check you two's pm's for suggestions on the problems/helps you guys stated you need of.

well i think you should also say what could you 2 actually do for this mod?
can you model, texture, code, animate things?

the same theme mod already is in progress
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179044.0.html
i just don't believe that it will be any time completed...

by the way if you going to start mod with so much factions you should at least have 20 modelers, texturers who could do all those things

Well what I know how to do(well) is make the world map, put the villages and cities in the correct location. JGSPRO and I also know how to make 3d models using wings 3d but we don't know how to texture and color them and add them to the game. We also have some coding knowledge but are far from experts. We don't know how to texture or animate.

I Know the mod which you're talking about and have been watching it but just like you I doub't it would ever get finished.

So I created this mod and posted it to see if anyone wants to helps us with the mod.

I wound a map of world in 200 B.C.  Im glad if this helped to you :grin:
East-Hem_200bc.jpg

If you want to have any chance with this getting done, limit the factions to a minimum (5-6), and make others local bandits (just roving parties, no locations). And don't start mods without coders, that's hopeless.

MadVader said:
If you want to have any chance with this getting done, limit the factions to a minimum (5-6), and make others local bandits (just roving parties, no locations). And don't start mods without coders, that's hopeless.

Well about the factions I was thinking about using a general troop tree for the various german factions though I do understand that they are many what im gonna do is start working with the most important factions and when thats done ill work with the rest. The things about the coders is probably true but Im going to try to do my best to master the coding system and if you know any codders who would be interested in helping it would be appreciated.

Luigy500 said:
I bet you mean the germanics those probably did't exist but all of the other ones did exist around the time I put the german tribes to fill the area and since nobody is qoing to play the game for 500 years I decided to put them so if someone were to recreate the empire it would still be interesting

With the logic, I say put in the Soviet Union, Kingdom of Denmark and Republic of Iraq.

If you're going for historical accuracy, then it's questionable to have peoples which either emerge much later (Franks/Alemanni) or which if they existed in this period we have no information concurrent to that period (The BCs). You'd be better served expanding the generic "Gallic/Iberian/British" Tribes into more specific ones.

Furthermore, while I don't mean to sound rude the high ambitions of your mod risk leading it to failure by trying to start too big too early. Many successful mods emerged from more modest initial foundations - 1257 did with the Baltic Area, and I believe Hegemony also did in the first release or so. You would do better to start small, such as just with the Italian Peninsula and surrounding areas in order to depict the early exploits of Rome - the Punic wars, Macedonian Wars and intra-Italian Wars.

Up to you, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom