MP Native Fantasy [WB] Invasion of Avalon

Users who are viewing this thread

This reminds me of a blend of Full Invasion with the Mercenaries mod/cRPG mod- you have an external account where items are tracked and you can have customizable loadouts.. a question though- all the assets available for this mod, armour, weapons, horses and all of that; how much gear do you suspect we'll have available?

We are implementing around %88 of the gear, some of it is useless for the mod such as 40 dresses.

But combat wise we will include everything from native.

and yes, you will have horses if you prefer cav.  there are no class restrictions for items. 

You can wear plate and be an archer if you like, as long as your character tier is high enough. 

We still have a lot of work to do web store wise, and I will need to get a pay check before I can pay for more php freelance work. 

Next month we will definitely launch.

As it stands with me doing everything, I do not know how to create and inventory, so buying items will overwrite old items.  themes are issues I plan on resolving before launch, I have a freelancer who codes for me.  For a good price. 

I had to do a set of dreadlocks on someone today to cover the cost of hiring an indian php programmer for the mod's website.  LEL

So we shall have a solid version for release, with inventory which was expected at a later date when our php friend is not busy. 

You know me, I sling money. :razz:

EDIT: he is not from india he is from southern california. 

Anyway, I am seriously doing everything I can to make a new and very enjoyable experience for warband since well, i am personally very bored with all games.  I am partially making this for my own enjoyment. :smile:

Xaphan said:
I had to do a set of dreadlocks on someone today to cover the cost of hiring an indian php programmer for the mod's website.  LEL

So we shall have a solid version for release, with inventory which was expected at a later date when our php friend is not busy. 

You know me, I sling money. :razz:

EDIT: he is not from india he is from southern california. 

Anyway, I am seriously doing everything I can to make a new and very enjoyable experience for warband since well, i am personally very bored with all games.  I am partially making this for my own enjoyment. :smile:

do you have a money tree?

Yes I could use a lot of help testing, i wont be testing until the weekend though.  I have been having to do everything myself and the web portion is supposed to be done by the weekend, without the mod's website i would have to manually give out test classes and test gear.  Would be better to test the whole system web, DB, wave difficulty, Map style, what could make it more fun.

I am going to schedule the test for Saturday 6PM EST, if you want to test come onto teamspeak ts.pw-oasis.com and join the Invasion of Avalon Room!

If the web system is not complete i will cancel the test and push it back another week. 

damn foreigners. xD

anyway before that i will need a few to help me test a few systems I wrote off the top of my head without testing at all.

1. new wave spawn system, each wave is now a script, which gives me more control over round difficulties, and makes it more specific.

2. I decided instead of using a prop to refill hp and ammo, I instead am using timers, I need to make sure they are balanced, where everyone can get full hp between rounds, but to not refill too quickly.  These timers will need to be balanced. 

3. Need to test the player respawn system, respawning dead players after boss rounds. 

So before a main test I need to make sure all of these functions are working. 

All items added to database for the website.  I optimized the code more to free up cpu for the insane waves.  I am keeping scripts to a minimum so we can have a truly crazy time. 

I decided against barricades in this version.  I loved building little barricade hiding spots don't get me wrong, but barricades not only make the AI totally wig out cauding lag, but the destruction of tons of barricades lags and crashes the server. 

To compensate I am making high teir shields practically invisible, using a repair timer. 

The flow of the battles so far will go like this.

Cav will distract the AI, not only cav, but cav archers. Melee units will defend the archers from bots who make it past the cav.  The waves will be pushing the engine to the limits but I anticipate the latest code optimization to cut back on hard drive read write due to loads of functions being triggered by the players.  On some of my servers I have been able to run over 400 AI with %40 frame rate reduction.  No i doubt we will hit 400 AI, but my stress tests confirm we will see some of the most epic invasion battles, and version one will be packed with 50 rounds of insanity. 

Scene creation will play a big role in the lack of need for barricades, yet I won't make it too easy.  You guys are in for one hell of a ride. 

A Pre Release Survey for the community

1) What would you like to see in invasion scenes, we would like to meet the requirements for all scenes to be cav friendly, give us a detailed answer of what you would like to see personally:

2) What sort of waves would you like, how would you prefer difficulty, mass fodder bots, smaller waves of heavy armored units, a mix? Give us your thoughts we expect to release with 50 waves:

3) How have you always wanted to fight? What would make you extremely happy as a player, your thoughts?:

4) Version one is server sided and limited to native items and server sided functions, What features would you like to see or modified?:

5) Is there anything else you would like to add?  Any thoughts or opinions you would like to express? We want to create a very fun experience:

Back
Top Bottom