B Medieval [WB] Mount and Blade Crusader (Looking for team)

Users who are viewing this thread

Z.Master

Squire
logo.png

This is my first topic about mode so i don't know what i need to write.

This mode is based on game Stronghold Crusader from 2002.

Story:
During the Third Crusade, Christian forces invaded the Holy Land, captured Jaffa, then stalled and failed to capture Jerusalem. They fought several bloody battles and countless skirmishes against Saladin, but neither side won a decisive victory. Eventually the cost of maintaining an army so far removed from Europe forced a peace accord and a withdrawal -- Saladin triumphed.

Lords:
The Rat (Duc de Puce): The Rat was raised as an only child in lands belonging to the de Puce family. The duke showed his mother favour ensuring that she never paid taxes and always had enough to get by. One day a messenger came by and it was revealed that his father was the same Duc de Puce whom his mother had once worked for as a serving wench. Due to an unfortunate accident the entire de Puce family had been lost at sea whilst returning from holiday leaving the Rat as next in line to inherit the title of Duke. As an attacking opponent,the Rat is the weakest opponent, attacking only with poorly armoured spearmen with no siege weapons and only a few archers. Defensively, the Rat is the second easiest castle to besiege after the Sultan's castle. The Rat's economy tends to be relatively stable and reliable, certainly more so than the non-farming Sultan.

The Snake (Duc Beauregard): The Snake was once governor of some of the richest provinces in the homeland where he made an extremely fruitful living from underdeclaring the taxes he collected but, when the king found out, he had him posted here to the 'new colonies'. During one of his first military encounters, he went up against the Lord’s father losing an eye to him in combat. On that day the Snake swore he would not rest until the decapitated heads of your entire family were lined up on spikes outside his keep. The Snake's attacking forces are easy to kill off if a castle has adequate missile troops but the archers can prove a nuisance in the large numbers which are deployed by him. The slave raids outside of the main attacks, can like the Caliph's destroy some opponents buildings, although the Snake doesn't deploy as many slaves as the Caliph. Defensively, the Snake has a moat around his castle and lots of archers on his towers but no ballistae or mangonels so has an average defensive capability.

The Pig (Duc Truffe): When the Pig was born it is rumoured he looked so hideous that his parents abandoned him in the street. Whatever the case, it is known that he was taken in by a group of traveling bandits who raided small towns and villages throughout the homeland. Whilst growing up with this small army of rogues he was vastly underfed; however, after developing a crude but effective understanding of basic military tactics and being nominated as their leader, the Pig made sure that he had first call on the best foods after each raid and has overeaten ever since. He is quite tough, and won't go down without a fight. As an attacking force, the Pig's macemen are very fast, and can manage to cause some damage to the walls and destroy several out-buildings of even the most well defended opponent. Defensively, there are large numbers of crossbowmen but no siege weapons and only one layer of low walls around the fortress. His macemen swarm if the wall is breached and can easily surround and kill attacking opponents' overeager men.

The Wolf (Duc Volpe): The Wolf's past is shrouded in mystery and what is known of his history is mainly patched together from stories and unreliable rumours alone. This aside, it is believed that both his parents died from natural causes in close succession shortly after his eighteenth birthday. Both attacking and defending the Wolf is capable with flammable pitch around his fortress, mangonels, fire ballistae and crossbowmen defending his fortress and increasingly large numbers of swordsmen and pikemen in attack.

Richard the Lionheart: The Lionheart has a reasonable grasp of the region's economy for a soldier, but it is in the field of battle where he is in his element. Brave and fearless, his ability to siege a castle is second to none. However defensively, despite having mangonels , archers and ballistae the Lionheart is vulnerable to fire because of the thin walls and not always enough archers on the towers to repel slave and fire ballista attacks. Enemies of the Lionheart do have to be aware of the presence of boiling oil at his fortress.

Saladin: More than any other Lord, Saladin dominates the desert economy. He will be in no great rush to lead his forces out into the field, but when he strikes, it will be from a position of power. Good defensively, perhaps not as good as the Wolf, but in attack his horse archers can easily neutralise the threat from a defending opponents manned towers. However, unless there is a large force deployed towards the end of the game there will usually not be enough swordsmen and assassins to trouble a well defended enemy.

The Caliph: Cruel and vindictive, the Caliph is skilled at bringing misery to both his own people and to yours. If he can get his tyrannical act together, his underhand methods of fighting will prove a constant thorn in your side. Periodic slave raids and lots of horse archers in his (relatively rare) attacks, the Caliph is likely to start a few fires at least in his opponents' buildings. Defensively, despite having no ballistae or mangonels on towers, enemies still have to be careful of burning pitch, flamethrowers and boiling oil.

