MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Warhammer 40k: Battle for the Imperium ALPHA v3 RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

The 3.2 patch with custom music by Pagan. Just get those tracks into a Music folder inside of the module folder. I'm hosting a Battle server from now on, my current Internet should allow players to not experience terrible ping.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jBKcJ7uo5rYVFsZVRPTzQ2d2M/edit?usp=sharing

Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jBKcJ7uo5rb1dibHpqRGJTQ2s/edit?usp=sharing

Don't forget to put the module itself in the "Modules" folder in the directory of the dedicated server.

The textures and models are very well done! The chainsaw sound makes it a whole lot of fun to use.

We discovered a bug when firing a standard lasgun, it always shoots right of the marker. Never left or on the marker.
The laspistol feels very weak, inaccurate and not useful in any situation.
Grenades are awesome, (especially the smoke grenade!) but the frag seems to take a bit too long before it explodes.
Shotgun can be used as some sort of artillery at long ranges. Perhaps the bullets should disappear after X amount of seconds so that they don't travel for ages and can reach longer ranges by aiming at the sky.

Keep up the good work. It has a good atmosphere so far, and I am looking forward to future updates.

The Lasgun rate of fire, whilst you get used to it, is a bit slow. You often stand no chance against autoguns for example.
It feels as if though the damage to stun threshold might be a bit high.
The screen turning black when morale drops is a bit boring for the players. Now I like the idea of fleeing in panic and that, but that the player can't see what is going on is well not very fun. I know it might be a bunch of work to change that though.

As MaHuD already said, it has good atmosphere and gorgeous models, the mod really has potential, depending on how you're planning on going about it. I may be able to make a map for you at a later date, but as it stands I'm quite busy.

Ah yes. The black screen. The Morale system is very cool, and has great potential. But getting a black screen is very anti-climactic. Especially when I am being killed, I want to see how I died and not just suddenly be dead with a black screen having no idea of what happened.

Is displaying a black image or obscuring the screen some other way? If it's a black image, perhaps making so that it fades the screen out or is a strong vignette would be better.

Still makes it difficult to aim and you lose situational awareness, but you're not completely blind.

Well, we introduced the black screen not because we wanted to, but because we hadn't other choice. You see, client (not server) actually doesn't lose control on his character during running away, and just teleports in a place, where he stops fleeing. Guess that was a messy explaination :smile:

I haven't meddled with camera controls myself yet, but I presume this would work:
mission_cam_set_target_agent          = 2017  # (mission_cam_set_target_agent, <agent_id>, <value>) #if value = 0 then do not use agent's rotation, else use agent's rotation

Say, spawning the off-map agent, set player to control that agent, possibly kill that agent(Got to disable the player from respawning if it's like deathmatch or so though when choosing to kill the agent) or not, and then setting the mission_cam_set_target to the original agent until it's either dead or until it's morale is back up, in which case it can be controlled again. (Or the player can respawn incase it died)

Taken into account.

We're changing the format of the mod atm. and hence changing the morale system, so fortunately it will be working good with the next update.

Back
Top Bottom