MP Sci-Fi [WB] Persistent Galaxies

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KT_Lawrence

Regular
PersistentGalaxiesv2_zpsc1302df2.png

About Persistent Galaxies

Hello there from the creative team of the mod in development: “Persistent Galaxies.” Since some of you are already following us on the Taleworlds forums, we would like to offer you some general information on some certain aspects of the mod in development. From what we’ve been reading on the forums, quite a number of you viewers have been wondering what era this mod will take place in. After some debate, we have decided to primarily focus on the Clone Wars era. However, those of us on the creative team have noticed from previous Star Wars RP mods such as BearForce 2 that majority of people prefer to play as Republic clone troopers rather than Separatist battle droids. With that in mind, we hope to tastefully fuse some features of the Old Republic era into the mod. What we mean when we say this is perhaps adding an imperial trooper armor set rather than limiting the player to only play as a standard B1 battle droid. We hope to give the public a wide variety of options of armor and gear when playing the mod.
    On top of the era the mod will take place in, viewers have been wondering how the map layout will look. We do not want to reveal every detail about what we are planning but we have decided to release some information about what we hope to achieve during the final stages of the product. From what we have discussed, we are setting Tatooine as our primary map choice. Our team has researched and incorporated Star Wars lore in the hopes of allowing far better roleplay than that of other persistent mods. For example, we plan to set Bestine (The capital of Tatooine) as the commoner town. Around the map will be other memorable towns such as Anchorhead and Mos Eisley to enhance the overall role-playing experience.
    Well, that is all we would like to reveal today. Of course we have more thoughts on what we hope to achieve in the development of this mod, but will post those on a later date. Thank you to all of you that have put your faith in our development team to deliver what you will be waiting for in this coming future. We will continue to post more possible features in the coming weeks.

Features

• New factions: Separatist, The Republic, Tatooine Security Force (Made up of different Races hired to guard Tatooine) The Death Watch (Outlaws), and Tatooine Natives.
    [*]New Custom Maps: Tatooine (others to Come)
    [*]Weapons: Lightsabers, Blaster rifles, Blaster pistols
    [*]Mounts: Instead of horses we are using Speeders
    [*]New Ores to mine: Lightsaber Crystals shards, Durasteel, and Mandalorian Iron.
    [*]New music
    [*]New Armour
    [*]New Classes
    [*]New Sounds
    [*]New Rules
    [*]New Base System, so no more castles.

Credits
Lawrence- Leader, Scener, and Modeler
Knightly Knight- Coding
Chill Brah- Modeling/Scenery
Negast-Modeling
Thanks for the few others lending us a hand

I need a full team. Got a few members so far but need more. If you think you can help add me to steam: Lawrence :cool:

Were_M_Eye said:
Persistent Science Fiction?
Not one univers.. more like three.
Imagine PW-Mod with Star Wars, Star Trek and Aliens with the Predators!
A clash of generations.

How does this fits?

Same idea i had dude! Lets group up!

Cool idea, but here are some ideas...

1. Don't name it star wars, but rather inspire it from star wars that you get your own sub mod (which many mods die from lacking of) and allows you freedom of creating your own content, mixing ideas from other places/your own (without people complaining) and lets you create your own lore. Example would be giving races/weapons a different name, etc.

2. Somehow fix the flux of jedi/sith. Ever hear of star wars galaxies? (Pre-update). Make it attainable by all, but make it a hard goal to strive for. (The other star wars mod died slightly because of too much jedi). Another thing to think of is the era...everyone does the rebellion/empire era. Try the Old Republic (which would explain multiple jedi AND people could play as Sith troopers, and give life to the Sith other than feeling like useless robots) or perhaps the clone wars, or once again make a new IP.

Another thing I notice is in the RP worlds..there isn't much RP, other than made up stories. Create a story line and events for people to Rp to, aswell as their own RP! Having a community persistent with the RP AND combat will make for a much larger and dedicated one.

Good luck, and have fun.

What I think is you should fix that by making being a Jedi very expensive, around a 100k to for starter items, and possibly make only certain faction lord classes have enough strength to wield lightsabers, so that would limit the number of Jedi and allow a greater focus on rp. After all, in the clone wars and many other republic wars, there was one Jedi knight or master to lead a army on a planet, only one with the excuse of one or two apprentices.

ClockworkMishap said:
Cool idea, but here are some ideas...

1. Don't name it star wars, but rather inspire it from star wars that you get your own sub mod (which many mods die from lacking of) and allows you freedom of creating your own content, mixing ideas from other places/your own (without people complaining) and lets you create your own lore. Example would be giving races/weapons a different name, etc.

2. Somehow fix the flux of jedi/sith. Ever hear of star wars galaxies? (Pre-update). Make it attainable by all, but make it a hard goal to strive for. (The other star wars mod died slightly because of too much jedi). Another thing to think of is the era...everyone does the rebellion/empire era. Try the Old Republic (which would explain multiple jedi AND people could play as Sith troopers, and give life to the Sith other than feeling like useless robots) or perhaps the clone wars, or once again make a new IP.

Another thing I notice is in the RP worlds..there isn't much RP, other than made up stories. Create a story line and events for people to Rp to, aswell as their own RP! Having a community persistent with the RP AND combat will make for a much larger and dedicated one.

Good luck, and have fun.

Thanks for the feedback so early in our stages ClockworkMishap. For your first concern, I do not believe we are going to have "Star Wars" directly in the title. As for your second thought, I believe with all the variety of classes and factions we are going to incorporate, not everyone will want to play as a Jedi or Sith 24/7. Some may even find it far more enjoyable to play as a trooper. As for the era, I believe we have decided to begin in the Clone Wars era. That does not necessarily mean we are going to limit ourselves to just that. Perhaps if the mod takes off, on the next update you may find a brand new map or a new era all-together. The possibilities are endless in the Star Wars universe.

Cairn Curio said:
What I think is you should fix that by making being a Jedi very expensive, around a 100k to for starter items, and possibly make only certain faction lord classes have enough strength to wield lightsabers, so that would limit the number of Jedi and allow a greater focus on rp.

Believe me friend, our creative team is working very hard to introduce a heavy RP feel within this mod. We do not want to fail where other persistent mods have in certain aspects such as incorporating RP and allowing RDM. We value the quality of our mod and will not tolerate such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom