SP Dark Ages Fantasy [WB] Nordland

Users who are viewing this thread

@ Owen Wulfson, you can already marry a female faction leader, however it's pretty buggy since your wife always rewards you with fiefs but you do share control over the kingdom.

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
@ Owen Wulfson, you can already marry a female faction leader, however it's pretty buggy since your wife always rewards you with fiefs but you do share control over the kingdom.

Probably not something you  would consider for the first release then I suppose. Thank you for the response.

Quick question

(I know I am double posting but I was hoping to ask)

Will you try implementing naval mechanics into the game such as ship combat and boarding action? That was a pretty big part of viking culture but at the same time there are ups and downs with the current setups I have seen.

P.S., if you want me to remove this post and put it in my previous post above I will do so.

Eventually I'll add naval combat and the likes (It's on the planned features list), but for the time being I'm going to be adding minor factions, renaming lords, adding new items and completely removing native items (Except for a few I've edited).

I don't mind double posting, it bumps my thread up after all. :razz:

Well, this thread has been down a while. I was wondering though, how were you going to handle companions? I mean, it seems almost accepted that there will be some who start out at low levels and others that start out at the higher levels.

That said, the ones who start off at the higher levels are usually a waste of time. Sure, you might want one to tag along for the sake of appearances but the best companions are always the ones who start off at levels 1-3 and can be leveled and molded for specific purposes. That is why I always liked Ymira in the vanilla game because you could make her into an efficient character by level 15 and why I disliked Matheld because she starts out at level 7 and isn't geared for anything but fighting.

I'm going to remake the companions, but keep their old stats. They'll still have back stories that are consistent with their native stats so don't worry about inconsistency. However I've disabled the companions until I've finished the dialogue options.

Heya!. I found this mod a month ago and it looks very good, what i wanted to ask is what music will be in this mod? (what i mean is who is the author). good luck with the mod btw  :wink:

P.S. sorry for the horrible english :grin:

@ Einoriukazz, I'll most likely get the ambient sound track OSP available on this forum, since I can't get enough songs to replace the current sound track. There are various authors, including my friend who made one atmospheric sound track, I've also taken several acoustic/atmospheric tracks from various bands and creative commons sites, since they accompany the setting fairly well.

To my dismay, I can't remember all of the artists, which is incredibly foolish of me, and I regret not writing their names down. The ones I can remember are below.

Here are the artists:

Bathory (Black/Viking Metal): 3 songs, heimfard, Song to Hall Up High and the intro for Nordland part 1

Eternum (Atmospheric Black Metal): 1 song, Written Upon Nether Winds

Heidevolk (Black/Viking Metal): 1 song, Dageraad

My friend, who usually makes techno music, made 1 atmospheric song for me (Which used folk instruments), which is untitled, if you like techno, check out his soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/dj-cuddlepuffzz

I hope this was helpful.

I wish this mod goodluck!

I'd advise using open source mods like improved faces. Using the vanilla ones is a bad move as they look like Aliens

Yes, thanks for the info :smile:. ill have to look these artists up. But if you lack some atmospheric music you should check out "AdrianvonZiegler" on YouTube. he has composed viking songs and other. or maybe Wardruna, the band that made some of the soundtrack for the tv show vikings. These would fit quite well in the mod in my oppinion  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom