SP Fantasy [WB] Narnia: The Golden Age

Users who are viewing this thread

CutContent said:
The centaur being chopped in half is genius, now to add a mission trigger so when the troop is dismounted for him to be delivered damage and die for added realism

Looks like he already did that.
Leikeze said:
I created a script that kills a centaur man if he does not have a horse and kills a centaur horse without a man on top.

I wonder how it would be possible to keep the body together upon death... The only thing coming to mind for me is to remove the mesh of the man's body and replace the mesh of the centaur body with a new mesh that has a body attached to it (not as a rider, but just part of the mesh... It wouldn't be able to be rigged, but it would stay with the horse half... I'm not sure if that is possible or not.

Mandible said:
I wonder how it would be possible to keep the body together upon death... The only thing coming to mind for me is to remove the mesh of the man's body and replace the mesh of the centaur body with a new mesh that has a body attached to it (not as a rider, but just part of the mesh... It wouldn't be able to be rigged, but it would stay with the horse half... I'm not sure if that is possible or not.

What about gear though? It would disappear when he dies.

Mandible said:
It's never going to be perfect... I'm just trying to think up a situation where you don't have the centaur chopped in half.

I'm not sure which one is worse.
Hitting a centaur with a club and watching him fly apart, or killing a heavily armored centaur only to realize he must not of had his armor fastened properly. :grin:

Leikeze said:
Mandible said:
It's never going to be perfect... I'm just trying to think up a situation where you don't have the centaur chopped in half.

I'm not sure which one is worse.
Hitting a centaur with a club and watching him fly apart, or killing a heavily armored centaur only to realize he must not of had his armor fastened properly. :grin:

For that, you'd just need to make the extra mesh have the armor on it as well. It would be doable. Just don't go overboard with too many centaur armor variations and it shouldn't be too bad.

Think of it like the decapitations in Vikingr.

Damage is dealt in the right area.
The head mesh is removed via code (or replaced with a bloody stump helmet mesh? I'm not sure exactly).
A new mesh of a bloody head is spawned in the area and falls to the ground.

In your case, it would be like this:

Damage is dealt to the Centaur. (enough to kill it)
The "rider" is removed entirely via code.
The horse half is replaced with a special mesh of horse with body attached to it (this mesh can also have armor on it that matches the armor that the original troop had), which then dies (hopefully in a way that doesn't make the animation look stupid).

Something like that that? Someone with actual coding knowledge would have to confirm whether this is possible (and actually do the work...)

Leikeze said:
I created a script that kills a centaur man if he does not have a horse and kills a centaur horse without a man on top.
Wasn't that an open source code already?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,87851.msg2320543.html#msg2320543

Leikeze said:
I released a beta for this mod. It's not too bad considering it's my first mod(and probably my last). It probably won't get any further than this. I realize now the amount of work that goes into a mod. It was fun to make though and maybe some people will find it somewhat fun to play.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mount-and-blade-narnia-mod/downloads/narnia-the-golden-age-v01-beta

Leikeze

Congratulations on releasing a beta version.  :grin:

Anyone modding soon realises what a mammoth task they've taken on and we're only scratching the surface. TW probably needed a bigger team to deliver Bannerlord to their original timescales.

Back
Top Bottom