MP Native [WB] Power Lords: Castles, Cities, Kings, Nobles, Taxes! NEW SCREENS JAN2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Beep, any updates? :grin:
I don't want to be ungrateful for what you're doing.. but any features you're working on atm?
What is your progress?
I don't need any screenshots or anything, just use words :smile:

delavaskez said:
Beep, any updates? :grin:
I don't want to be ungrateful for what you're doing.. but any features you're working on atm?
What is your progress?
I don't need any screenshots or anything, just use words :smile:
I dont mind ppl asking for updates and I truly appreciate that you are even interested in the mod.  It makes me want to finish it quickly and get some players online ASAP.  I just keep discovering loose ends but I've actually made alot of progress with Power Lords.  I am focused on putting together major elements of the game that are required for this to play out correctly.  Some of these game elements are very basic and/or unpolished but they are nearly all in place and highly funtional.  These things can be refined later once they are all in place and working with no errors.  I am talking about the castle capture scripts, city banners that can be taken, crowns that allow players to rule, faction recruitment stone, player housing --major things like that.  I've added some other less important stuff below.
  • I have added the sitting and kneeling animations (japanese mod) and also the ability to sit in chairs or sofas etc (tavern mod). It's pretty funny tbh. 
  • I made it where players can now use a torch to light campfires, torches on the wall, braziers, hanging lamps, blacksmith forge etc.  I might expand on the use of fire for other things like burning rival banners or burning wooden buildings. 
  • Healing wounds will probably be a lot different with the new system I'm working on.  I never liked how you use a bed and health goes up all at once so I've implemented a regeneration script that raises health slowly.  You would barely notice it moving up as you travel the map or hideout somewhere.  If a player is bleeding obviously the health does not go up but down slowly as they lose blood.  I also want to add bandages you can carry to stop the bleeding but for now you must find a healing station.  I may still use beds for resting, like maybe if a players health is less than 33% it does not regenerate and the player must rest so the body can resume healing.
  • If a wooden weapon breaks now it will disappear and that's it but I could spawn a broken weapon on the ground instead and perhaps even a broken stick left in the players hand.  It would be funny to pick up the broken end of a spear and throw it at someone out of desperation. 
  • Another thing I would like to add is a hitching post for horses so ppl cant steal them.
Tonight I was going to finish making doors repairable and also adjust the faction/crown system.  These are important for the mod to play out correctly.  I think once the doors are repairable the mod is almost ready for an open test, some of that other stuff can wait.  Now is the time for live testing and getting some player feedback.  I would like to get the opinions of players who really know this game well and are highly skilled in multiplayer but opinions from all skill levels are welcome.

I plan to repost an updated summary of what the mod is about and what I want to accomplish with it.  It is not very clear the way it is presented here so I feel I should clarify some things at some point.  For instance ppl might assume Power Lords is being built off of Persistent World 4.4 but it is not.  I have built Power Lords right on top of native only extracting certain scripts/resources from PW and adapting them to work with my mod.  So alot of the features from PW will be missing and I hope ppl arent too disappointed in that fact.  There is no fishing, hunting, farming, sailing ships etc.  There is no crafting system yet either and I'm not sure if I want to add one.  There are no classes so you dont have to train.  Each player is equal and has same stats and same access to weapons, armor, horses.  You can fight with whatever loadout you wish and there will be a premium on iron and steel since wood breaks.

Thanks for posting and if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know pls!!!

I like the bandages idea, also if you can't buy armour and you have to scavenge it/ find it, it means big clans can't just stock up there castle and everyone in their group gets gear straight away. Also with everyone the same class it brings fair game to cavalry fighting, everyone can carry a pike to counter it, and no archer class means people can't pin point their aim so they are untouchable.

If nothing is craftable, all must be looted. But does that mean on the map there are only specific loot spots or can gear spawn everywhere? Ngl it would be funny seeing an army of tin cans rushing to attack a bunch of naked soldiers in their castle.

Do you have a map for this as well? or an already created map that could be used?

As always, when you want to start testing, message me on steam, we can set up a day to do it and I can get all of the members of my regiment to participate, many are very keen for this mod.

No it wont be better than PW but thanks Cynfar.  Vornnes scripts are much better written and work perfectly because he actually knows what he is doing.  This is my first mod so there is a high chance of errors and failure.  If it does work it's only because modders like Vornne have shared their scripts and knowledge.
Swiftwisp said:
If nothing is craftable, all must be looted. But does that mean on the map there are only specific loot spots or can gear spawn everywhere?
For now there are shops to buy common items but this is a good question.  There could be some type of rare weapon spawn or a system of trading to obtain higher level weapons.  A shipping system at docks or you fight bandits that drop rare items.  Crafting is not out of the question but other ideas are welcome.
Swiftwisp said:
Do you have a map for this as well? or an already created map that could be used?
We have a test map we are finishing up but have never made a full scene before.  I would like to start a new map because the scene will have a big impact on gameplay.
Swiftwisp said:
As always, when you want to start testing, message me on steam, we can set up a day to do it and I can get all of the members of my regiment to participate, many are very keen for this mod.
Thanks Swift that would be awesome.  I am a bit curious if the scripts will be stable or if there will be lag with random horse  spawns, bandit spawns, trees regrowing, health regeneration and all that stuff running.  I want to make sure the weapon breaking script is stable with more ppl fighting at once so I'll try and let you know soon.

Some new stuff and things I forgot to mention:

Scripted a simple bandage system that seems to be working ok.
Repairable doors are working but need some adjusting. 
Crowns can now be reset so that a king can step down or transfer power of a castle to another faction member. 
You can only carry one throwing weapon per slot to limit javelins, throwing axes etc.
Nature sounds have been added for realistic background noises. 

This is awesome!!  But the crafting, one way of doing items can be that they spawn in castles/villages.

For example: Pitchforks, Basic spears, Axes, Javelins, Basic Bows should be spawned by local smith/carpenter in village (Made out of Wood that villagers cut, iron that they mine, just as NPCs). And then all stored in a carriage/caravan that moves it to a castle that 'owns' the village. But the portion of it remains in the village's shop as basic tools/weapons in a shop.

And armor, swords, longbows, crossbows, steel shields should be spawned by castle's smith but only if the IRON that was mined in village arrives to satisfy the demand for those weapons. And then portion of it gets in a carriage that is moved to CITY's shop where civilians can buy them for a price. Maybe the lord of a castle gets the money, so that he sends men to guard the caravan to ensure his payment (upon delivery).

This can make a cool economy system. Ofc you need to work it out about wood,iron... maybe organise so that specific villages product more one kind of good then others, to enhance trade..
Idk, its up to you :grin:

As of others, I LIKE IT very much :grin:

Back
Top Bottom