MP Native [WB] WarbandCoop V0.1.0 *DEAD*

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi have a look at this link as I think this would be a much easier way of making the co-op campaign. It would be so much better your way but like you said there is far too much bother with servers etc.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349390.msg8371159.html#msg8371159

The_dragon said:
Reus said:
There's no way these mods will ever work out with the current engine limitations. Whenever you see a co-op mod in the makings, just assume it won't be finished.

We'll see about it in Bannerlord.

Yes they could work with the current engine limitations. The keyword is 'time'. It is just too complicated to make it, because it is not like a normal multiplayer game... is much complex.
Normal multiplayer games have a server and multiple clients.
This coop mod requires a server for handling the open world map actions (main server) + one or multiple servers for handling the battles (which are handled by the main server) + clients (players; the clients needs to be passed around between the main server and the battle servers). The servers which handles the battles becomes clients for the server that handles the open world actions, so you have two types of clients for the main server: server clients and player clients.
Another solution would be to make a server that would handle everything, but it can't be done in warband because of it's limitations (+ it would require a massive server to handle a couple of battles simultaneously )
This is pretty hard to make normally; making it on top of warband's limitations makes it even harder, but not impossible.

Sorenerv said:
wrong thread this is discussion for warband co-op which is not possible. Your information does not help the issue for making co-op work.

The idea was meant for Warband I had additional hopes that it would be picked up for Bannerlord.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349390.msg8371159.html#msg8371159

From what Dragon was stating the problem was having multiple servers running different battles, the idea set out would eliminate that issue and would reduce the amount of communication between the players as they will only be separated every time a place or battle loads.
I have not looked into modding M&B so I cannot say for sure but it sounds as though this would be a lot easier and I am far too busy creating other projects to take a look into it.

Well I tell you that it will not work based on the fact that I know a few of the top modders here have attempted and came accross engine limitations which deemed it not possible. Its the info I know, but there's always other ways/modders and etc. I highly doubt it will ever happen for Warband. Sadly

Your not alone in your "wanting warband coop"

Everyone that plays it pretty much wish's that there was a co-op option.

I don't know why the Dev's are not delivering what the community wants on this matter, I would say its the most or at least up there in the top 3 wanted features

Sorenerv said:
top modders here have attempted and came accross engine limitations which deemed it not possible.
Out of interest do you know what limitations Warband has in regards to multiplayer campaigns

Sorenerv said:
I don't know why the Dev's are not delivering what the community wants on this matter, I would say its the most or at least up there in the top 3 wanted features

I read somewhere that they were working on it and then I read somewhere that they had stopped. But they have completely re-written the engine from what I have read so we live in hope. I have little time spare to play the game as it is until I have projects out the way anyhow but if Bannerlord comes out with co-op I will make some time.

Помогите пожалуйста!!!У меня игра почему-то вылетает.Загрузка проходит,открывается меню,а после вылетает.Что делать?

Google Translate:
Help please! My game for some reason crashes. The download passes, the menu opens, and after the crash. What should I do?

mistershot said:
Помогите пожалуйста!!!У меня игра почему-то вылетает.Загрузка проходит,открывается меню,а после вылетает.Что делать

Please stick to English in an English board. If you are not able to speak English, please run your posts through a translation service and post the translation, too. I’ve gone ahead and done it for you this one time, but won’t in the future.

Back
Top Bottom