SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] Reign of Camelot

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, I've always wanted to make a mod which isnt constrained by historical or factual standards, to which I could better explore modding potential, and this is what came about.

Reign of Camelot will be essentially an Arthurian themed mod with a mixture of contemporary legend and a little bit of my own custom tinkering.

The mod is targeted for single player, and some of the features it will include are:

Emphasis on the RPG element of the game aspect including 5 distinct playable classes:

- Knight/Man at Arms
- Marksman
- Cleric
- Mage
- Summoner

The classes will each have their own strengths and weaknesses, and will give the player a fresh starting perspective to traditional M&B character building. And the classes will do what you expect them to do; the cleric heals, the mage shoots spells, and the summoner summons etc.

The core gameplay will operate much the same as native, i.e. recruit troops and fighting factions, capturing centers etc. except there will be other objectives the player can partake in, which I will not disclose at this time. Recruitment for troops will be somewhat different however.

Regarding the factions, there are 7 total:

- Kingdom of Camelot  (post Uther with Arthur as king)
- Kingdom of Camlann  (Mordred's kingdom)
- Kingdom of Logres
- The Grail Kingdom    (represented as after the contemporary even "Dolorous Stroke")
- The Realm of Barnerot
- The Realm of Darnantes
- The Risen         

Other features will include custom models and scenes etc.  I've made various scenes already, and a few custom equipments, though for the moment most things are just retextured native items, or just a showcasing for some of the OSP items, including some of narfs splended armors.

The mod will also feature custom music, as well as faction specific.

A look at some pics:

Logres castle
logre6.jpg

logre5.jpg

logre4.jpg

logre3.jpg

logre2.jpg

logre1.jpg

Amorous City
am2.jpg

am1.jpg

pic2-1.jpg

pic1-1.jpg

pic3-1.jpg

Gippa
gip2.jpg

gip3.jpg

Caerleon
pic5-1.jpg

pic8-1.jpg

pic7-1.jpg

pic6-1.jpg

pic9-1.jpg

Camelot
camel1.jpg

camel2.jpg

camel3.jpg

Various faction troops
cam01.jpg

caml0.jpg

caml3.jpg

cam7.jpg

cam5.jpg

cam2.jpg

cam1.jpg

darn0.jpg

darn8.jpg

logres5.jpg

The foundation for the mod is in place; map made, all center locations placed, troop tuples named and most factions equipped. What remains is work for The Risen equipment, putting in the system for magic and classes (the code is already made just needs to go in), various other models to be made.

It should be important to know that the mod is currently in hibernation until work on 268 B.C. is completed, though for the process of mod forum requirement I am announcing this now, and also to welcome discussion on the theme, and perhaps to see if anyone might be interested in contributing.

At first I had planned to explain how I felt through a long praising sentence, but this is the only adequate thing to say: :shock:

Lol this is quite stunning I must say.
Good luck on your project. I can't wait to see the final result, let alone Hegemony on Warband. Oh boy, my grades will NOT like this.

Thought he was wrapping up heagomony mod so not only is he finishing it up he is gonna port then do this? O_O seems like we gonna have to be patient (sighs)

Is there any way you could possibly allow the player to give companions different variations of heraldic armor? I've always wanted to go into battle with a small group of colorful knights.
Like this:
Holy-Grail-2.jpg

We're knights of the round tabl- oh.

Anyway, that looks really awesome, some great retextures there as well, and those castles look amaazing. :eek:

Edit, wrong smiley.

Dunno... Knowing that Arthur wasn't from 1300 but from around 900 makes me wanna wip all that heavy armour from the mod...

Mmmm, but really nice castles. Great work.

Great, now I have bohemian rhapsody in my head instead of the camelot song due to Adorno's post. :lol:

Anyway, I think I'd probably play for the black dudes there, that's Mordred, I think?

Back
Top Bottom