SP Oriental [WB] MAHABHARAT-(Recruiting for all positions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarvajit

Sergeant at Arms
Hi Friends,
I planned to adopt mod battle for Hindustan for war band and started some working on it.
Today when I wake up I have thought only mod about internal war is not sufficient so I Planned the mod about ancient India.
MAHABHARAT
The mod about India and other country like Yavana(Greece),Hara Huna(In do-Chines),Saka Kingdom(Scythians)etc.

I Can not make this mod without Friends like you so Please Help :wink:

Features of this mod:

-6 New kingdoms
  ~The Bharat(Kuru) Dynasty(India)
  ~Yavana Kingdom(Greeks)
  ~Xia dynasty(China)
  ~Saka Kingdom(Scythians)
  ~Sinhala Kingdom(Shri Lanka)
  ~Gandhara Kingdom(Afghanistan)

- Chariots (Two Types)
- New Weapons and Armors
- New cloths
- New Troop Tree for Every kingdom
- New bandit,demons,barbarians
- New Kingdom management
- New Map

Credits
- wanderer949 for horses
- dariel and The whole team of battle for Hindustan and Hariragat
- Talak for some weapon models
- Rgcotl for OSP rome and falcata
- Shredzorz for 15th century weapon OSP
- Gothic Knight for OSP Greek and Macedonian Items
- Mackie and xenoargh for Mackie's OSP Weapons Pack
- moraka for texturing
- Llew for mount & gladius

which time period will this mod be exactly ?
anyways, hope this helps  :wink:

units by DBA painted armies

929c4e7862db.jpg

41dbb460b44f.jpg

29f58eddb141.jpg

c3048ca1f03e.jpg

85929ee38f91.jpg

af4aac5251d0.jpg

11e3b074d67d.jpg

b0d5864d0e00.jpg

3d1553cab1fd.jpg

50b347054b96.jpg

d2995d6595f8.jpg

7b0981ea7dc2.jpg

b509898ac329.jpg

5051ea7f7aa3.jpg

3f0c6d109e6d.jpg

Early Indian 900BC-545AD

1509_face.jpg
1507_face.jpg
1506_face.jpg

1508_face.jpg
1510_face.jpg
1511_face.jpg

Cimmerian or Scythian 750BC-50BC

836_face.jpg
835_face.jpg

851_face.jpg
852_face.jpg

Kushan 135BC-410BC

978_face.jpg

838_face.jpg
891_face.jpg
842_face.jpg

917_face.jpg
979_face.jpg
977_face.jpg

Bactrian and Indo-Greek 250BC-55BC

1387_face.jpg
1269_face.jpg
1270_face.jpg

1271_face.jpg
1274_face.jpg
1273_face.jpg

plates from "The Armies of Bactria 700BC - 450 AD"

8d1a873fd643.jpg

0c2f816d02c5.jpg

a1cf73a3de02.jpg

b2740a3f44f0.jpg

83bbbaf84bc3.jpg

297dd1c50906.jpg

7c169e740841.jpg

picture1hk.png

picture2xcv.png

"Ancient Armies" by concord publishing

picture2zjc.png

picture1bzy.png

"Warriors of Eurasia" by Dr, M.Gorelik

30bbed124688.jpg

picture4sz.png

picture3ov.png

detailed information by WRG on Ancient Indian

picture1pnz.png

picture2sg.png

picture3twe.png

picture4mv.png

picture5jh.png

picture6qw.png

picture7dqs.png

picture8ix.png

more sources & interesting finds

indian_cavalryman_1.jpg

picture2ee.png

ecf68bf94fd8.jpg

cc54f91be7a9.jpg

war_ancient_India2.jpg

76f07f2bd24c.jpg

indiancharty.jpg

3d5aa534653d.jpg

SSHAT8143.jpg

7e7ce1afebcc.jpg

79e953959046.jpg

tfvgb.png

dfzdftghbhbt.jpg

picture1tkk.png

7a3bbce2d8ef.jpg

5df7ddf61e.jpg

dc13a20a40.jpg

ca1bc71071.jpg

9b97112a40.jpg

5d63ceb8c15d.jpg

Thanks matmohair1.
currently I am working on Companions and weapons. 
It is about early vedic period.
Soon the preview of companions is available.

Some portrait about Mahabharat.
Legendary Warrior Bhishma who made Lord Krishna break His vow not to raise a weapon in the war,
pastimesofmaha49bad7188.jpg

Death of Legendary Warrior Bhishma
bhismadevadashi1.jpg

The Death of Bhishma
In the great battle at Kurukshetra, Bhishma was the supreme commander of the Kaurava forces for ten days compared to Drona's five, Karna's two and Salya's one-the last day. He fought reluctantly on the side of the Kauravas; nevertheless, he gave it his best effort. At one stage Arjuna's disinclination to fight him, nearly made Krishna break His vow not to raise a weapon in the war. Not even Arjuna was able to defeat Bhishma because in addition to being a peerless warrior he was blessed with choosing the moment of his death.

In this war, Bhishma vowed not to kill any of the Pandavas, as he loved them, being their grandsire. Duryodhan often confronted Bhishma alleging that he was not actually fighting for the Kaurava camp as he wouldn't kill any Pandava but would let them kill Kauravas. But in fact, Bhishma was the strongest barrier that had protected the Kaurava camp from impending defeat.

The war was thus locked in a stalemate. As the Pandavas mulled over this situation, Krishna advised them to visit Bhishma himself and request him to suggest a way out of this stalemate. Bhishma knew in his heart that the Pandavas were righteous and chaste, and that he stood as the greatest obstacle in their path to victory, so when they visited Bhishma, he told them that if faced by an other gender that is a gender which has both features of a male and female in battle he would cease to fight and not lift weapons against her.

The Pandavas were initially not agreeable to such a ploy, as by bringing such a gender to the battleground they would disgrace themselves, but Krishna suggested a clever alternative. And thus, on the next day - the tenth day of battle - Shikhandi accompanied Arjuna on the latter's chariot and they faced Bhishma who put his bow and arrows down. He was then felled in battle by a reluctant, ashamed and tearful Arjuna pierced by innumerable arrows. As Bhishma fell, his whole body was held above the ground by the shafts of Arjuna's arrows which protruded from his back, and through his arms and legs. Seeing Bhishma laid on such a bed of arrows humbled even the gods who watched from the heavens in reverence, silently blessing the mighty warrior.

:???: the swords dont look ancient, they seem to be based on late Mughal & Rajput examples

:grin: more info (important names included) :-

Indo-Greeks - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Greeks

Greco-Bactrian Kingdom - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Bactrian_Kingdom

wargt.jpg

TW -mod "europa barbarorum" -http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466774

7667hfghfgh.png

Bactrian units - http://www.europabarbarorum.com/factions_baktria_units.html

IndoGreek Noble Hoplite - http://www.europabarbarorum.com/unit_indogreek_noble_hoplite.html

Sreni Pattya Yoddaha - http://www.desura.com/groups/ancient-weapon-lovers-group/images/warriors-of-the-late-bc-centuries-part-24

Baktrioi Hippotoxotai - http://www.europabarbarorum.com/p/art/EB-art-bak_hippotoxotai.jpg

Saka General - http://www.europabarbarorum.com/p/art/EB-art-saka_general.jpg

Hetairoi Kataphraktoi - http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll80/ArchePersis/loading_screen_29.png

Thanks for info mat.
The battle of kurukshetra is dated 6000 BCE – 500 BCE so I cant judge which swords is used by us.
According to our religious texts and other texts like Dhanurveda At that time Archery is most noble,fighting with the spear ranks next, while fighting with the sword is considered unrefined, and wrestling(fighting with bare hands) is classed as the meanest or worst form of fighting.Most of the heroes are Good Archer like Shri Ram, Eklavya ,Arjun, Karn, Bhishma etc.
so I didn't need more swords.

at that time Greeks are far from Gandhar(Afghanistan).
they are foreigner for us but we have commercial and political relations.

That time the ordinary people uses long bow made of bamboo or other wood or other material but Kshatriya and Brahmins doesn't
touch hide,bones so they use metal or composite bows.

my problem is armor for that time for which I haven't meshes. so the workload is bigger on me.

mess time  :lol:
I am currently working on mace and bow.
the mace should be like this
or the head should be even larger.

Its was completely made of iron and its length was roughly from a mans hip to the ground. It is called "Gada" in India.

This weapon needed some sheer physical strength to unleash the devastating power upon the enemies. One powerful blow and the enemy is akin to a mashed potato.

hah aha, ive seen shows of this on my t.v downstairs on channels like Star plus, and Sony asia because my family are always watching indian drama's hahaha.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
In wikipedia it says Mahabharata dates written nearly 400yrs BCE,but it may have unwritten records up to 800yrs or 900yrs BCE.And there was no record in wikipedia of Yavana,Xia,Saka and Sinhala.

EDIT:I think you should make your own weapon and armor,because Mahabharat happens somehow nearly 2000 yrs before "Battle for Hindustan".
Here some shields I made for you:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/longshields.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/longwickershield.png/

Thanks for help.

1) The battle of mahabharat have dates unclear.there are many theories.
    Most widely accepted date is 10th century BCE or 950 BCE, according to archeological evidences.
    S. Balakrishna concluded a date of 2559 BCE using consecutive lunar eclipses.
    R. N. Iyengar concluded a date of 1478 BCE using double eclipses and Saturn+Jupiter conjunctions.
    B. N. Achar states a date of 3067 BCE using planetary positions listed in the Mahābhārata.
    P. V. Holey states a date of November 13, 3143 BCE using planetary positions and calendar systems.
    P. V. Vartak calculates a date of October 16, 5561 BCE using planetary positions.
    Based on translation work by K. Sadananda, on November 22 3067 BCE, Kurukshetra War started.
  "The findings in Dwarka and archeological evidence found are compatible with the Mahabharata tradition and removes the lingering    doubt about the historicity and positions the Mahabharata war date to around 1500 BCE.

so date of mahabharat war is unclear.

