SP Native [WB][OSP] Tama's Enchanced Native Mod (attackable townsfolk and stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello there, yesterday I wanted to play some warband single player and said why not arrange it just a little bit to suit my tastes a bit. A Bit. It turned awesome so far so i decided to share it with the community. It works with the steam version of warband and quite possibly save games from native might work too.

For people who'd like to play warband again but can't quite gather the courage to do so, this mod is especially for you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvC0xVuBv2Ezugo3Yrrx3UPRYfhSQ - Download Link

Change 1:
First I included the OSP tavern animation pack.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299774.0.html
Thanks a lot to these guys for their amazing work.

Change 2:
Then I copied over the shieldbash scripts and animation from ElvenPath and edited it to work on singleplayer. You can use shield bashing by pressing middle mouse button. (Sorry if the key mapping is too weird for you in advance.)
The shield bash system delivers damage based on your power strike skill. It's basically Works the same as the kick except your legs are unhindered when you do it.

Change 3:
After that I said, why not make npc's in towns attackable. Then I made them attackable. However to make it more realistic, first you start a brawl by doing so. At this point you can stop the brawl if you hold block long enough. However if you continually harrass the townsfolk the guards will be enraged, or if you kill someone. The guards will attack you at that point. Tab Key won't work. And civilians will try to escape. For every two escaped civilians another guard will reinforce the guards that were allready on the scene. And your relation with the town will degrade along with the town lord. Also made it work in the tavern too!

Change 4:
Changed the natives codes that spawned the town guards to actually pull soldiers from the garrison. Also changed the reinforcement codes from "Change 3" to do the same. Finally, added a script to remove dead soldiers, and wound wounded soldiers to top it off. No soldiers in garrison means no soldiers to guard the streets. Haven't tested but should also work well with prison escape quest.

Note to self: Reported bugs and a suggestion by xaliber

Change 5:
I've added Combat Animation Enhancement mod by Papa Lazarou

Change 6:
I've added Realistic Colors v1.22 mod by Lucke189

Change 7:
I've added Native Onehanded Crossbows pack by Maroon

Change 8:
Now attacking people in towns also deteriorate relations with the town itself and its faction too along with towns lord.

And also increases bounty. Bounty is a new stat like renown and honor, but it will enable for us to be friends with bandits. We can became a fugitive and so on imagine the rest. Currently bounty is not fully implemented. It is only affected by attacking people in towns. In the future I want to make it anchored so deep into gameplay like tes: oblivion or something. Check out Change 9 for tes:eek:blivion like guards in towns.

Change 9:
Towns gets alarmed if hostile activities or a fugitive is on the loose. Shops gets closed, civilian don't go out into the streets, extra guards pop up and guards patrol the streets. And if the guards spot the fugitive, they will ask for his bounty money or attack depending on the level of bounty. This alarmed state in towns goes on for 2 hours. After that everything is back to normal. In this state guards will also try to close the gates so the player cannot escape without a fight.

I think this last update completes all the "attackable townsfolk" related features to make it seem realistic and polished. But I still need to work this magic on Castles and Villages.

Change 10:
Townsfolk now look at others around them instead of acting like morons

Change 11:
I made and then included my own parallax shader OSP Kit: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,351946.0.html

Change 12:
I have added SSAO to the postFX with the help of YoshiBoy's blog. His example code really pulled through. http://theorangeduck.com/page/pure-depth-ssao

Change 13:
Added Dynamic Parallax Occlusion with soft self-shadowing. Visible on walls.

Altough this mod is OSP, not all the contents are made by me. "Change 1" for example. If you like to use it, please credit the following community members alongside myself.

Thanks to:
Slawomir of Aaarrghh for his amazing work on the OSP tavern animations pack.
Papa Lazarou for the awesome job he pulled with the Combat Animation Enhancement mod.
Lucke189 because his Realistic Colors is just perfect for my taste.
Maroon for the nice one handed crossbow meshes that fits native perfectly.
Yoshiboy for his unyielding commitment to advance himself and for writing such an awesome blog. Not to mentions years of taleworlds community service.

Please post here if you encounter any bugs or weirdness. I'll add more changes as i think of. So stay tuned and also you can suggest new ideas that doesn't compromise native much.

Changes 2 & 3 Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDYYCaHB7c8&feature=youtu.be

Ideas for Future:
:party: Getting in prison if knocked uncounscious.

Bounty to go alongside with Renown and Honor. Lawless actions will increase it, resulting in stuff like manhunters and lords hunting us on the map based on our renown and also some epic classified bandit stuff im not gonna spoil yet.

Sal_TheConqueror said:
Could it be possible in case of a siege to sneak in with a pack "of 20 good men" and slaughter the townfolk , the guards etc. effectivley destroying their morale and the prosperity of the city ?
And destroying food stores.

Polychrome said:
Villages and castles will have attackable npcs soon, too! However, you shouldn't think villages will be a consequence-free rampage just because they don't have guards... :wink:

zoo889 said:
You should make it so that equipment might be looted from dead guards or citizens, and also maybe a fixed amount of money?
Forgive me good sir, but this suggestion seems nab. It turns the whole ordeal into battle? However there should be a money pouch model in ElvenPath. I can make the pouch as a drop after killing someone and when it's picked, you receive some money. Better^^

Gonna be written from scratch cuz  it's ancient and weird. Originally idea by Arch3r.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68264.0.html

After that I said, why not make npc's in towns attackable. Then I made them attackable. However to make it more realistic, first you start a brawl by doing so. At this point you can stop the brawl if you hold block long enough. However if you continually harrass the townsfolk the guards will be enraged, or if you kill someone. The guards will attack you at that point. And civilians will try to escape. For every two escaped civilians another guard will reinforce the guards that were allready on the scene. And your relation with the town will degrade. Also made it work in the tavern too!

That actually sounds pretty cool. I might give this a go just for that.

Thanks for the enthusiasm! I just made a short video demonstrating the changes 2 and 3. Currently its being uploaded to youtube. So stay tuned!

Edit: The demonstration video will be shown in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDYYCaHB7c8&feature=youtu.be after its processed by youtube.

Edit2: It's processed and available to watch now.

Could it be possible in case of a siege to sneak in with a pack "of 20 good men" and slaughter the townfolk , the guards etc. effectivley destroying their morale and the prosperity of the city ?

Sal_TheConqueror said:

But sir, that's a grand idea! HAHAH! I have to make it, also destroying food resources^^ Thanks!

Hey. Tama asked me to post. :mrgreen:

So I thought I'd give y'all a leak! ^^
Villages and castles will have attackable npcs soon, too! However, you shouldn't think villages will be a consequence-free rampage just because they don't have guards... :wink:

Froi said:
Share your damn cookies.

Finally! Someone noticed! THANKS!

zoo889 said:
You should make it so that equipment might be looted from dead guards or citizens, and also maybe a fixed amount of money?

Forgive me good sir, but this suggestion seems nab. It turns the whole ordeal into battle? However there should be a money pouch model in ElvenPath. I can make the pouch as a drop after killing someone and when it's picked, you receive some money. Better^^

Although I respect your decision to keep it native as much , I'd strongly advise against it , there's so much content out there that makes mostly native mods "bleeeh" (atleast imo) . Best of luck anyway , I am thrilled to see this mod in the complete state .

Back
Top Bottom