SP Native Dark Ages [WB] RAGNARÖK - Viking Calradia (v0.2) RECRUITING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, why not leave Khergits and Sarranids as they're ? as outer threads to Viking controlled lands, after all Vikings would not feel comfortable at deserts or steppe :grin:

My suggestion is

Nords- Fully Viking culture
Swadia- Something like early Normandy may be, Viking military elite rules over Frank like peasants.
Vaegirs- Like Kiev I think, again Viking military elite rules over Slavic peasants.
Rhodok- Same, people would be something like Iberians or Italians I guess.

Armies of Swadia, Veagirs and Rhodok would be like, Viking nobles and proffessional retainers supported by local auxiliary.

Swadian peasants would provide spearmen, archers, crossbows and light medium lancer cavalry, all balanced.
Vaegir peasant would provide spears, archers and light cavalry, archers are relatively good, and some cavalry uses bow in average level.
Rhodok would provide good crossbows and spearmen but no cavalry.

Development will be stuck for a week or two, sadly. My laptop broke this sunday, and I just sent it back to get it repaired yesterday. When I get it back, development will continue.

I'll need to learn how to add custom items again, kinda forgotten that. I should probably say that why the mod has been inactive for some time, is because I've been afraid of making one faction's troops to OP, as I don't know the stats of every item in the game. That's the biggest problem I'm having right now.

Mod is back up!

Sorry for the long break, I simply lost the passion for creating the mod. The mod is now back in development, though. I lost all the files I had modified and created in the previous module, so I'm starting from scratch as I write this message. Text has been updated in the first post, signature links have been removed, typos have been fixed, new header has been added.

Is anyone here good at formatting with Simple Machines? I saw some pretty good threads out there with some really nice formatting, and I'd like mine to look good as well, but I'm not too familiar with Simple Machines' BB code. Help would be appreciated :razz:

I am also looking for one or two sceners who can make norse towns.

If you want to include Diplomacy, just start with the Diplomacy source code, rather than merging it later on. :smile: (I saw in the first post that Diplomacy will be included later on)

The Dark Robin said:
If you want to include Diplomacy, just start with the Diplomacy source code, rather than merging it later on. :smile: (I saw in the first post that Diplomacy will be included later on)
Sounds like a good idea :razz:

Thanks for the tip :smile:

You will need to update to 1.158 afterward, though. (Diplomacy isn't for 1.15:cool: It's still much easier than updating to Diplomacy from 1.158.

Alright, started a poll.

Today I finished a book about an old danish viking king. In the book, he conquered England and half of Norway. This made me think; there are no factions like England in my mod. So I figured the Rhodoks were probably the closest I could get to England. So I need your vote, should the Rhodoks be like England (stay how they are) or be turned into vikings, like Swadia, Vaegirs and Nords?

I think they should stay how they are. Although I don't think that all three of the factions should be entirely Vikings. Perhaps have one of them (Swadia maybe?) as Normans. Like Inanch-Bilge's earlier suggestion. It just makes some more variation in the factions.

Normans seems like a pretty good idea.

The book I read had the Normandy in it as well, so it sounds pretty good. So, how about this?:

Normans (Kingdom of Swadia)
Vikings (Kingdom of Nords)
Vikings (Kingdom of Vaegirs)
English/Rhodoks (Kingdom of Rhodoks)
Khergits and the Sultanate would stay like they are, but without the crazy lancers, horsemen and veteran horse archers.

I'm trying to keep horses out of this as much as possible, to make it more immersive. I also really want a sailing feature, which some mods use, where the player will get a boat automatically when trying to walk on water. I just don't want to make everyting insanely slow by having horses removed, so any suggestions?

Perhaps limit horses in some way. Maybe faction limitations on how many can actually be recruited. They should be an important aspect, but maybe they could have stats set up similar to the horses in Vikingr? So that the speed is still there, but they cannot be used in the manner that the Vanilla horses are. So no barding, low armour level and health, unable to directly charge into a formation, that sort of thing. And perhaps instead of having actual lances, the cavalry can have a single throwing spear. That way if they throw it, they have to rely upon their swords.

Alright, Rhodoks are staying, it seems.

I found some good OSPs with a few models to start out with, even one for sailing. I am also sitting around in Blender to put together a few weapons.

Addition: Main post has also been heavily reworked. The rework is still in progress, as I still have a few changes I would like to be made with it.

Back
Top Bottom