B Musket Era Other [WB] Pirates & Fishmod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshiboy said:
At some point I might compile a video of the changes, but perhaps a little more progress is due first.

:sad:

Too bad about all the setbacks. We appreciate you!

I disagree; it would look bad if it seemed like Yoshi was trying to harass Taleworlds into doing what he wants. It's their decision to hire him, or give him licencing on the engine etc, and if they don't think his five years of devotion is good enough to warrant a response to his questions, it's their choice and he has to accept that.

Also, a daughter? :3

Paying money to this mod, or at least demanding people to do that somehow is just ridiculous. I have inside that modding stuff to games and im working on a mod for 3 years to Arma 2. But we never think about to sell our mod. Thats why its called "mod". If you guys really trusting yourselves about making mods, then buy a game engine license and build your own game. Simple as it is.

Alper_Tunca said:
Paying money to this mod, or at least demanding people to do that somehow is just ridiculous. I have inside that modding stuff to games and im working on a mod for 3 years to Arma 2. But we never think about to sell our mod. Thats why its called "mod". If you guys really trusting yourselves about making mods, then buy a game engine license and build your own game. Simple as it is.

Yeah, no. Yoshi is not demanding anything. You are equally ridiculous, trying to prevent people from doing what they want with their creations.
Yoshi's very skilled and his mods were all more entertaining and full of new features than some of the real expansion packs you've all paid hard money for. If he feels his effort and skill should be rewarded with some money, then he should be able to do just that.

A mod is called a mod, because it modifies a game, not because it's free. So shut the hell up, you silly buffoon.

Kazzan said:
The reason why he'd want an expansion is so he could fiddle with the game engine, right?

yes, obviously. But to realize this, that would require actually reading and understanding his posts. Not just jumping the "OMG Y U SELL OUT?!!" wagon after seeing the word "money" next to "mod".

Merklir, get the sand out of your vagina. I know you are a respectable modder and I quite like you but you are being borderline offensive.

theAthenian said:
Merklir, get the sand out of your vagina. I know you are a respectable modder and I quite like you but you are being borderline offensive.

I was certainly going for offensive, thank you. It's not the first time this debate about paying for mods happened here and these holier-than-thou types always get on my nerves. And what they say is incredibly stupid, I don't mind letting them know how wrong they are.

@Alper_Tunca Licensing the engine was exactly what we were trying to do. Releasing as a paid for mod was only a second option if this wasn't possible.

I can see this thread is going down hill fast so I'm going to lock it again for now. Any queries feel free to PM or E-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom