SP Native [WB] Native Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

About the mod:
Enhanced Edition is a vanilla based mod which aims to implement as much gameplay related features as possible without bloat.

For those of you that played my version of 1257AD, much of the features listed here are already known, since i'm using much of the stuff that i made and learned from there here.

Main features:
Freelancer (Updated version from Floris)
Custom Troop Trees
KAOS Political KIT (Start as King, Prince or Vassal).
Troop Ratio Bar and kill count in battles.
Change your kingdom culture and thus your troops, reinforcements and fief scene guards
Game menus to change various things (e.g. bandit respawn rates, merchant inventory item count, leadership skill bonus on party size).
All new random Lord creation system (can be turned off in the menus).
Lords can killed, assassinated or executed by the player or other lords (can be turned off in the menus).
Viking Conquest trigger format that increases performance and decreases map lag.
Added Forager Skill.
Factions will spawn scouts, patrols, foragers, war parties, mercenary companies.
Replaced world map textures with new ones from World Map HD v1.2
Overhauled Constable prisoner options: He can now buy prisoners just like ransom brokers, ransom companions, vassals or even friendly lords (10 or more relation) of factions you don't have major issues with (minimum -5 relation).
Added Civil War (if a number of lords get disgruntled by their faction leader, there's a chance they will split the faction in two starting a civil war). Can be turned off in the menus.
Added Viking Conquest improve equipment feature (talk to a armorsmith or weaponsmith in a town to improve your equipment).
Added bodysliding feature from 1257AD
Added lance recruitment from 1257AD
Implemented new improved death camera
Added Outposts
Added Permanent Camps
Added ability to make Wagon Trains
Motomaru's Campaign AI fixes and tweaks (lord's take action much earlier in game and are more consistent on their actions)
Quasar's siege ladder pack (2 or more ladders in sieges)
New female face textures
Political World Map presentation under reports
Perfect Troop Trees presentation under reports
Salt Mine
Floris Banking System (modified by me to allow deposits with interest + buying land on villages)
Font from 1257AD

New Factions (off map that can invade):
Aurelian Empire
Based on: Western Roman Empire
Specializes in: Heavy infantry, Auxilia troops.
Can invade: Sarranid Sultanate, Kingdom of Rhodoks.

Great Horde (vanilla lore)
Based on: Chinese
Specializes in: Light Infantry, Lancers, Crossbows
Can invade: Sarranid Sultanate, Khergit Khanate.

Geroia (vanilla lore)
Based on: Spain
Specializes in: Firearms, Pikemen
Can invade: Kingdom of Rhodoks, Kingdom of Swadia.

Balion (vanilla lore)
Based on: Kingdom of England
Specializes in: Heavy cavalry, Longbowman
Can invade: Kingdom of Nords, Kingdom of Swadia.

Nicomedian Empire
Based on: Byzantine Empire
Specializes in: Heavy Cavalry, Horse archers, Swordsmen, Skirmishers
Can invade: Kingdom of Nords, Kingdom of Vaegirs.

Barbarian Tribes
Based on: Gauls
Specializes in: Spearman, Skirmishers
Can invade: Any factions bordering the center of Calradia
The factions will spawn parties in the map every once in a while (Their numbers vary).
There's a chance that they will try to invade properly by sending some of their lords to capture fiefs. If they succeed, they begin to act as a normal faction that the player can interact or join.

Other features
(The list is quite long so i decided to use pastebin for that)

Download

Changelog

Credits

I'm currently recruiting. I need someone to do the item and troop balancing while i fix and add the other things. This will greatly reduce the release time. Anyone interested can post or send me a PM.

Holy smoke, this came out of nowhere. And the new features that you listed are awesome! It's amazing that you also add faction based on the lore of Calradia.

Anyway, some features I suggest adding to 'enhance' it even further.

- Dickplomacy's brothel system, no need for the NSFW content but it gave you a choice whether to release the ladies or make some 'coins'. A mine system or sort could be nice too (work the slaves! :twisted:)
- Overhead stabbing for spears (one handed and two handed), dickplomacy has it and it's open source too!
- Neutral camps for the new factions that works like a trading hub for exclusive items and recruiting.
- If you plan on adding an option to disable lance recruitment, will there be a castle recruitment for noble troop trees or something like that?

Names recommendation

Jumne and Nords
This is rather simple, as the vanilla Kingdom of Nords uses common Nordic names like Olaf, Ragnar, etc.
Halvor
Vuldir
Gunder
Aleifr
Gunvalder
Ivor
Raganhar
Tyge

Tsardom of Ruslan and Vaegirs
Boleglek
Waldocha
Fedor
Georcha
Grigorcy
Vlas
Yurcy

Totenkopf900 said:
I like the lance recruitment from 1257, probably the most accurate to reality, glad to see it making its way in another mod, btw, what about some screenshots.
No screenshots at the moment because i still merging the things. I posted here to receive feedback and maybe find people willing to help in the item and troop balancing (and if successful reducing the development time).

Cokjan said:
Holy smoke, this came out of nowhere. And the new features that you listed are awesome! It's amazing that you also add faction based on the lore of Calradia.

Anyway, some features I suggest adding to 'enhance' it even further.

- Dickplomacy's brothel system, no need for the NSFW content but it gave you a choice whether to release the ladies or make some 'coins'. A mine system or sort could be nice too (work the slaves! :twisted:)
- Overhead stabbing for spears (one handed and two handed), dickplomacy has it and it's open source too!
- Neutral camps for the new factions that works like a trading hub for exclusive items and recruiting.
- If you plan on adding an option to disable lance recruitment, will there be a castle recruitment for noble troop trees or something like that?

Names recommendation

Jumne and Nords
This is rather simple, as the vanilla Kingdom of Nords uses common Nordic names like Olaf, Ragnar, etc.
Halvor
Vuldir
Gunder
Aleifr
Gunvalder
Ivor
Raganhar
Tyge

Tsardom of Ruslan and Vaegirs
Boleglek
Waldocha
Fedor
Georcha
Grigorcy
Vlas
Yurcy
I forgot to mention that i'm already using Dickplomacy v4.3.0.7b (not reloaded) as a base.
The neutral camp idea is very good. I'll add it.
About recruitment: This a difficult decision. Since i'm copying 1257 lance stuff the option to use vanilla recruitment is there by default. I don't know about creating Noble trees because i'm not that creative in this type of thing. That's why i posted here this early to get suggestions from the community.
And thanks for the names.

KratosMKII said:
I forgot to mention that i'm already using Dickplomacy v4.3.0.7b (not reloaded) as a base.
The neutral camp idea is very good. I'll add it.
About recruitment: This a difficult decision. Since i'm copying 1257 lance stuff the option to use vanilla recruitment is there by default. I don't know about creating Noble trees because i'm not that creative in this type of thing. That's why i posted here this early to get suggestions from the community.
And thanks for the names.

Good to hear that then, Dickplomacy certainly has some QoL features.

Perhaps you could also take some inspiration from Gekokujo's neutral forts too. Where you can besiege the fort and when you take it, they provide you with unique fodder troops or some goods.

The names I provided still does not have the calradian vibe to it though. I still don't understand how Taleworlds name the characters, maybe they are European with some Turkish mixed?

Regarding troop trees, the noble troops could start with 'squires' and ends up a knight. I wish I could help you with adding new items and troops but alas I currently don't have the time to mod things. So here I am ready to help you with suggestions and feedbacks.

Oh and by the way, are you going to rework all the items? Like replace the native armors with high quality stuff, or maintain the native feeling (Fred's bunch of armours are Godsend)

good luck with your mod

I am unsure about the name tho. It sounds too official, like a expansion and special edition made by TW, and not a fan made mod. I personally would look for a alternative one, in special considering that you are not just fixing game bugs and adding like higher res textures (HD edition) or something, but you are making a new game (new factions, new features, etc) based on Native.

a distinct name like Floris and Diplomacy have (two classic Native expansions with unique names) would help identify your project for its unique contribution in the future.

kalarhan said:
good luck with your mod

I am unsure about the name tho. It sounds too official, like a expansion and special edition made by TW, and not a fan made mod. I personally would look for a alternative one, in special considering that you are not just fixing game bugs and adding like higher res textures (HD edition) or something, but you are making a new game (new factions, new features, etc) based on Native.

a distinct name like Floris and Diplomacy have (two classic Native expansions with unique names) would help identify your project for its unique contribution in the future.

