SP Fantasy [WB] Pestis Extremus (NEW VIDEOS)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm the modder of Blood for Land and I'm currently working on a new mod.  Butterlord was a placeholder, the name of the mod will be Pestis Extremus and it will use some mechanics from Blood for Land but will hopefully be vastly improved and less exploitable.
Changes:
1 The overland map will be used and you will go about taking villages and castles via the BFL RTS style of gameplay.
2 Train times. Troops take time to train rather than just instantly appearing.
3 you use villagers to gather resources instead of auto income.
4 your enemies also use villagers to gather and you can halt their progress by killing them. You can also hire spies to see how much wealth they have.
5 troop limits: every troop has a pop limit and this can be increased with upgrades outside of the RTS battles.

6 you can also spend butter for upgrades outside of battles to decrease troop costs, unlock units, and buff your economy.
7 Your enemies will be reliant on resources like you which will greatly increase the balance of the game.
8 you can upgrade things to buff your civ and enemy levels vary as well. They might start with extra resources or have cheaper units depending on who you are attacking ( village, castle, town, hideout, encampment etc..)

There are going to be a lot more features but hopefully this new balance will please the fans of Blood for Land.
There will be a new AI that reacts to its number of troops and advances holds and retreats when needed.
VIDEOS:

In this video I'm attacking a hideout, both of our economies are pretty weak so it takes a while for us to build up a reasonable force.  As you upgrade your civ and fight tougher enemies there will be more action.  I'm also working on some things that you can do during your dead time.(other than just harvest cabbages and get your priests to the yellow arrow)

CREDITS:
I'm using the Reckoning OSPs so big thanks to La Grandmaster and all of the others:
Shredzorz - brilliant lifeless osp pack
-IYI-O-R-T- - steampunk pack

NaglFaar - Modern scene props
Johao - tavern props
Renkoo - dutch buildings

Lucke189 - for his beautiful ww1 weapons
Dain Ironfoot - 18th century uniforms
HokieBT - clothing
Moss - minimalist hud

barf - female face meshes & textures
Iboltax - male faces
Jaymosuke  - new hairs

xenoargh - various things from blood and steel osp

Colonel_Ryan - CMW OSP

Good luck!

elcapo29 said:
5 troop limits: every troop has a pop limit and this can be increased with upgrades outside of the RTS battles.

The limit would be like in Age of Empires, a number for all units? Or going to be a number for type of unit, for example, 1 knight, 1 musketeer, etc?

Hernanxd16 said:
Progress is going great. I might release a video sometime this week. The mod will be released for testing and feedback in November maybe October. There will be a lot of things Ill need to add like more characters scenes and dialogue, but the base of the game is almost finished.

I could use a watch tower model with the same diameter as the arabian lighthouse. Also new loading and main menu screens would be sweet. Im a scripter not a modeler so Ive relied on OSPs.  Credit will be given thanks!

Hernanxd16 said:
Good luck!

elcapo29 said:

The limit would be like in Age of Empires, a number for all units? Or going to be a number for type of unit, for example, 1 knight, 1 musketeer, etc?

Each unit will have their own limit, you'll see in the video Ill release this week

elcapo29 said:
Progress is going great. I might release a video sometime this week. The mod will be released for testing and feedback in November maybe October. There will be a lot of things Ill need to add like more characters scenes and dialogue, but the base of the game is almost finished.

:shock:

I filed this one away under "something to look forward to in a reasonably distant future" but am quite glad to know that isn't the case! Will that be a public release or closed testing?

Graeghan said:
elcapo29 said:

:shock:

I filed this one away under "something to look forward to in a reasonably distant future" but am quite glad to know that isn't the case! Will that be a public release or closed testing?

I will release it on steam first so I can get some feedback.  Anyone with steam will be able to install it and start testing.  A couple weeks after I will release it on ModDB

Graeghan said:
I apologize in advance for being that guy but... any news on the progress front?
I released the alpha this morning on steam thatll be my testing branch for a while. So anyone with steam can play and give feedback for now.

I have a stand-alone version or non steam however it is :razz: ..
I played Blood For Land... i didn't liked it that much but pestis extremus was cool..
"Both are same" but one grants open world and not too much slow travelling...
is there anyway we can play this without steam?

Back
Top Bottom