B Native Musket Era [WB] Renaissance Mod - Beta Released

Users who are viewing this thread

I've just downloaded the beta version and like it a lot so far, but i have a lot of ideas for minor improvements.

One thing is, that in my opinion the mail horse armores don't fit in with the renaissance atmosphere. They are looking good on sarranid warhorses, but the Swadian Knights would be doing better if they had plate armored horses.

Another thing regarding the Knights: A lot of my Knights only had little swords and only one out of five had a lance. I assume they have both lances and swords and most of them just had their swords out at that moment, but if you let your knights charge and they prefer to use their tiny sword rather than their massiv lances, the charge will not be very effective. I think you should give the swadian cavalry no swords in order to make charges more effective and to leave the close range cavalry superiority to another faction.

if you want more feedback, let me know 'cause I still have  tons of ideas and I'd be happy to tell you about.

This is propably going to be one of the most epic mods ever!

Cap.Nikollas said:
The mod is dead?
It seems pretty dead to me but I´ve read all pages and I didn´t find a post saying that the mod is cancelled. Would be a shame if this mod never gets finished

A mural of a Siege of Constantinople, Moldovita, Bucovina, Romania, 1537
Including larger images of:
Constantinople Beseiged
The Beseiging Army, portrayed as Ottomans
The Siege of Constantinople mural was inspired by a poem dedicated to the Virgin Mary in thanksgiving for her intervention in saving the city of Constantinople from an Avar & Persian attack in A.D. 626. In a wonderful political spin, considering the Ottoman threat to Moldavia in the 1500s, the Siege on the walls of Moldovita Church depicts the enemy as turbaned Turks rather than Avars or Persians.
A similar theme is portrayed in Cantiga 28, of c.1284, featuring the 717–718AD Siege of Constantinople by the Arabs of the Umayyad Caliphate

A Byzantine Militiaman by Ian Heath based on the Moldovita Siege of Constantinople mural
(I would have thought that in 1537 they would be portraying Moldavian soldiers).

MIRROR SITE
A mural of a Siege of Constantinople, Moldovita, Bucovina, Romania, 1537

Druzhina
Illustrations of Ottoman Costume & Soldiers

Stublalu said:
Cap.Nikollas said:
The mod is dead?
It seems pretty dead to me but I´ve read all pages and I didn´t find a post saying that the mod is cancelled. Would be a shame if this mod never gets finished

Making a mod is not easy. Especially if you run a rather hard job and intense social life.

And sometimes, there are frustrating technical throwbacks annihilating nearly all the motivation.

Anyway, I wish you a happy new year!

VonTawast said:
... are you just co-operating with Battle of Europe now?

Eh?

Where you got that information from?

I'm still working on the mod. Albeit at a very reduced pace, compared to what I was able to do before... :sad:

Bayard-X said:
Stublalu said:
Cap.Nikollas said:
The mod is dead?

Making a mod is not easy. Especially if you run a rather hard job and intense social life.

And sometimes, there are frustrating technical throwbacks annihilating nearly all the motivation.

Anyway, I wish you a happy new year!

I apologize for that, it sounded kind of rude and disrespectful towards the people working on this.
I was just a bit disappointed that i didn´t get any reaction from my little bit of feedback.

Stublalu said:
I apologize for that, it sounded kind of rude and disrespectful towards the people working on this.
I was just a bit disappointed that i didn´t get any reaction from my little bit of feedback.

No worry, man. The cause why I chose not to communicate a lot was that ideas and wish lists are easily filled up - there is a very long list - however, the realisation depends on a few. I'd rather focus on recovering the big show-stopper causing this mod still to be in this board and not among the published ones.

To be honest, this throwback gulped up much of the mod's momentum.

George Gush uses Nicolaas Hogenberg's 'Emperor Charles V in procession after his coronation by Pope Clement VII at Bologna', 1530 as the source for the Papal Guard. The Hogenberg plate of the guards is the only one of the 38 that does not have a latin inscription. Gush calls them Germans but there is nothing to indicate this. There are Bolognese infantry in classical costume in the early part of the procession and landsknechts under Antonio de Leyva near the end, so the guards in the middle around Pope Clement VII and Emperor Charles V are probably Papal (they wear Sajones more typical of Italian costume).

Other plates include:
Bolognese banners
Papal banners
Mercenary Knights
Artillery

MIRROR SITE
'Emperor Charles V in procession after his coronation by Pope Clement VII at Bologna', 1530 by Nicolaas Hogenberg

Druzhina
16th century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Back
Top Bottom