[WB][M] Game of Thrones Roleplay Module is in need of Devs

Users who are viewing this thread

1er_Gren_Mr_T

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Greetings Taleworlds, the GoTRP module is a hardcore roleplay module that started in mid August and recently went into 1.0 at the start of the December.
The mod was created and managed by one mod developer but he has now decided to move on to new things, seeing this mod as more of a stepping stone. But this mod has serious potential to be something truly great, we have been playing it for ourselves and while the mechanics are much like Persistent World the gameplay is completely different.

Link to the mod here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325985.0.html

Being set in the world of 'A Song of Ice and Fire' the possibilities for real genuine roleplay are extremely expansive and have proved as such over the past several months. The mod already has a supportive community who are now seeking to keep this mod alive and growing because we truly believe it has potential for great things. We have events such as tourneys and feasts and there are other possibilities for roleplay such as weddings (which could or could not become red :wink: ), coronations, assassinations, plots and schemes and war of course.
The mod already has several unique items and features such as a raven system in chat, unique and fully modeled armours for each faction and alchemy to create potions and poisons. The current map is also cool and unique with castles including King's Landing (with the Red Keep), Winterfell, Castle Black, Riverrun and The Eyrie, screenshots below.

Castle Black:
4haSadN.jpg

King's Landing:
dVQCtnv.jpg

Riverrun:
0nDLyeL.jpg

Sunspear:
pmhAOso.jpg

Winterfell:
nrPAzFR.jpg

Wildling Camp:
PU1OdPG.jpg

Video taken of the mod recently:

So the purpose of this post is to appeal to anyone who is or knows a mod developer or a team of mod developers to work on this mod. As I've said the mod already has a committed core of supporters and players and the mod itself is almost finished. We just need devs to create patches for us though and oversee a new team of admins on a new server which we are working on setting up. So if you're reading this, get the word out there so we can keep this great mod alive, and hey try out the mod if you're interested! 

Sorry, but I didn't approve this.
I'm not looking for developers, as the only one who gets insight into the scripts is and will be me.

With all due respect, if you've decided to no longer work on the mod then why not let others do it? Because that's what the players and community want.

The player base is big and since most of them will stick with the mod when have a new owner we would like to let devs patch the module to finish scripting etc.

It Would be a waste of just letting the mod die out like this since ASOIAF has the biggest fanbase community ever.

I promise you that we will keep the rights that you made a big part of the mod we just want to have acces to change a couple of stuff in the mod.

We are not thieves that will steal your mod and make it just someone else his mod you will keep your rights as founder.

We just want to help.

ArminPyke said:
The player base is big and since most of them will stick with the mod when have a new owner we would like to let devs patch the module to finish scripting etc.

It Would be a waste of just letting the mod die out like this since ASOIAF has the biggest fanbase community ever.

I promise you that we will keep the rights that you made a big part of the mod we just want to have acces to change a couple of stuff in the mod.

We are not thieves that will steal your mod and make it just someone else his mod you will keep your rights as founder.

We just want to help.

This does not matter. If the original creator does not grant his permission for you to have access to the code and continue development, you cannot just claim "The people want it" or "Deus Vult" and ignore him. That's how things work, and infrangement of the mod's copyright will result in your threads being shut down and removed from the Taleworlds Forum.

1er_Gren_Mr_T said:
With all due respect, if you've decided to no longer work on the mod then why not let others do it? Because that's what the players and community want.

He has a point....

Back
Top Bottom