True, and there is already a mod called Warband Enhanced
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,245269.0.html

Cokjan said:
Good to hear that then, Dickplomacy certainly has some QoL features.

1. Perhaps you could also take some inspiration from Gekokujo's neutral forts too. Where you can besiege the fort and when you take it, they provide you with unique fodder troops or some goods.

2. The names I provided still does not have the calradian vibe to it though. I still don't understand how Taleworlds name the characters, maybe they are European with some Turkish mixed?

3. Regarding troop trees, the noble troops could start with 'squires' and ends up a knight. I wish I could help you with adding new items and troops but alas I currently don't have the time to mod things. So here I am ready to help you with suggestions and feedbacks.

4. Oh and by the way, are you going to rework all the items? Like replace the native armors with high quality stuff, or maintain the native feeling (Fred's bunch of armours are Godsend)
1. That's another good idea.
2. I still don't know too. Names for the new factions will be easier since i will use real life examples (e.g. Geroian = italian names). If do not manage to collect enough names before release i will just use RL names.
3. Yes. e.g. Swadia and Balion could have their knight lines assigned to the noble line.
4. Doesn't dickplomacy does this already? If not do you have any OSP's links that replace vanilla equipment textures that i could use (i already downloaded fred's stuff btw)?

kalarhan said:
good luck with your mod

Totenkopf900 said:
kalarhan said:
good luck with your mod

True, and there is already a mod called Warband Enhanced
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,245269.0.html
I changed Warband to Native.

KratosMKII said:
1. That's another good idea.
2. I still don't know too. Names for the new factions will be easier since i will use real life examples (e.g. Geroian = italian names). If do not manage to collect enough names before release i will just use RL names.
3. Yes. e.g. Swadia and Balion could have their knight lines assigned to the noble line.
4. Doesn't dickplomacy does this already? If not do you have any OSP's links that replace vanilla equipment textures that i could use (i already downloaded fred's stuff btw)?

2. Actually, what do you think of the Geroians as Hispanic (a Spanish faction)? A mixed faction that uses half plates and other 'out of the world' 16th century armors. Italian are pretty well covered by the Rhodoks I'd say.
4. I took a look, and Dickplomacy only replaces some weapons with better models, some new horses, buffed up body, NSFW stuff. Also adds a gun but I don't know where to find it in-game.
5. New suggestion, an enhancement for the Siege Scenes. There are Quasar's Siege Ladders which add 2 ladder per siege, and also the Native Scene Replacement Pack, careful adding this OSP though, I don't know if it can break Dickplomacy's brothel or not.

Sure I'll find some OSP's. Fred could maintain the 'native' feeling, or you could use other high quality OSP like Crusaders Way to Expiation. Which type do you have in mind?

Cokjan said:
2. Actually, what do you think of the Geroians as Hispanic (a Spanish faction)? A mixed faction that uses half plates and other 'out of the world' 16th century armors. Italian are pretty well covered by the Rhodoks I'd say.
4. I took a look, and Dickplomacy only replaces some weapons with better models, some new horses, buffed up body, NSFW stuff. Also adds a gun but I don't know where to find it in-game.
5. New suggestion, an enhancement for the Siege Scenes. There are Quasar's Siege Ladders which add 2 ladder per siege, and also the Native Scene Replacement Pack, careful adding this OSP though, I don't know if it can break Dickplomacy's brothel or not.

Sure I'll find some OSP's. Fred could maintain the 'native' feeling, or you could use other high quality OSP like Crusaders Way to Expiation. Which type do you have in mind?
2. I assumed they were based on Genoa because of the name. But the Rhodoks already exist so another crossbow focused faction wouldn't add anything  that the game doesn't already have. I will make them a spanish faction like you suggested.
4. Is there any OSPs that deal with adding higher quality textures for vanilla armors?
5. Wouldn't the second conflict with the first?