2)China is mentioned as one among the northern kingdoms:

Mahabharata, Book 6, chapter 9 (MBh.6.9) mentions like this:- Among the tribes of the north are the Mlecchas, and the Kruras, the Yavanas, the Chinas, the Kamvojas, the Darunas, and many Mleccha tribes; the Sukritvahas, the Kulatthas, the Hunas, and the Parasikas; the Ramanas, and the Dasamalikas.

Chinas were mentioned along with Chivukas and Pulindas and Khasas, Hunas, Pahlavas, Sakas, Yavanas, Savaras, Paundras, Kiratas, Kanchis, Dravidas, Sinhalas and Keralas. All these tribes were described as Mlechha tribes. Here they were described as the protectors of sage Vasistha and his cow against the attack of king Viswamitra. (1,177)

Pahlavas and the Daradas and the various tribes of the Kiratas and Yavanas and Sakas and the Harahunas and Chinas and Tukharas and the Sindhavas and the Jagudas and the Ramathas and the Mundas and the inhabitants of the kingdom of women and the Tanganas and the Kekayas and the Malavas and the inhabitants of Kasmira were mentioned at (3,51) as bringing tribute to Pandava king Yudhisthira.
India during the time of Mahabharat.

The Yavanas, the Kiratas, the Gandharvas, the Chinas, the Savaras, the Barbaras, the Sakas, the Tusharas, the Kankas, the Pathavas, the Andhras, the Madrakas, the Paundras, the Pulindas, the Ramathas, the Kamvojas were mentioned together as tribes beyond the kingdoms of Aryavarta. The Aryavarta kings had doubts on dealing with them.

also there is tale fight between kalyavan and Lord Krishna in which kalyavan is burned by king muchkund.
Bhima mentions a China king Dhautamulaka, who caused the destruction of his own race (5,74). The name "Dhautamulaka" translates to "clean root", and might be a reference to the last Xia emperor Jie, whose name means "clean" in Chinese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_in_the_Mah%C4%81bh%C4%81rata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurukshetra_War

sorry for my bad english as It is not my native language.
and again thanks for shields.

Okay.Let's pass to another part of the mod:The items.
Since we have few resources about the Indian weapons of that time,I suggest the Kuru use the following items:
Axe(Warrider(M&B 0.2) had an Indian axe I'm trying to remake with Warband quality texture)
Chakram
Katar
Mace
Spear
Trident
Bow
Arrow

I suggest to make every weapon(exept for bow,which I will find other variations) have these variations:
Copper->Brass->Iron->Steel->Ornate->Wootz Steel->Divine(like the Bow of Rama for bows,Trishula for the Trident or the Sudarshana Chakra for the chakram)
Here is my work on Katars(and I did the same thing for Chakram):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/katars.jpg/
From left to right:
Copper->Brass->Iron->Steel->Ornate->Wootz Steel

P.S.If you know any God using a Katar,tell me.

Hi Sarvajit,

You may want to model your weapons after these South Indian examples.  We don't know exactly what Arjuna and his brothers used, but these are probably closer than the Persian/Turkish-influenced tulwars and shamshirs I had in Battle for Hindustan.

attachment.php

ph-0.jpg

ph-0.jpg

ph-0.jpg

ph-0.jpg

Thanks dariel and ThaneWulfgharn for your help.
I think I have to add some fantasy work to this mod as pure mod on mahabharat require lot of work.
my collage is starting on 2nd july and my project work is already started 2 days ago.so I have shortage of time.
I created 3 models of Gada. tonight texturing work shall be done.

So overall progess for weapon
Swords 6 models done with texturing(5 models are in queue)
bows (80% done, only for noble troop remaining)

ThaneWulfgharn said:
P.S.If you know any God using a Katar,tell me.

According to my knowledge no god uses katar.
Katar looks cool.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/sudarshanachakra.png/

The Sudarshana Chakra:Weapon of Lord Vishnu.

Details about it:
-It is supposed to be the most powerful throwing weapon in the mod.Maybe script it with some sort of Divine Power,like explosion where the wootz steel shards go like shrapnel(there is a fragment grenade script) and the fact that "returns on your hand"(Scripting refill ammo).

Disclaimer:
-The Swastika on the Sudarshana is a Hindu symbol of the sun.It has nothing to do with racism.Actually,Hitler adopted the Swastika from the Hindu and the Vikings(both have the symbol).Maybe he wanted to mean his regime was allmighty and undefeatable like the sun.There is also a difference between the Hindu and the Nazi Swastika,Nazi Swastika arms are on the reverse side of the Hindu one.

Back
Top Bottom