SP Native [WB] New Recruitment System for Lords and Player

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm working on a mini mod that is going to change a couple of core mechanics with the game.
AI Lords and the player now have to raise levies from villages they own, hire elites from castles or towns that they own.
Villages have a recruitable population, high prosperity in the village causes this pop to increase faster and be able to get higher. Castles and Towns have a similiar a system.

Goal: create a mod that is challenging but when you defeat an AI Lord or take all of his fiefs he is nearly powerless. Eg. If a faction only has one castle, one village and 6 Lords only 2 of the Lords can muster any local troops. The other four have to buy mercs or round up peasant fighters and they probably wont have much wealth to do so.

Lords will also take longer to round up an army even if they have fiefs and will use the same system as the player.

Other additions:
You can have children with wenches or your wife. After about 60 days they can join your party as a companion.

You can recruit bandits from lairs if you have low honor.

Probably a few more in time but I want to start by perfecting the recruitment system.

Interesting. Quick question though, how would a weak lord get powerful, if they already are quite weak and cannot defeat enemies on their own? Basically, it feels like, without player intervention, a weak faction will remain weak, and a strong faction will continue being strong.

Perhaps weak factions are more likely to make alliances, hence able to survive and go beyond their current station?

Khamukkamu said:
Interesting. Quick question though, how would a weak lord get powerful, if they already are quite weak and cannot defeat enemies on their own? Basically, it feels like, without player intervention, a weak faction will remain weak, and a strong faction will continue being strong.

Perhaps weak factions are more likely to make alliances, hence able to survive and go beyond their current station?
That's a really good question. Garrisons will be powerful and will allow a weak faction to destroy a large portion of a strong factions army. This will open up an opportunity for a counter attack. But if the faction is down to their last couple fiefs they will probably be out of luck in this mod without a lot of player intervention.
In the end I want troops to have to come from somewhere. AI lords getting large auto wealth and automatically getting troops isnt going to happen in this mod so we will see how that plays out when I release the alpha. I think we will find a good balance over time though.

Back
Top Bottom