The Sultan: The Sultan is more...say...a poet, than a warrior, preferring feasting to the humdrum matters of running his own castle. In short not the sharpest sword in the desert. His people love him, however, and his soldiers will fight well to defend him. The worst opponent defensively, with his slingers being easily attacked by archers and with no ballistae or mangonels on his walls. However with large forces attacking, rare as that is with the Sultan, there can be large numbers of swordsmen that may prove a threat to opponents that do not train crossbowmen. The Sultan has a shaky economy because he does not grow food, takes a long time to build his castle and relies heavily on stone once all the trees have been felled as the main source of income.
The following characters only appear in Stronghold Warchest (though the first three are downloadable from the main site)

Philip II of France: King Phillip seeks glory and prestige from his desert adventure. His reckless insistence on the use of his knights as his main fighting force is more often than not, his undoing.

Emperor Frederick: Emperor Frederick is perhaps the best all-round strategist in the desert. There are few weaknesses in his armour and left alone he will over time become a mighty force.

The Sheriff: The Sheriff is the cruelest lord in the land and easily the most underhand. He will use Arab or Crusader alike, along with every dirty castle defense he can lay his hands on, to further his own self-interest.

The Nizar: The Nizar may catch his enemies by surprise if caught unprepared for his swift and silent tactics. His island like castles are only effective on low ground and can be tricky to attack.

The Wazir: The Wazir is a mean spirited leader with a fiery temper. His persistent use of horse archers make him an annoyance, although his siege technique leaves a lot to be desired.

The Emir: The Emir is a kind hearted and easy going Arabian leader. A good all rounder who manages his economy effectively as well as his attack tactics...which he does...in force!

The Abbot: The Abbot considers himself entrusted with the defense of his faith. His vindictive monks will continually amass in vast numbers to pull down the walls of their enemies.

The Marshal (Sir Longarm from the original Stronghold): This retired fighter tends to play things a little more cautiously than he once did. The sight of his knights sallying forth from his castle is still a warning to anyone however.

Europe Units:
Archer
Crossbowman
Knight
Maceman
Pikeman
Spearman
Swordsman
Warrior Monk

Arab Units:
Slave
Arabian Bowman
Assassin
Fire Thrower
Slinger
Horse Archer
Arabian Swordsman

Features:
- Every lord will have own faction
- Assassin will be able to climb on walls (i don't know is it possible and will AI use those tools but we will try.
- Now weapons like grenades of Greek fire and sling.
- Fire arrows (i will try to make them only for defenders of castle)

Credits:
Ryu_NI - Made some good weapons for me
GLG33K (YuriTheRed) - Helped me to find team

I am looking for people to help me i need someone to make few animations, modeller, and maybe someone to make textures.

Banner:

banner.png

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=217015.new#new][IMG]http://www.dodaj.rs/f/R/o/2gfQq5b4/banner.png[/IMG][/url]

Andronicus011 said:
Srećno! Ja sam inače obožavao Stronghold igrice kad sam bio mlađi, i dalje ih obožavam i igram!
+1

Nema sumnje da ce ovo biti odlican mod jer je ideja odlicna. Srecno!

I think that would be nice  :wink:
There are much better Crusader Mod´s,but if it is like Stronghold ...  :grin:

Ah, I can't wait, Merged Stronghold Crusader and Warband  :twisted:
Please explain some-more, like your Lords :grin: Is they will be going to have a stand-alone faction, or divided by Christian and Muslims?  :mrgreen:

every lord will have own faction but cristians will have better reputation with cristians and revers, but i still meed modeler :sad:

Do you have any modding skills? Coding, modelling, texturing, aniamting?
Or are you basically looking for people to make a mod for you?

Shimmler said:

I see that question neally everytime... If you would read it he actually is looking for an Animator, modeler and texturing guy. So basicly he does the coding himself..

Read before you post .. :/
Wish him goodluck instead.

gokiller said:
Shimmler said:

I see that question neally everytime... If you would read it he actually is looking for an Animator, modeler and texturing guy. So basicly he does the coding himself..

Read before you post .. :/
Wish him goodluck instead.

And I see new topics "Hi a started a mod but I need people to do it" all the time.

Besides, he never said he had any skills, and usually people with no experience entirely forget about the coding part.

Besides, there is this mod about Crusades over here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,161039.0.html
so a good thing would be to join it and learn a thing or two about modding

i know coding i am doing almost all alone maybe ask for something in Mount & Blade Mod Makers Q&A Thread, and i finish few textures but i still learning

Hello i'm Ryu at NordInvasion mod. One of my friend (Yuri) asked me to check your mod and see if i can help. I'm not sure if i can, but i can offer you maybe some new weapons i've made for NI. If you want to check them i can post you some screenies with a pm since some of them need to stay hidden for now till we got a new patch that includes them :smile:. Anyways please respond to me with a post(since i dont log-in here at forums too much), i'll be checking here time to time. Good luck with your mod mate :smile:.

for now i will stop this mode, i finish i what i could but now i need animations, models... if some1 want to help send me PM or post message  here and i can continue with mode

Back
Top Bottom