About the OSPs: I am going to add the european helmets and arab/turk armors from CWE.

Is the mod gonna be strict to a certain period or we will have different types of armors and weapons?I ask because since the Geroians are going to be based on Spain they could maybe have firearms, I know that this can be a deal breaker for some people so I would understand the exclusion of firearms.

Totenkopf900 said:
Is the mod gonna be strict to a certain period or we will have different types of armors and weapons?I ask because since the Geroians are going to be based on Spain they could maybe have firearms, I know that this can be a deal breaker for some people so I would understand the exclusion of firearms.
Most of the equipment i'm going to add is from the 13-15th centuries (those are my favorites) but since there's a roman faction you'll see imperial era roman equipment, as well as some barbarian armors (all of those from Mount & Gladius OSP).

About Geroia: My intention is to add firearms to then, but once the first version is released i will make a poll to decide whether to give them guns or not.

Wow, some polls!

Personally I do prefer the village, town, and castle recruits.
Village being peasant levies (cheap cannon fodder folks using weapons like axes, forks, bows, javelins, and spears)
Townies being militia (a bit pricey folks armed with a shield from the beginning, weapon uses are also determined by faction e.g nords use axes)
Castles being professional troops (expensive folks equipped with good equipment and with skill, can upgrade to cavalry)
Also mercenaries as semi professional soldiers, expensive recruitment but normal upkeep.

Each faction has it's unique troops too, for example Balion having a longbow from the village branch. Nords having powerful infantry both from villages, towns, and castles (differences are only the equipment maybe)
Just a few cents of mine!

Regarding guns, are you going to use Muskets or Hand Cannon?

Also, I thought you are going to use Byzantine Rome for the new faction, not the Imperial one. Looking forward to it as it's way more interesting to have an Imperial Roman one. (Careful on the armor selection though, mixed osps sometimes look weird as they are made from different creators)

Waka The Fox said:
well I love your 1257AD mod so I really look forward to this mod. just please try to keep a consistent style with the item models you use if you add any.
Yes i will only add equipment that reflects a faction culture. I will try to make the troops uniform and reflective of their faction's culture.

Cokjan said:
Wow, some polls!

Personally I do prefer the village, town, and castle recruits.
Village being peasant levies (cheap cannon fodder folks using weapons like axes, forks, bows, javelins, and spears)
Townies being militia (a bit pricey folks armed with a shield from the beginning, weapon uses are also determined by faction e.g nords use axes)
Castles being professional troops (expensive folks equipped with good equipment and with skill, can upgrade to cavalry)
Also mercenaries as semi professional soldiers, expensive recruitment but normal upkeep.

Each faction has it's unique troops too, for example Balion having a longbow from the village branch. Nords having powerful infantry both from villages, towns, and castles (differences are only the equipment maybe)
Just a few cents of mine!

1. Regarding guns, are you going to use Muskets or Hand Cannon?

2. Also, I thought you are going to use Byzantine Rome for the new faction, not the Imperial one. Looking forward to it as it's way more interesting to have an Imperial Roman one. (Careful on the armor selection though, mixed osps sometimes look weird as they are made from different creators)
Since people have voted for the 1257 troop tree format i'm going to use that. It will take a lot of work so i'm going to release the first version without any of the new items nor troops (just the QoL features) to gain feedback and attract people interested in helping.

1. Matchlocks. But they will be limited to a few geroian units.

2. I decided to substitute Ruslan with a Byzantine inspired faction. Ruslan would add nothing that the Vaegirs don't already have. Jumne may go to the block too unless i make the Nords more feudalized with some cavalry and uniformity of armor.

https://pastebin.com/Da9dAWTB

So this is the planned troop trees. Feedback is appreciated.

I removed Jumne (not much difference from the Nords) and it will stay that way unless i or someone else come up with a ideas.

Back
Top Bottom