MP Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE: Revived RELEASED

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm working on the next patch with utilized scene props and some gameplay adjustments. Hopefully it will come out in one week or so. That's when an event would be a nice idea :smile:

AndreusAs said:
I'm working on the next patch with utilized scene props and some gameplay adjustments. Hopefully it will come out in one week or so. That's when an event would be a nice idea :smile:

Would you like some feedback on the current balance (or lack thereof) in the mod. Some people I know and I have messed about a little bit and could do some proper balance testing as well. If you'd be okay with that, I'd also like to extend an open invitation to come play(test) the mod with us. Anyone interested can pm me about it :smile:

Ofc. all feedback and testings are welcomed, though I'm at home (again) and my internet leaves much to be desired, so I won't be present on those test games (at least for 3-4 more days).

We need flags with buffs, but the empire need something that will be able to deal damage to those chaos warrios close up, it seems nothing can get through their armour.  :neutral:

Well, there is that halberd with 50p swings, not much else, though.
One of the best melee weapons the empire gets is the trench gun's bayonet  :razz:

Right so we have deduced that things need love as follows:
Overall: Some weapon damage types are a bit silly, such as cutting stabs. Oh and all non-crusher weapons should be at least above 50 speed, right now some of them are useless. Also the humans should all be able to outrun the crusher etc. though be slower than marauders and berserkers.
Empire: More religious stuff thrown in would be nice :wink:
spearmen in the form of a more sensible weapon curve (free spear is currently best) and a slightly higher speed, also the default armor should be fastest;
swordmen a bit higher athletics and slightly higher weapon speed;
halberdiers need their weapon curve slightly looked at, currently only the 50p one is usefull, also give all stabs pierce;
archers and crosbowmen need to be more accurate, have more arrows/bolts and the daggers might need some tweaking, we also had the idea of making special holy ammo (or bow) that can actually do damage to heavily armored enemies but it should be very limited;
handgunners need their weapons more spaced out, sniper being accurate (also fix infinite ammo bug on that one), the bayoneted one nerfed a bit, and overall just give them differentiable stats: speed, damage, accuracy, melee ability etc.

Chaos: Slowest weapons ought to be a bit faster, maybe the fastest ones a bit slower? Right now there's no point in not taking the fastest weapon. Balance that out with speed and it should be good. Not much else to say about them really, they're just so silly :lol:

Ok, first of all, damage types were replaced with armor piercing coeff., again (just like in my 40k). So, Cuts represent lowest AP rate, Pierces - Medium AP rate and Blunts - highest AP rate. They differ heavily, so bear that in mind.

Secondly, I planned this mod to be played with 800-1000 starting gold and mediocre income, so that not every weapon\armor was available at the beginning of a match and there always was a hard choice between a new shiny helmet and a sharp sword.

Weapon speed - yes, it should be heavily adjusted, though specifications are welcomed. Remember about AP coeffs, too, as a rule the higher it is, the slower a weapon is.

I thought, all Imperial units were faster than CWs\Cs\Champs, the slowest one is Pistolier, but it has horse for a reason.

Empire: unfortunately, I'm not Furok :smile: Otherwise I would have added more stuff already.

Spearman: it's concept suggests "remote" combat with heavily armored units, just get in close - and a spearman becomes useless due to lack of swing attacks and slow weapon speed. In terms of weaponry - can't really understand, did I screw it by making the most powerful spear free, or?.. I think they gradually get spears with superior damage and inferior speed.

Swordsman: yep, I also thought of giving higher AP coeff to some of their swords.

Halberdier: it's concept is better represented with "Hold the line, damn it!" sentence, although some tweaks are surely needed. This class also has, if I'm not mistaken, 40b halberd wich is furious.

Archers\crossbowmen: though it's not obvious and not anyhow defined in the mod, but all ranged weapons use "missiles'" damage type (AP rate). For example, blunt arrows+longbow combination allows an archer to crush a crusher (he-he). Same with crossbows. I'll also tweak accuracy a lil' bit and add some more standart ammo in packs, though heavy bolts and blunt arrows alongside with other expensive types of ammo will still be limited. Daggers weren't much worked out, so disregard them for now :smile: Anyway, I don't really know what to do with them, they aren't meant to be good at all, I guess.

Handgunner: yep.

Chaos: yep :smile:

AndreusAs said:
Spearman: it's concept suggests "remote" combat with heavily armored units, just get in close - and a spearman becomes useless due to lack of swing attacks and slow weapon speed. In terms of weaponry - can't really understand, did I screw it by making the most powerful spear free, or?.. I think they gradually get spears with superior damage and inferior speed.

The free spear is best as it is the fastest and also seems to do the most damage. The other more expensive spears are too slow to be of much use, and dosen't give that much of a damage bonus.

I am not that much into warhammer lore, but does the Empire use pikemen? If they do and there would be model for it, it would be very helpful to add to the empire roster.

Will look into it. Thought it didn't penetrate heavy armor effectively.

Pikes are mostly Tilean feature, as I know. Empire doesn't use them much, Ostland doesn't for sure.

Here's a few suggestions for melee weapon price balancing:
1. AP based: cut cheapest, pierce medium, blunt most expensive.
2. Speed: faster weapons more expensive. (though 55 should be lowest apart from the largest, mostly crusher, weapons)
3. More damaging weapons more expensive.

Ranged weapons:
I'm quite certain that only the weapon damage type affects the performance, not the projectiles, though I may be mistaken.
Higher damage/speed/accuracy, higher price. Pretty simple.

Crusher shouldn't have the ability to block, at least with the maces. Also class limits would be quite good.

PS: I want to be able to play as a cultist like the bots :lol:

Nice new main menu screen by Partizan_Rusi  :grin: Update is on it's way.

The art itself was made by Saadi.

9b420acde4dc.jpg

Good work Partizan_Rusi.

YourStepDad said:
Omg, nice. :shock:

This will get a ton of popularity with a little polish and recognition (after it gets its own subboard)

I thought mods based on an existing franchise never got a sub-board? For legal reasons or something.

Hello followers of Sigmar!... And Heretics.. (Nah I love ya all hihi.. Bretonnia ftw!)

Today I just finished my first soundtrack for this great Warhammer mod and I must say I am proud to work for such a project! And I am looking forward to work with AndreusAs And Partizan Rusi! :smile:

So here it is people!

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/a-grim-dawn

And two other soundtracks that will be in the mod. they was originally composed for another mod project but which is dead sadly, so I let Grim Age use them.

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/eye-to-eye
https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/the-lord-arrives

Enjoy! :smile:

Theretor said:
So here it is people!

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/a-grim-dawn

And two other soundtracks that will be in the mod. they was originally composed for another mod project but which is dead sadly, so I let Grim Age use them.

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/eye-to-eye
https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/the-lord-arrives

Enjoy! :smile:
Epic. Furok will be proud :]

Back
Top Bottom